It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

OldFatGuy: So I'm over at Steam looking at anything to do with the word STAR over this scrambled up word thing that's really got me going and I discover....

All the Star Wars games are on sale over there, so I got the whole collection for $33 bucks.

Am I going to regret this appropriation of funds?
Impaler26: I don't think that you're gonna regret it. ;)

KOTOR 1+2 are great and Dark Forces is also decent IIRC (played it ages ago). Haven't played most of the other SW games but if you like SW you should be good.
I've actually never played any of them before, but have been interested in trying them as my son had one on the Nintendo 64 IIRC (may be misremembering that) that he played all the time that looked pretty fun to me. I recently got me a real fancy joystick with a yaw for flight/space games, so I'm looking forward to trying that thing out on something as I still haven't taken it out of the box.

But, as I said, I might not be remembering correctly that the game he played was Star Wars, maybe it was something else entirely. Whatever it was, it sure looked fun. I know he had fun with it (for hours and hours and hours). This was in the 1990's, before he graduated and left home.
The one on N64 is Shadows of the Empire.
Okay, this dadbum scrambled up word thing has got me scribbling on three pages of paper now, pulling out one of my last four hairs, and cussing, all at the same time.

And I don't even really want the game as I have plenty, but dammit I'm usually pretty good at these and this one has me........ cussing. LOL
niniendowarrior: The one on N64 is Shadows of the Empire.
they need to make a modern pc supported port of the PC version and release it. Its actually pretty good, very basic by todays standards but fun
Impaler26: I don't think that you're gonna regret it. ;)

KOTOR 1+2 are great and Dark Forces is also decent IIRC (played it ages ago). Haven't played most of the other SW games but if you like SW you should be good.
OldFatGuy: I've actually never played any of them before, but have been interested in trying them as my son had one on the Nintendo 64 IIRC (may be misremembering that) that he played all the time that looked pretty fun to me. I recently got me a real fancy joystick with a yaw for flight/space games, so I'm looking forward to trying that thing out on something as I still haven't taken it out of the box.

But, as I said, I might not be remembering correctly that the game he played was Star Wars, maybe it was something else entirely. Whatever it was, it sure looked fun. I know he had fun with it (for hours and hours and hours). This was in the 1990's, before he graduated and left home.
Hm... sounds like it could have been Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (also available for PC):

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Rogue_Squadron]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Rogue_Squadron[/url]
Oh, I don't see that on my new list of Star War games. Oh well, I'm gonna give 'em a go anyway, I may just like them despite not trying them before.

Thank you.
Impaler26: Hm... sounds like it could have been Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (also available for PC):

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Rogue_Squadron]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Rogue_Squadron[/url]
Well sheeeiiit. That one's not part of the not so complete "complete pack" either. LOL
Post edited May 01, 2014 by OldFatGuy
OldFatGuy: So I'm over at Steam looking at anything to do with the word STAR over this scrambled up word thing that's really got me going and I discover....

All the Star Wars games are on sale over there, so I got the whole collection for $34 bucks.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Valve, nor am I in any way involved with Steam or its marketing department! :-D
I think it was Shadows of the Empire that he played because I remember the big thing in the screenshot vividly in my memory. IIRC it came rather early in the game, and so I recall seeing it about a thousand times as Josh would play it.
Attachments:
grunthos64: they need to make a modern pc supported port of the PC version and release it. Its actually pretty good, very basic by todays standards but fun
There is a PC port of shadows of the Empire. But I prefer the N64 version as the story cutscenes are completely different on PC and are actually worse! Retconned some stuff too!
OldFatGuy: I think it was Shadows of the Empire that he played because I remember the big thing in the screenshot vividly in my memory. IIRC it came rather early in the game, and so I recall seeing it about a thousand times as Josh would play it.
Those were one of the best levels of Shadows of the Empire. Loved that game.
Post edited May 01, 2014 by niniendowarrior

All the Star Wars games are on sale over there, so I got the whole collection for $34 bucks.

blakstar: DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Valve, nor am I in any way involved with Steam or its marketing department! :-D
Well you should get a commission, because I also nabbed Star Wolves II and Star Wolves III while there (also on sale, and I already have Star Wolves I here at the best company on earth)
niniendowarrior: Loved that game.
So did Josh. That was by far the most played game of his on the N64. And this despite the fact he was a big Zelda fan like myself and had Ocarina of Time. That's the game I played the most on N64, but never did get into that one as much as I got into the first and third Zelda's (and the second one until I got to the ending and it pissed me off so much I now loathe that game).
Post edited May 01, 2014 by OldFatGuy
blakstar: DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Valve, nor am I in any way involved with Steam or its marketing department! :-D
OldFatGuy: Well you should get a commission, because I also nabbed Star Wolves II and Star Wolves III while there (also on sale, and I already have Star Wolves I here at the best company on earth)
niniendowarrior: Loved that game.
OldFatGuy: So did Josh. That was by far the most played game of his on the N64. And this despite the fact he was a big Zelda fan like myself and had Ocarina of Time. That's the game I played the most on N64, but never did get into that one as much as I got into the first and third Zelda's (and the second one until I got to the ending and it pissed me off so much I now loathe that game).
exactly which Zelda game do you hate alot? My favorite of the series is Link to the Past which is actually my favorite game of all time. Least favorite is the cruddy DS games with the Wind Waker looking Link
I generally do not enjoy Zelda games. Not even Ocarina. There! I said it!
niniendowarrior: I generally do not enjoy Zelda games. Not even Ocarina. There! I said it!
good thing you are a ninja, or somebody might have slapped you for saying that!
OldFatGuy: Well you should get a commission, because I also nabbed Star Wolves II and Star Wolves III while there (also on sale, and I already have Star Wolves I here at the best company on earth)

So did Josh. That was by far the most played game of his on the N64. And this despite the fact he was a big Zelda fan like myself and had Ocarina of Time. That's the game I played the most on N64, but never did get into that one as much as I got into the first and third Zelda's (and the second one until I got to the ending and it pissed me off so much I now loathe that game).
grunthos64: exactly which Zelda game do you hate alot? My favorite of the series is Link to the Past which is actually my favorite game of all time. Least favorite is the cruddy DS games with the Wind Waker looking Link
The second one, I don't remember what it was called, maybe just Zelda 2??? It was for the regular NES like the first one.

Yeah, my favorite in the series is the third one (Link to the Past) followed by the first one. The second one was fun, despite being different, until the end when it became brutally unfair. I never beat that game despite literally hundreds of attempts, and my son suffered the exact same fate. You should hear us speak of that game when we see each other now and talk about Zelda. I may have actually took the cartridge out and shot it, although that might have been in a dream so don't quote me on that.

By the way, have you tried the free version of the first one on PC??? They claim it's an exact replica, but either they made it harder or I really suck at that game now in my old age. I've been firing it up occasionally over the past few weeks and getting my ass handed to me quickly and often. I just don't remember dying that often when playing it before.
niniendowarrior: I generally do not enjoy Zelda games. Not even Ocarina. There! I said it!
What about Link to the Past! A classic! But with your username and that avatar, looked like its from Zelda.........odd
grunthos64: exactly which Zelda game do you hate alot? My favorite of the series is Link to the Past which is actually my favorite game of all time. Least favorite is the cruddy DS games with the Wind Waker looking Link
OldFatGuy: The second one, I don't remember what it was called, maybe just Zelda 2??? It was for the regular NES like the first one.

Yeah, my favorite in the series is the third one (Link to the Past) followed by the first one. The second one was fun, despite being different, until the end when it became brutally unfair. I never beat that game despite literally hundreds of attempts, and my son suffered the exact same fate. You should hear us speak of that game when we see each other now and talk about Zelda. I may have actually took the cartridge out and shot it, although that might have been in a dream so don't quote me on that.

By the way, have you tried the free version of the first one on PC??? They claim it's an exact replica, but either they made it harder or I really suck at that game now in my old age. I've been firing it up occasionally over the past few weeks and getting my ass handed to me quickly and often. I just don't remember dying that often when playing it before.
Zelda Classic? Ya I have it, somehow its legit and Nintendo knows about it too. Also a good template for running zelda mods
Post edited May 01, 2014 by grunthos64