It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).
We teamed up with Razer to give you a contest with amazing prizes!

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG’s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
Running.
Most player characters seem to be geriatric chain smokers with severe asthma. It's particularly jarring when you are playing a special forces character or someone supposedly with good physical condition and a short sprint makes them collapse wheezing and exhausted.

Not dying of malnutrition.
In most survival games you have to eat every five minutes or you'll die of malnutrition. The metabolism of a black hole.
I for one believe the hardest thing in video games, as compared to real life, is to be normal. Like, just a regular human. With such powerful personas as Master Chief, Spiderman, The Dragonborn and the Doom Slayer, there is a wide selection of power fantasies at play. Even the relatively normal heroes that could theoretically be average Joes and Janes (see such series as Call of Duty, Minecraft and Far Cry) almost invariably have non-canonical powers that we as a player can see from our omniscient view but seems to not register as strange to those living in a supposedly nearly-identical world to our own. The most egregious example is in health systems. According to Fallout, getting shot literally dozens of times is fine if the gun is weak enough, your level high enough or your armor tough enough. In the real world, even the most powerful combat armor would struggle against the weapons sandbox of that title. When all else is stripped away, even the concept of saving and loading represents a metatextual superpower of both resurrection and recall of memories from previous lives. The only way to have a game where the highest stakes include character death be realistic is if such a game existed that only let you play once, then uninstalls itself from local storage and reverses the purchase that bought you access to the game in the first place the first time you die. An interesting concept I admit but far too prone to obvious flaws.

Thank you for your consideration, GOG.
Things that are harder to do in games than in real life?

Well; In my opinion:

- Get a non-scripted response.
- Not caring about the life of the characters you interact with.
- Not caring about your own appereance and/or about your income (resources).
- Staying away from some story arc.
- Avoiding certain responsabilities you need to do in order to progress.
- Trying to not take advantage of a new weapon / tool (before it gets nerfed or modified).
It's harder to sleep in game versus in real life. In real life, you can sleep almost anywhere anytime. In a game, you typically have to be in a bed of some sort and you usually have to own it.
In video games its harder to follow the main story. Like Witcher 3, you're tasked with finding Ciri before the Wild Hunt does... But wait, let me just take this monster bounty in this small village first. This is clearly more important and Ciri can wait.

Take Fallout 4 as another example. You wake up from stasis and need to find your kidnapped son... but wait another settlement needs your help. I guess the kidnapping of my son can wait hahaha

Of course you could say its easy to follow the main story in linear games, and you would be right... for the first playthrough. If you play that game again you'll find yourself looking for secrets and trying to find exploits in the game. You won't really ever pay attention to the story again.

In real life, what could we consider the main story? Well, whatever you do. It's easy to follow the main story of your life because whatever you actually do BECOMES the main story hahaha. There are no side quests because whatever you choose to do become THE quest. You make your own main storyline, so make sure you live it well and be happy.
It's harder to play tabletop games in videogames than it is in real life lmao.

(looking at you tabletop simulator)
Driving the speed limit and on the right side of the street #RazerxGOG
In games, it's harder to find good people to interact with. Some games are just filled with toxicity.
I will say this gaming is far easier than real life - Gaming after all saved my life and will continue to be the escape I need on my days off. When i was younger i gamed to escape abuse!! I love gaming <3 Always will.

In Games though i go back to when there wasn't a SAVE GAME feature on games XD You had to play and play until end game! :D Love Gaming! <3

Plus Gaming doesn't abuse you unlike people of real life! YOU CAN ENJOY GAMING!
Post edited May 07, 2021 by DeadlyDeathAngel
It's way harder to walk the same pace as someone you're having a conversation with lmao
GOG.com: Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG&rsquo;s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
one of the harder things to do in games is to eat in a constant fashion, in real life you have to eat to make it through the day. in most games i dont see anyone eat anything for days straight sometimes like what gives ?!?!?

eat damnit *stuffs wheels of cheese*
Its harder to do what you want :)
GOG.com: Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG&rsquo;s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

Picking up many objects is harder in video games than real life. I click on the banana and it says, inventory full or item too heavy. It's a banana, how can it be too heavy or my inventory is full. I just want to pick up the banana and eat it; how is this so hard?
It's harder to climb over a 1ft ledge or shrub in video games than it is in real life. Or scale any include past 45 degrees.
Your epic adventure can be foiled by your character's inability to raise their foot an extra inch or two.
In my opinion it is more difficult to receive bullets in real life since with only 1 bullet you can die in a game you can stay alive and nothing happens, as I would like to be able to receive bullets and that they do not hurt me :)