It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).
We teamed up with Razer to give you a contest with amazing prizes!

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG’s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
It's easier to become a professional pilot in real life than passing the flying school in san andreas!

Generally speaking, staying home in a video game would be much harder and dull than in real life. At least in your real house you can have fun by playing a game!
What is HARDER to do in games than in real life:

1. Do nothing.

2. To look at your own ass with your own eyes.

3. To control the damn remote controlled helicopters! AAaaaaarrrrr!!!!
GOG.com: ...what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective.
Breathing.
Climbing over a fence.
Swimming.
Being not megalomanic.
Being not a thieving bastard who enters every house.
From my perspective, TUTORIALS are a lot harder in games than in real life. In real life, you have a coach with unlimited processing power to teach and educate you. They have access to answering infinite possible questions regarding a subject and they can tutor in many different teaching styles regarding how their student may learn and perceive things. In games, the answers to questions are finite and limited by programming. They just aren't as accessible as a real life tutorial.
Things that are harder in video games than in real life:

Think of these when playing an immersive survival game...

1. Use the bathroom...this is very subjective...
2. Start over
3. Forget to eat
5. Forget to drink water
4. Forget to sleep
5. Forget that you are freezing
6. Die from radiation poisoning
7. Stop playing
8. <this space was left intentionally blank>
9. Lose money without gaining an advantage
10. Write this post....
Honestly? I find that saying mean things to people in games is infinitely more difficult in games than real life. I can’t just up and tell that nice old lady that her sweet rolls suck.
It just feels wrong.
Mrs. Tennyson called me silly once and deserved every insult.
Decline a tutorial on something you already know how to do and doesn't need !!
Fetch quests are waaay harder in video games than real life! Instead of making me travel halfway around the world bartering NPCs for items... how about I just order it off of Amazon for you?

It's much more convenient and less of a hassle for me to do this than to break and enter multiple homes to find a mythical, magical, majestic sword to trade in.
well considering that there is an option to do the thing in the game too, i'd have to say

1. fall asleep
2. fall in love
3. fall
Things that are harder to do in games than in real life :-

- Get a job

- Get a girl

- Get a parking ticket

and not necessarily in that order !
No matter how much I keep gardening; my wife seems to be not impressed ...
Ride a motorcycle.
Due to gyroscopic precession never being simulated.

Or bicycle for that matter. But you can somewhat strong-arm the bicycle in slow speeds.

You do not turn to the right by turning handlebars to the right. You do the opposite, that will initiate the turn and tilt you. Once tilted to the side of desired turn. Then those handlebars usually on their own turn to the right.

If you do not do this and stubbornly turn handlebars right to initiate the turn, you will get tilted to the left and ejected out of the turn and most likely kill yourself.

Most game that cover bike riding don't even bother to at least visually show this.
For more info
search for "Twist of the Wrist cornering bible"
Post edited May 09, 2021 by DirkLarien
Yey! Another contest :D
I think the hardest thing to do in videogames that is way easy in real life is DON'T TAKE STUPID DECISIONS, virtual world are a safer place than real life, so we tend to be more reckless because we always can reload our last save or check point. That fire burn? It has an obvios answer in real life but in game we have to try it to be sure. Can I jump that cliff with my car? In videogames we can find it out, but in real life is a big no.
Killing zombies. Videogame zombies can tank an amazing number of bullets, but both the zombies I shot in real life went down in one or two shots.
Stayin' alive.