It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).
We teamed up with Razer to give you a contest with amazing prizes!

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG’s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
To make meaningful choices that each produce their own outcome. Why do most games even give you the ability to choose only to have your decision get scripted into being the same thing no matter what?
This doesn't even cover binary choices that are lame no matter what the outcome. Looking at you Life is Strange!
*Life is Strange was still a good game despite it's shortcomings.
Post edited May 07, 2021 by cmba2
Thats easy, the answer is Hardcore Parkour
It is harder to truly express free will in games. Granted in real life, free will is also elusive but we are constrained by less opaque boundaries and rules, both of which are often times breakable if one is willing to pay the price. But in a game, the rules and boundaries are hard coded and unalterable.
What's harder in-game than it it is in real life? Learning magic, of course! You have to fight enemies, get items or do literal classes, when in real life we just have to wait 'till we're 30 lol

Other than that, talking, for sure. Who never thought "Wow, this line was waay more aggressive than I intended! And now this conversation got awquard... great..." in a videogame xD
Post edited May 07, 2021 by Nael_Gonzalez
It is definitely harder in games to prank call the local car dealership versus in real life. That and make delicious Texas-style BBQ. I tried making a nice brisket in Half-Life and all I got was a crab on my face :(
Using the toilet :D
In most games you simply can't, many doesn't even have any.
Or if so, it is hard to aim, or, y'kow, can't wash your damn hands... XD
In real life it’s definitely easier to climb a ladder than it is on games. We will have terraformed Mars and invented Dyson Spheres before a first-person shooter has ladders that your character can climb without breaking his kneecaps after suddenly jumping off midway because you were trying to change direction. Or the opposite, feeling like your character is stuck to the ladder like glue while mooks perforate you with bullets from all sides. Which button detaches you?!
Also, ladders are a lot more present in games than in real life. How often do you climb ladders in real life, really? Usually, you can just use stairs - the preferred option in my opinion.
Saving the World. It is much HARDER.
Talking to anyone WITHOUT them giving you a task
Destroy the evil or/and the villian is easier in games than in real life, unfortunately.
It's harder to create you character in the character creation scrren than use makeup/clothes/plastic surgery in real life to create a look.

Why is harder? Who don't spent hours in some character creation scrren?
Adventure out in space.
Post edited May 07, 2021 by nikrel
I think the hardest thing is trying to figure out what your player is going to look like. So many sliders and adjustments always takes me a few hours to set mine up, but in real life you are born the way you are and no changing that easily.
The Hardest thing to do in video games has to be Dying, and I mean really staying dead. Even the Hardcore games usually make it so that you have a chance to survive. Real life can kill you just because you stood in the sun 5 minutes to long.
It's harder to find the darn keys!

IRL: Check desk, dresser, any other simple places.

In game: Go through this maze, being attacked by Ninjas in every room until you find the key hidden at the end of a long corridor