It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).
We teamed up with Razer to give you a contest with amazing prizes!

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG’s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
Interesting question !

And my answer is - reading ! It could be a book while playing Morrowind or a journal entry while playing Baldur's Gate, or just all the dialogs while playing Neverwinter Nights or the character menu in Witcher 3 which contains so much interesting info !

This is one reason for example why I have not played yet Planescape Torment even though I have it for some time and I am a big D&D fan. I just know the game requires a lot of reading and while I enjoy great stories so much I just know from experience how exhausintg reading on my monitor is /23" /. Just for comparison reading a book in real life is much better ! You eyes will never get hurt /unless you already have a problem/ and you'd rarely get a headache ! This is why I always prefer fully voiced games esp when it is RPG / so glad they got Disco Elysium fully voiced recently ! /
In real life, it's a lot easier deciding on my look. In games, nearly impossible.
Aiming for one, each different game has a nuanced aiming system, the Red Dead Redemption and Mafia series are the worst for this, Red Dead feels like a flight simulator schematic tweaked to be an aiming system which ruins an otherwise 10 game, honestly for a G.O.T.Y. winner appalling, Mafia has all the wrong controller button map issues too as well as extremely average aiming system, two major fails for a top tier game, they both need to learn from the war shooters in this regard, Halo a shining example, I've played PS2, PS1, X360 and Original XBox games that put these games to shame.

The second one would be interacting with the world, pick stuff up, talk to people, catch a ball (Cricket), open doors etc, for 2021 this stuff has not even come close to the level it should be by now, I'm aware games are so big now they are almost never actually completed before release and we the consumers long ago became the Beta Testers, some worse than others, everybody slagged off Mass Effect Armageddon which was fine for me no worse than many others in this regard, Cyberpunk is now undergoing the same ridicule, most of these games are patched up pretty well a year or two after release and that's when I buy them, one particular peeve is when walls corners etc do not match up graphically with the underlying program and you hit the wall / corner even when you are clear of the graphical boundary, falling through glitches in the floors and walls of levels is also unacceptable at this stage, great for speed runners I suppose, I know V.R. will in some ways revolutionise gaming in this regard including driving games but you need a large dedicated room to facilitate this so commercial facilities are the obvious destination for this technology.
I find it much harder to cross or leave a room in games than in real life. In games, you have things trying to hurt you or puzzles you have to solve, whereas in real life, it's just a few seconds to take a few steps, maybe open a door. Easy peasy stuff compared to games that can take hours to do the same.
GOG.com: tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective.
It's harder to keep a job. In games You get a job, wich is "go get me 5 goat heads" or things like that, You get payed and that is it. You just can't get 9 to 5 job in games... But in real life You can get a job and do it for years and not get boared ;)
On The Sims, when your sim goes to work they just get in a car to go somewhere else for a few moments while time ticks by faster until they get home. In real life, not only do you have to take yourself to work, you must also do the work you're required, and at the end of the day bring yourself back home.

Worthy of a refund imo.
Use sense of smell.
It's harder to make people laugh in video games, even when you're playing against real people. That fourth wall of being in a game already makes your situation not funny, whereas in real life, you can periodically defuse the tension with a remark here and there.
Skill checks roll checks when performing action based on skills are harder in video games because its made in a way that requires rolls of dice the number of dice and the sides of the dice are arbitrary decided by the developers along with the numbers of points gained when leveling up to distribute towards skill points. In real life by observing the surroundings or the people you wish to interact with you have at least an idea of the situation and then formulate the proper plan for the desired outcome.
A thing that is harder in games than real life...telling off enemies. I guess the end result is still a whopped butt but at least in real life the satisfaction of an enemy seeing that waiving middle finger is there.
There are many options; walking upstairs, hopping over a low wall, reverse parking a small car. But the toughest is definitely obtaining alcohol.

In the real world, if I desire a tipple, I go to a shop, make my selection, queue, and pay. Sometimes the cashier is kind enough to require ID to prove I am over 18, which makes my day.

I do NOT have to repeatedly fly from New York to Washington DC on a private jet, a flight of roughly 80 minutes each way, not allowing for customs and security who, I imagine get awfully curious about why a New York antiques appraiser is flitting to and from the boudoir of a presidential candidate's mistress (Moebius, Empire Rising).

But TBH Mordecai has it easy compared to Brent Halligan, the protagonist of The Mystery of the Druids. In order to obtain the change for a phonebox (this is back in the pre-cellphone times), he is required to barter with a homeless guy for his meager takings. The homeless gentleman is desirous of a little something to take the edge off his drab and weary existence, begging outside a closed museum, not a renowned hotspot of passing trade as it is. Instead of visiting the nearest Tesco for 3l of Blue and White Finest Dry Liver-Killer Cider, our intrepid detective opts instead for multiple trips between London and Oxford, at roughly 3 hrs for a round trip, allowing for traffic.

When in London, he engages the local forensic ne'er-do-well in a chat (having thoroughly scoped out the wide array of medicinal grade alcohol and appropriated some fingerprint powder in what is clearly the scientist's father's urn) about his good fortune at having access to many lethally powerful spirits. After suffering near-fatal alcohol poisoning at the hands of the jolly japester forensic scientist, Halligan is able to ascertain which bottle PROBABLY won't kill his victim and doses a bottle of apple juice with it. Because cider is obviously apple juice mixed with rocket fuel.

Returning to Oxford, he doses the homeless man with a probably fatal quantity of neat alcohol before carrying off his prize of roughly 80p in small change.

In their quests for a drink, our heroes have committed crimes against the person, state, and planet, in terms of the pollution generated by their unnecessary travel, all because, in videogame land, off-licenses are a mythical beast, on a par with a tanked-up unicorn.
1-manage a city and budget properly
GOG.com: what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective.
Things that are harder in video games than IRL:

* Being an NPC. It's literally impossible in RPGs, whereas I'm about 99.999999% sure I'm just an NPC IRL. I'm definitely no protagonist, and most of the time, I don't even feel like I have any control over my life hah.
* Sleeping. Seriously, what is up with characters not needing sleep? Does meth course through their veins?
* Peeing and pooping. I guess most video game characters are perpetually dehydrated and constipated or something.
* Having tonsiloliths, lactose intolerance and coeliac disease.
* Being uncool.
* Having anxiety.
* Being a disappointment.
* Being a sadist. Not because I'm a sadist IRL (or maybe I am, who knows), but because the victims would need to be sentient to experience pain and suffering, which, afaik, video game characters aren't.
* Killing things. Surely it shouldn't take more than a single shotgun blast/Buster Sword bonk to the head to kill something? I'm pretty sure they'd eventually just bleed to death if it was IRL. And if we're being pedantic, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to kill things in video games. You know, because they're not alive in the first place.
* Being Amy Schumer. You have a 1 in about a 8 billion chance of having been born as Amy Schumer within the last century IRL, but I don't know of any games currently where you play as Amy Schumer. Hmm, I wonder how big of a market there'd be for a game where you play as Amy Schumer doing Amy Schumer things. CDPR, you heard it here first! If guys you make that game, I'll be eagerly awaiting my royalty cheque!
Post edited May 08, 2021 by nothingnesses
It’s harder to express yourself creatively in video games. Sure games like the Fallout’s and Sim’s allow you to choose your clothing, but they’re often ridiculous and hard to make look good, not to mention extremely limited. And most games have little to no character creation, which makes sense for some, but can still be frustrating. Meanwhile, if I ever find my massive wardrobe wanting I can go online or in store and add anything my heart desires (and my wallet can handle). If a piece of furniture isn’t right in real life I can change it, add a coat of paint, chop it down, make it bigger, the limitation is only my creativity. I can also accessorise my computer station how ever I want in real life, like with a wicked set of Razor gear, now you don’t see that in video games.
Not running down pedestrians whilst laughing maniacally is way harder in games than in real life.