It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).
We teamed up with Razer to give you a contest with amazing prizes!

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG’s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
In GAMES finding a good teammate is HARDER then making a mate IRL
Moving about is harder in games unless you have some kind of handicap or are wearing a straightjacket. Characters bump into things,waddle around or slip off edges.

Breaking obstacles. You can hit it with hammer forever and there won't even be a scratch. The same goes for idiot NPCs.

Using bathroom facilities. Mirrors don't reflect and toilets don't flush and then when you can get them to work nothing comes out. Where does it all go when your character eats something in a game but there are no toilets and nothing comes out.

P.S In the slim chance I win. The Razer peripherals can go to the next person who would have won. I only want the games.
Post edited May 11, 2021 by §pectre
Navigating through mazes:
Only in a game can two rooms look exactly the same, despite having different amounts of exits. Furthermore, going north sometimes sends you to a room far away in the northwest. In real life I would at least have a vague sense of how far and in which direction i went. Zork is a prime example of this.

Killing chickens:
According to games this crime is so heinous that it often deserves divine intervention. Some games even extend the supernatural protection to bunnies (Shadow Warrior or bovines Witcher. At least Lemmings are fair game.
It was happy 2009. I was 8. And at that age, all around you is sunshine and rainbows. At least that's the way a little fella, whose only concern was how to make summer come faster, tries to see the world. Around that time, I started to notice the things that were happening outside of my happy space. And as you age, they become harder and harder to ignore, and the only sunshine and rainbows left, are the ones that you are capable to create for yourself.
And so one of those days... I saw on the news about the Swine Flu. A pandemic. A kinda scary word for a little boy who feared saying apocalypse, and yet barely understood what pandemic means.

It's now 2020. There's no happy in that one. It's February, and I recently came back from a family trip to Rome. I sit down with my friend, and we talk about our holidays. I haven't seen him in 2 months. He asks me if I heard about the virus in China. I say yes. I tell him they talk about confinement... We laugh it off... Saying it's not the first time we hear something like that.

Fast forward to June. The Last of Us Part 2 comes out. A masterpiece for me, but filled with rage and consequences.
Yet it is harder in a videogame world to survive a pandemic, than in our own violent and hateful real one.

And you can ask yourself why, and even if it is logical to think about violence as an outcome, and in uncertain times it certainly becomes one, but at the end of the day, lonely people crave for connection, unlike in all those games...

We adapt in ways that were not even thought about before, all for the sake of feeling that warmth, when there is none. And even though we still remain the same violent animals, for as long as there are people in need, our violent instincts will become secondary, and our desire to connect will bring hard teamwork to take its place, so that we can survive. All together. A pandemic. Once a scary word, now crushed by the determination to feel love again.
Post edited May 11, 2021 by indie_
The contest is now closed! Thanks to everyone for participating. We will let you know once we have picked the winners. :)
We had a lot of fun reading all of your entries :) Once again thank you call for participating <3

The Winners are: Link6four, servobeupstry and dchankins!
Congrats to the winners!!

Thanks for the chance GOG!
Congrats you guys! :-)
Congratulations to the winners.
Congratulations to the winners!!!!
Congrats to all the winners!

And thank you GOG team and Razer team for this contest.

These are fun contests I think many in the cummunity like, so hopefully we'll see more in the future. :)

If it's not too much trouble, can the GOG team provide links to the posts of all the winners? I'd think it would be nice to highlight the winning posts so those that would like to can read them again.
Big congrats to all of the winners! This was a very interesting contest. :) Many good entries!
Post edited May 17, 2021 by Sarafan
Congratulations to the winners. I had a great time reading the funny answers you all gave! All of them were very ironic and relatable. Great job you all! :)
Congrats to the winners!!!! Enjoy your prizes, pals!!! Thanks for the contest, Razer and GOG!!!!
gog2002x: Congrats to all the winners!

And thank you GOG team and Razer team for this contest.

These are fun contests I think many in the cummunity like, so hopefully we'll see more in the future. :)

If it's not too much trouble, can the GOG team provide links to the posts of all the winners? I'd think it would be nice to highlight the winning posts so those that would like to can read them again.
I was curious myself. Here is what I found.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/bwin_prizes_from_razer_and_gogcomb_f579e/post274
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/bwin_prizes_from_razer_and_gogcomb_f579e/post73
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/bwin_prizes_from_razer_and_gogcomb_f579e/post38