It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).
We teamed up with Razer to give you a contest with amazing prizes!

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG’s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
What things are Harder to do in games than in real life from my perspective:

1 - Walking without bumping into things or walls.

2 - Avoiding lengthy conversations and cutscenes when you speak to every NPC.

3 - Co-opting the boss and getting the boss on your side.

4- Procrastinate. Most games are very direct and any action you do goes directly towards completing the story.

Examples

For No. 1: Games with tank controls, like Tomb Raider 1-3.
Some games even reward you for checking walls, or self-reference this (Doom 1 and 2, the Build Engine series)

For No 2: Fallout 1 to New Vegas, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect.

For No 3. Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader is my particular favorite.

You can convince the final boss to help you out by giving him some very good arguments and talking sense into him.

For No 4: The Humongous Entertainment adventure titles (Freddi Fish, Pajam Sam, Spy Fox) were amazing in how they let you waste time and they made it fun to do so.

Every room in their games had great music and several animated easter eggs you could activate and play with.
There was also at least one full minigame you could spend time playing instead.

Please see my attached photos of the games I had in mind.

Many thanks to GOG and Razer for offering the prizes and hosting this contest.
Post edited May 08, 2021 by user deleted
MUCH harder to do in games:

1. Smell that sewer level.

2. Taste the blood and gore you’ve splattered everywhere.

3. Feel the bullets shot in your backside.
Ease of decision-making without thinking of the consequences of that decision
Eat healthy and Sleeping enough
Traveling patiently is nearly impossible in comparison to real life. Whether it's traveling by foot or vehicle I need to get to my destination as quickly as possible because apparently the characters I control are actual psychos. Versus in reality I'm perfectly happy with taking my time. There's no irrational desire to drive onto the curb to get through a red light or pushing every single human being out of my way while sprinting because I need to drop something off. Everyone's tried it - Where they play a sandbox game and try to act normally. It only takes a small amount of time until your character explodes into actual insanity.
Defeat the urge to pick up every pointless object in front of me.
The hardest one is probably to jump without grunting.

Also very hard not to have a melee weapon with you at all times.

Oh, and seeing your feet when you look down.
Getting hit in the balls in games does nothing but in real life u are in pain and paralyzed. even those reading this comment will feel it.
I'd have to say that making personal connections in real life are easier because you're not constrained by the programmer's NPCs preprogrammed responses.

Within a game, you're constrained to where you can go, so being able to go around freely in real life is much easier.

It's easier to die in real life than in a game where you're at level 60 and you just brush off an cannon grenade to the head.

Starting over after a corrupt save file is harder than starting over in real life (your level of expertise in life doesn't go away unless you get Alzheimer's or Dementia.)

It's harder to enjoy the carnal pleasures in a game than in real life. (Would you rather eat a pizza or burger as a character in a game or experience the real thing?!)
I would say that a thing that is harder to do in games compared to real life is... painting.
Take this painting I did of an old man 2 or 3 years ago. I painted this and a few other paintings during a 5 day long acrylic course I took with my mom and her husband. We lived at an art school for a few days during summer, while all the normal students where home for the brake. It was more or less a vacation. No, it was a vacation.
The school provided us with food, snacks, coffee, and all the painting materials we would need. All you had to do on your own was to listen to the teachers instructions, pin your canvas to the wall, select your paint and tools, and then sit down and start painting. Even when we where supposed to take breaks was planned out for us.
It was super fun and it washed away alot of stress.

However, for this competition to prove my point I decided to recreate this painting in Minecraft. So for the last few days I have been shaving sheep, cutting down trees, making buckets to collect lava, exploring cave-systems to find said lava, smelting glass, picking flowers, harvesting bamboo, almost driving spider monsters to extinction to get small pieces of string, and lets not dwell on what I had to do to get all that sand...
Painting in Minecraft forces you to create everything on your own, and that is something not even old renaissance painters had to do. If you needed lapis lazuli pigment for that royal blue, it was expensive, but you could still buy it from select traders.
But in Minecraft you need to put on your mining gear and hope that you might find it in some dank and moldy cave. And if you're lucky you won't get pierced by a bunch of arrows on your way out. It conjurers for me an image in my head of vikings digging up red Ochre to use for old rock carvings...
Or you could skip all that and turn on creative mode, but where is the challenge in that?
Attachments:
Post edited May 08, 2021 by wiiseeyou
Another one:
Vertical head movement. It is just non-existent in games. In many shooters you can't look out the window or a crack in the wall because the head position is too high or too low, and you have to crouch/jump just to be able to take a peak.
Walking through invisible walls is much harder in games, practically impossible unless you find a glitch. In contrast, in real life I have never been stopped by an invisible wall while walking outside - it's almost like they do not exist in real life. :-)
DiffuseReflection: Walking through invisible walls is much harder in games, practically impossible unless you find a glitch. In contrast, in real life I have never been stopped by an invisible wall while walking outside - it's almost like they do not exist in real life. :-)
Hmm...
Things that are harder to do in video games than in real life...
1. Blow your nose. I can't even find tissues most of the time!
2. Eat while you're driving. I do it all the time in real life, but for some reason I can never manage it in video games!
3. Give a hug to a stranger. It's so easy in real life (just ask permission first).
4. Make real home-made Italian Spaghetti. For some reason I can only ever find the store bought Spaghetti.
5. Play the tuba.
6. Forgive a serious betrayal. People have incredible capacity to forgive in life, but in a game I MUST BE AVENGED!
7. Obey traffic laws... need I say more?
8. Resolve conflict using words.
9. Take off my left shoe, pour ketchup in it, and then place it on top of my head, balancing it as I rub my belly.
10. Fishing. Fishing is not hard in real life, but in games there like a 50% you'll just lose the fish if you do something wrong.
Jajajajaj, EZ.

Having a social, you actually socialize in real life, but on game like SIMS or RPG you hear all the time HELLO STRANGER, I HAVE QUEST FOR YOU, kind of annoying.

Drive on your actual lane in real life jajaja, hate it when I'm passing next to a school and there are a lot of bumpers. (on games)

Friking respawn after getting a full shotgun blow to the face, hate to wait on hell until my teammates decide that they will revive me, but on real life you just have this meatball sack of lumps and bones, and to get thing worse, you're UGLY but look at the bright side, you die you don't Respawn, well you can reincarnate but man if I reincarnate I know for fact that I will be handsome or at east descent, cause hell boy I'm UGLY.

Customize my character, cause honestly my mom could do a better jobs, but nah, she decide to smash the randomizer bottom of Skyrim and give me a face of to Pitbull biting a ball and then putting teeth, mouth, eyes and nose, and there I exists, THANKS MOM, for that it's harder to know how to customize my characters.

Being able to open door's even though you can see inside, like if god say nah, you should no pass. (smash the floor with a wooden stick)

See al in 4K all the time, imagine this you are playing and your graphics card have a friking cerebral embolism, and you get potato 140P graphic like da hell happened here.

And here are somethings that are harder to do in games that real life, bot honestly real life is harder.
Post edited May 09, 2021 by ZmokyBoy