It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dischord: Shit, try them all, and spread the cheer if things work out.

Check PM
You just can't help yourself, can you XD
Dischord: Good to see ya!
and you mate!
Spinorial:
perhaps the smoking baby cannot - but certainly helps out others!
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Sachys
hello! :D
Sachys: BTW: I hope to be getting paid for some work later this week, and MAY be able to get in on the current GOG sale.

IF that happens, I'll be delieberating between these games:
http://www.gog.com/game/sanitarium
http://www.gog.com/game/pathologic
http://www.gog.com/game/clive_barkers_undying

Anyone got any suggestions as to which to go with (presuming things work out?).
SCAMburgers or TROLL fritters I'd think!
I'm not familiar with the first 2, but I played Undying before and it was awesome. I want to get it on GOG one of these days to play it again and solve it. Great game.
Spinorial: You just can't help yourself, can you XD
No, I guess not, but I couldn't resist being a Ninja a bit differently this time :-)
Sachys: Anyone got any suggestions as to which to go with (presuming things work out?).
Firstly, I have not played these games, nor am I a fan of horror games... But...

Based on what I know about your tastes and what you've talked to me about in reference to games (may be limited) you've enjoyed, I'd shy away from undying. Though the game has been said to have an enjoyable storyline, it has the action/shooter vibe to it. You seem to tend to want a game with more in the actual gameplay from what we've talked about, and haven't really mentioned shooters to me before. The story, however, does seem to be up your alley should you be in a shooter mood.

From watching a gameplay of Sanitarium, it seems to be a cross between adventure games and something of more like a horror version of "Little Big Adventure" from what I saw. It had a lot of elements you like, though the voice acting seemed a little cheesy (as happens in older games). I think if you enjoy older games, you'd be able to overlook the lack in modernization, it'd be fun.

Pathologic is reminiscent to me of a Vampire The Masquerade vibe to it, in it's darkness. It seems more reflective of your choices and in tune with some modern games like Fallout 3 in how your actions and choices actually affect the game. It's still got a first person view, but has some depth for it. From some reviews, though, it says that it's a survival game... meaning you need to find enough supplements or you're gonna be SOL later.

that's my 2 cents.
DeMignon: Page 1000! Congrats to all Ninjas!
I totally slept through page 1000 and missed it. :)
Dischord: No, I guess not, but I couldn't resist being a Ninja a bit differently this time :-)
Cheers, bud! Don't see you around here too often, but for the record, many thanks for your generous abandon :-)
Dischord: No, I guess not, but I couldn't resist being a Ninja a bit differently this time :-)
gift wrapped shurikens of game assassination! ;)
Spinorial: Cheers, bud! Don't see you around here too often, but for the record, many thanks for your generous abandon :-)
Haven't been coming on much, busy, but still the same great place as always, and full of equally great people!
low rated
Anyone know if the Gabriel Knight trilogy really good? or just ok, or just good? I'll probalby buy them before sale ends.

Went from zero to 100+ games this month, and now my mad money is all gone, I can still use "pay later" with paypal at least!
Well, the first one is a really good point and click in the traditional sense. The second one is one of the best FMV adventures, but if you hate those, this one will not change your mind. Third one is a strange one. They tried to use a full 3D engine and that makes it a bit awkward to play. Good story though and even better if you like the holy grail legends.

(wrong topic though ;))
high rated
Pumpkin [] Innards [] Are [] Slimy []

Code for Sanitarium

Good luck Ninjas!

Edit to remove code
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Dischord
gbaz69: Anyone know if the Gabriel Knight trilogy really good? or just ok, or just good? I'll probalby buy them before sale ends.

Went from zero to 100+ games this month, and now my mad money is all gone, I can still use "pay later" with paypal at least!
I only played Gabriel Knight 2 on a disc I borrowed many, many years ago. It was great but I got stuck. Ah phooey!
Dischord: Pumpkin [AVHZ] Innards [Z2LB] Are [JUGV] Slimy [KTVJ]

Code for Sanitarium

Good luck Ninjas!
Ninja! Thanks a lot, mate! Really! I remember playing the demo way back when, and always wanted to experience the full game :-) Thank you!