It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

teshra: Thats just how Steam works though and always has as far as I know. Its not anything to do with Humble Bundle or any other place where you can buy Steam keys. When you have a Steam key, the only way to know for sure if its been used is to use it. It will either tell you its a duplicate or it will activate it for you.
I suppose the 3rd option is if you already have the game, and the key has not been used. I don't know what it tells you then. Hopefully the game won't start installing and waste a key for you that way.

And I've heard legends and rumors that if you contact Steam support to ask if a key is active or used, they will tell you. But from those who recite these tales, they say it is a long and arduous journey fraught with the unknown of whether or not you shall find your answer and thus your salvation. (um, in other words, support will take forever to get back to you).
Indeed, Steam always worked this way whether one uses a key or a gift link. The only way to know is to try and register it and find it works, or if you know for sure you already own the game in question you can test it and Steam will tell you you already have that game. If you own the game already and test the code you'll get "you own the game already" and if it is used I think you get "duplicate product code".

Like anyone, I wish there was a way to test if Steam keys were still unused/valid, but thinking about it more I realize that will never happen because if Steam had a way for anyone to do that, then scam artists would simply write software that attempts to brute force every possible Steam key that could exist by trying every possible key and asking Steam if it is valid or not. It'd be questionable whether they'd be too successful with it or not but their servers would almost certainly be swamped with billions of requests per day from every scam artist to crawl out from under a rock I imagine. If I had to hazard an educated guess as to why we can't test codes, it would be this.
Post edited November 11, 2013 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow: They require you to use Steam's login service in order to associate your humble account with your Steam account in order to be able to register your games, and your Steam account must be set to "public" in order for this to work. Private profiles need to be reconfigured to be public.
er , sorry you don't need to set your steam account to public, i registered WB humble with a profil set to friends only, however i didn't tried with private.
DyNaer: er , sorry you don't need to set your steam account to public, i registered WB humble with a profil set to friends only, however i didn't tried with private.
Weird, I couldn't get it to work until I made my profile public.
Anybody want a 90% OFF 3SwitcheD coupon ends Nov 25?
DyNaer: er , sorry you don't need to set your steam account to public, i registered WB humble with a profil set to friends only, however i didn't tried with private.
skeletonbow: Weird, I couldn't get it to work until I made my profile public.
maybe because i was logged through the browser on my steam account when i redeemed the bundle (that's the only explanation i have )
Have 2 90% off coupons on steam in my inventory! Just have a look and add me if you're interested!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sanchit117/inventory/#753_3

EDIT: Yes the other ones are also there to have :D
EDIT2: I ask that you please only take the coupon if you're willing to buy the game!

Edit 3: all the 90% ones are gone! (I know they're still in my inventory though :P)

If you want anymore, I still have 50% of Garry's Mod one or something

Edit 4: it's 50% off killing floor not Garry's Mod lol
Post edited November 11, 2013 by sanchit117
sanchit117: Have 2 90% off coupons on steam in my inventory! Just have a look and add me if you're interested!

EDIT2: I ask that you please only take the coupon if you're willing to buy the game!
Might take for Krater, as it's the one with biggest probabillity of buying before it expires. ;-)
Hello peeps. How's everyone?
niniendowarrior: Hello peeps. How's everyone?
Evening.

LOL DiRT3 moving from GFWL to steamworks.
That's great. Now we won't have the option for playing offline xD
niniendowarrior: Hello peeps. How's everyone?
simon_vd: Evening.

Which is an improvement over not playing the game at all? LOL. Actually, I don't know what GFWL restrictions are in DiRT3... but I know Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will cease to operate once GFWL shuts down.
simon_vd: Evening.

niniendowarrior: Which is an improvement over not playing the game at all? LOL. Actually, I don't know what GFWL restrictions are in DiRT3... but I know Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will cease to operate once GFWL shuts down.
They could have made port to another DRM. Or even better DRM-free.
Not that I expected such a move to be honest.
Post edited November 11, 2013 by simon_vd
niniendowarrior: Which is an improvement over not playing the game at all? LOL. Actually, I don't know what GFWL restrictions are in DiRT3... but I know Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will cease to operate once GFWL shuts down.
simon_vd: They could have made port to another DRM. Or even better DRM-free.
Have you tried running the executable directly?
simon_vd: They could have made port to another DRM. Or even better DRM-free.
niniendowarrior: Have you tried running the executable directly?
Only on DiRT2.
sanchit117: Have 2 90% off coupons on steam in my inventory! Just have a look and add me if you're interested!

I might take the 2 worlds one, got some change in my steam wallet and might try the this discount system never did it before with coupons :P

nadenitza: I might take the 2 worlds one, got some change in my steam wallet and might try the this discount system never did it before with coupons :P
Sure! Unfortunately I'm on my phone now and therefore can't give it to you now, but just make a trade offer for it and I'll accept it at about 5:30 pm GMT tomorrow ;)