It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Polish Games Festival is going strong with great deals on titles coming from Polish developers, but that’s not all we have in store for you (pun intended).
We teamed up with Razer to give you a contest with amazing prizes!

The rules are simple: comment on the forum or under our Twitter contest post and tell us what things are HARDER to do in games than in real life from your perspective. We'll reward 3 forum and 3 Twitter entries that we find most creative.

What are the prizes? You can win one of six prize packs of Razer peripherals (BlackWidow keyboard, DeathAdder mouse and Kraken headphones), and a bundle of 20 games available on GOG.COM, such as Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, Spiritfarer, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete and more!

Submit your entries before May 11th, 3pm UTC. Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.

Don’t forget that, during Polish Games Festival (from May 3rd to May 10th, till 1 PM UTC), if you buy any game at GOG.COM and sign up to GOG’s newsletter, you will receive a special 15% off on peripherals in the Razer Store*.

* The 15% discount codes for Razer Peripherals will be valid from May 10th till June 10th, 2021. The discount does not apply to digital goods (Razer Gold Pins, Razer Gift Card), Razer Customs, Gears & Apparel, Razer Systems. Codes are eligible for selected countries and territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. The discount codes will be sent via email connected to your GOG account, within a few days after the event ends. One account is eligible for one discount code.
truhlik: Definitely the right combination to get proper tool to progress in many point-and-click adventures.

E.G. you need (electro)-magnet. In real world you can easily buy it in local store. In game you should put dog into plug. Seriously? Dog into plug?
so true , you can only use the knife/crowbar once and then it disappears, or you cant just take out the key from a jug you need tools for that in those games
Terrain deformation.
God, in his infinite wisdom, didn't put a limit on our ability to destroy environment in real life.
Well, it is definitely harder in a game to fall asleep, because most of the games not even give you that option :-P
Winning competitions.
1. Getting rid of unwanted people.
2. Smelling things.
3. Living a normal life.
Having conversations with someone a year from now and knowing they're gonna say something different. In games, you talk to someone, and a year from now, they're just gonna say the same thing, no matter how many times you talk to them.
1. In games like Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, you can switch between the real world and the spectral plane. The thing is though, it's so much more complicated to do in the game than real life! First you have to click enter, then you have to choose the spell, AND on top of that your soul meter needs to be full in order for you to get from the spectral plane to the physical one. I've been hopping between dimensions since I was 4, and it really is easy once you know how to do it. So inaccurate…

2. Moving any part of your body in one of those hand simulator games.

3. Only in the world of video games can you get shot or stabbed in the face then just walk or sleep it off.

4. I've defeated Diablo in real life a few times, and it is much easier than the games make it up to be. Really he's a cool dude, but people have certain misconceptions with him being a Prime Evil and all that.

5. Storing items. In real life items don't despawn after sitting on the ground for five minutes. Unless... Maybe that's where my keys keep going...
Post edited May 04, 2021 by BeetleIII
All those "bring me a shrubbery" quests. Ba Dum Tiss :P.
Winning cases in court; Phoenix Wright makes it look so easy.
I think following the damn train is much harder in the game than in real life.
Attachments:
In real life, mice are agile rodents who run around of their own free will and manage their entire life without my help. In games, my mouse doesn't move a millimetre without my having to constantly drag it around.
If most modern games have taught me anything, it's that it is way harder to die in a game than in real life.
Feeling an impact when hitting a wall or an enemy, the heaviness of objects, swimming, driving a car safely, not giving in to the temptation to simply run over someone with your car on a crosswalk or sidewalk, getting hurt - in some games you can jump of a mountain and land safely without so much as a scratch, dying of starvation or thirst, breaking an appliance, electrocuting yourself in situations you otherwise would.
Matewis: Climbing down a ladder.
That was my first idea too. :-)

Also, at least in some games, picking something up. IRL you just do it. In many games you have to stand in the exactly right spot. "Dancing around the item" I call it.

Of course in other games it's hard to not pick something up, because you get stuff by simply walking over it.

And finally: In games like Oblivion or Skyrim: Neatly put things like dishes, cutlery, book on tables or into shelves...
inventory space and what to bring with you