It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).
We teamed up with Razer to give you a contest with amazing prizes!

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG’s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
For me what is harder to do in games than in real life is when you have to keep jumping from one small ledge to the next. An example of that is a level from The Lion King (NES). So frustrating. #RazerxGOG
I find harder the limited use of my surrounding's objects, like when I see rocks, glass or junk and can't use them to distract or fight the enemies because I can't lift them or don't have the "skills" to use them.
The thing I find harder to in video games is Reading. I love reading, I love books like the "the endling" or "the hobbit". But you can't bring me to finish a passage in a video game. if I want to read I'll grab a copy of "cinder".

The Endling - Katherine Applegate
The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien
Cinder - Marissa Meyer
It's much harder for games to represent tedious tasks in a fun manner so those parts of real life are usually unrepresented..
Why can't I wash the bloody dishes and listen to some vibing music before I go slay some baddies?
Honestly, it would be real fun to wash the dishes and then immediately proceed to murder hundreds of monsters with soapy hands.
drinking tons of alcohol and not much happens
barely any games require sleeping,going to toilet
don't need to worry about item weight, how many you can carry,don't need to worry about money
experience the smell of the area
wining competitions, if it's a single player, you can save and load
casting magical spells
health potions
changing clothes when it's rip/dirty or wet
climbing over things when it's possible but can't
breaking things when it's possible but can't
crafting items that require insane amount of items when it's not needed
obeying the laws, there's barely any jail/prison ceil
easier to build a house ingame than life, harder to destroy any structure in most games than life
I find it harder to understand people speaking in games. I usually understand missed bits of speech by seeing others’ mouths move and other body language queues. But I struggle in some games.

That said, advances in technology over the past 10 years have moved many games in the right direction. Sound is mixed to be crisper, lip sync is far better, and body language is more natural. I predict in a handful of years, it won’t even be a problem anymore.
Keeping going on. Never give up. Never surrender. No matter what happens, main characters in games keep going on. After defeat, after losses, after death, they keep trying, again and again, always. As long as the player doesn't surrender, the avatar doesn't either. Such endurance and resilience would be admirable in real life, but we players make the character keep going on, and on, and on. Climbing the highest mountain with Sisifo's stone? Grinding the same area for days, weeks? Nothing is too much for our beloved characters, when most of us wouldn't reach 1% as far as they do. Well, maybe the tutorials, not much further. but the character? When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

(Quotes from a movie and a song courtesy of more creative writers than me.)
Its probably impossible to have a relationship with Lara Croft! ....and its definately harder to stay alive once youve been hit a hundred times by armour-piercing exploding bullets!
In video games it's harder to walk over a FREAKIN' BUSH!
In real life, I have never been like, "Oh no! I just died because I tried to drink a potion when I meant to dive out of the way of that sword!"
Honesty what I find harder to do in games than in real life is remain true to myself. I find it easier instead to be someone I’m not while ingame, and I really like that. I don’t typically like myself, so that means I can enjoy myself more lol
Riding and guiding a horse and doing anything else is harder and related, playing a throwing horseshoes game is much, muach harder
It is much harder to fly a plane in certain videogames than it is in real life. Trust me.
I think that is way harder to aim in videogames, in real life its a little bit easier and more intuitive.
Finding time to yourself without having a "next objective" hanging over you...!