It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).
We teamed up with Razer to give you a contest with amazing prizes!

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG’s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
It's harder to be a pacifist in games than in real life; in fact some games you literally cannot play a pacifist route.
I'm looking at you dues ex.
Motorcycle riding.

As an avid biker, with lots of road riding & track racing experience, I've always found it *bloody hard* to be able to race motorcycles in video games.

I'm not talking about driving motorcycles around in games like the Grand Theft Auto series, but mostly about being able to race competitively in racing sims like GP 500, Superbike 2001 and GP Bikes.

Being able to judge braking distances, keep nice throttle control, execute advanced techniques like trail braking or even assume correct body position before or during a turn while also doing the aforementioned things has always been *way over my head*; it seems way too difficult to (semi-)realistically reproduce the rider/motorcycle interaction at home.

What else can I say... I'll just continue using my PC to simulate fine automotive racing action and airplane flying destr..action and use the real thing for proper motorcycle racing action!

Good luck folks!
Post edited May 05, 2021 by Vythonaut
Climbing ladders. Exceptions are games where you "snap" onto the ladder or lock onto them with the use key. Otherwise i find myself stupidly jumping into the ladder (when going up) or taking unnecessary fall damage (when going down).
Bunny hopping
Dear diary,
Today in my traval to the immense Japanese/Korean Videogame world, I couldn't find any barber shop that can "make me bald", maybe because I lost my "ability to speak"?
I saw strange things when I "walked near a wall", but they dissapeared after I went on the road.

I hope tomorrow will be better.
It's so much harder to apologise when you accidently knock somone. IRL if I bump into someone, I mumble a 'sorry' and raise an apologetic hand to acknowledge my mistake. All is well. But if I target that NPC and accidently hit 'attack' instead of 'Hail'... well there is no apologising ...it's time to run and run like hell!
1. Its harder not to rage quit in games cause in real life you can't just rage quit.
Attachments:
Post edited May 06, 2021 by edgeafrica
The hardest thing in real life vs game is no fall damage, and no healing (Borderlands 1-2-3) You never EVER take fall damage, but you can also get healed! In real life, you die or break some bones! And you will never heal back to 100% HP! :D

#RazerxGOG
I never thought that it would be so hard to climb ladders in video games. Either the video game character ends up going on the side of the ladder or just does not go on the ladder unless I try repeatedly.

Games like Singularity, Halo, the Darkness, Among the sleep did give me trouble in this.
This technical coding error really needs to be looked at by video game developers and corrected.

I can climb ladders in mere seconds in real life.
In games, interacting with the world around you is much more difficult than in real life.
In real life, the use of any objects is limited only by our imagination, and in games a script of use is attached to each item. We cannot use items in games the way we want. If the properties of the item are not programmed by the developer, then we will not be able to interact with it.
In addition, in games, it is much more difficult to get feedback from interactions with the outside world. We cannot, for example, feel the acceleration or deceleration of a car or plane. We cannot feel the heat from the fire or the cold from the ice.
It is harder to ignore a bobble head or a collectable in a game. Like going out of your way collectible.

Picking up objects in real life may carry serious consequences but often are not as fun-or legal.
It is harder to have a family in games as you either see them kidnapped or killed, the trauma that the PC and there loved ones go through means you are never able to true settle down and be a happy.
One thing really harder to do in games than in real life is to get rid of those sporadic frame drops, no matter what rig I have, the Matrix we live in always runs so much better.
It's harder in a lot of games today not to have political correctness shoved into my face than in real life! In real life I can just walk away, in games you're stuck in their world telling you how you must be!
Post edited May 06, 2021 by Socratatus
It is much harder to start a conversation with a stranger in games than in real life. Here is some examples in games with NPC :

Me : "Hi, how are you ?"
NPC : "I don't know you and I don't want to talk with you. Bye ! "

Me : "Can I ask you a few questions ? "
NPC : "I'm busy, stranger ! Come back later !"

Me : "Excuse me, I..."
NPC : "Get the f... out of me, you f... son of a b... ! " (this one can be heard in some occasions in real life, like asking your way to a drug dealer during a trade in Paris, by night. Authentic ! )