It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).
We teamed up with Razer to give you a contest with amazing prizes!

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG’s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
Finding my keys for my home. There are usually no zombies or monsters between me and my keys.
Almost everytime i misplaced them, they would be hidden in plain sight.
Make lots of money. Just about every RPG has you starting out broke or nearly broke, but it doesn't take long before you've raked in enough money that you don't have to worry about it for the rest of the game.
Regretting. Real life is just full of regrets. You can regret doing things, you can regret not doing things. In games, you can always load the previous save or just restart. start a new playthrough? even simply delete your regrets. Rea life just makes it easy to regret.
Thanks for the giveaway, GOG!

1. Getting actual answers about the main plot

- In-game: "Only the chosen one who has completed [some arduous task / fighting the boss / advancing the story] can know the secrets."

- Discord: "good question, bro, the twist is your [close friend or acquaintance] is actually your [long lost relative / villain]"

2. Buying Items

- In-game: "Sorry, you don't have enough gold."

- IRL: "We'll take cash, credit, and debit. We can also do financing too if you'd like."

3. Fall Damage

- In-game: *dies after falling 6 feet on low HP*

- IRL: *lands on heels fine or rolls with arms cushioning fall*
Post edited May 04, 2021 by Canuck_Cat
1 - Running in a direction, but looking at another
2 - Walk away during an unskippable cutscene
3 - Go beyond a rubbish bin blocking your way
#RazerxGOG
Yo dawg, I heard you like gaming accessories to gain an edge at video games.

So we put virtual gaming accessories inside video games that contain other video games so you can gain an edge at video games while gaining an edge at video games.

...what do you mean, there's a logical fallacy?
In real life I can always relieve boredom by playing a video game.
In a video game I can never relieve boredom by playing real life.
Dressing up. All these game characters change attires in a jiffy while I take at least 5 mins to put on everything I need! I haven't seen a single game where they have explicitly coded the players or NPCs to change clothes like normal humans. At most, you get a cutscene but that doesn't matter when the majority of games don't even have that!
Post edited May 04, 2021 by prithvidiamond1
Doors.

I can open and shut a door very simply in real life where in games Theres always some problem, clipping, shoving me out of the way, open and shut a door while running through.
- Getting scared: when there is danger in games, you always feel a bit of relief, knowing that if your character gets hurt or dies, you can always try again, that's one of the coolest things about video games, and why it's difficult to feel genuine fear, although some immersive games come pretty close to it; compared to real life though, there are just so many reasons to be scared, and although some situations can be remedied, you only get one life, no continues!

- Feeling love: although many emotionally charged video games out there, can create fascinating situations, worlds and character concepts, that could make it feel as if your heart "skips a beat"; when you are truly immersed and "living" the story in a game, rather than just watching it, it cannot match the impossible to describe feeling in real life, when the world feels like such an amazing place to be in. That's why I still play those games, they are a sweet suggestion, an echo, of what the real thing actually is, and you can't help but feel excited to find the real thing once more.

- Hating someone: there are many hateful game characters, but at the end of the day, they are characters that you "love to hate", because if it were not for them, our game protagonists would never be able to have those satisfying triumphs over such hateful characters, so I always end up feeling a bit of gratitude towards the "hateful antagonists" in video games, because they are still playing their part in presenting a compelling game experience. In real life,sadly, people can hate others so easily, and may even be severely affected by that hate, if they do not do some soul searching or look deeper into the root cause of that hate.
1. Speaking is way easier in real life than choosing endless dialogues and not being able to actually say what you want.
2. Not being able to climb walls and forced on a linear path such as with Resident Evil Village.
3. Getting stuck on objects or in-game scenery, as with Ark: Survival Evolved and hitting an invisible wall or flying to max height.
4. Hardware Expenses for viewing all the in-game graphics, whereas a stroll down the park is FREE while admiring the view.
5. Unrealistic physics after throwing objects.
6. Aiming and shooting with a Joypad.
7. Walking in VR without controllers or physically holding an object with your hands or even trying to type, whereas using a real keyboard is a way better experience.
8. Being blinded by overly bright unnatural HDR or bloom making it harder to do even the most basic task being asked.
9. Endless cutscenes reality has none.
10. Pouring a nice cup of tea with fake in-game props that have no purpose.
11. Not being able to get out of your vehicle in racing games, not to mention how scary that would be if in life car doors didn't exist, we would be entombed.
12. Flying games that have no parachute as well as exits points like Microsoft Flight Simulator.
13. Loading screens before getting to the good stuff.
14. Having your cake and eating it.
15. True Binaural Audio.
16. Moving my facial muscles to express emotion in VR.
17. Kicking down a door that hasn't been programmed to do so or not being able to break the lock until you found the in-game item.
18. Falling through the floor into an endless abyss.
There is awlays that chest high wall that has invisible blocker over it, even if you need to go there. "I could climb this in real life!" I say. Pretty annoying.
Cooking.

Hey, real-life person! Wanna make some cheese on toast? Head to the shop, buy some bread, cheese and butter. Spread that butter on the bread, put that cheese between the bread, heat it up in your device of choice for a few minutes, et voila! Take out and enjoy.

Hey videogamer! Wanna make some cheese on toast? You'll need bread and cheese. No, there's no shop. You'll need to craft it from raw ingredients. Make the cheese from milk that you can only collect 2% of the time from Demonic Cows on level 15 of the Dungeon Of Despair. And, oh, you also need a Cooking skill of at least 40. No problem! Just make five hundred omelettes and a thousand jacket potatoes to get the necessary skills to make your cheese on toast. Once you're done, enjoy your meal! Or not, because even then, your attempt to make it will probably fail half of the time even though it should by all rights be the easiest thing to cook in the world.
Jumping
Some thing that is harder to do in games than in real life...
Off the top of my mind:

1. Understanding cooking recipees: I'm still trying to understand why I can't prepare myself a cheese sandwich in games that feature bread and cheese.

2. Talking to people: sure it's easier having to pick just a number of options, but what if I just want to have a decent casual chat.