It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lugum: i know that ejikji, and it is recommended but that is just hiding an issue not fixing it.
beside to anyone else not using it, buried downrepped posts still remain. there is a bug that is being abused, that gog needs to fix atleast. 30 in 4 days, and again i dont care about any rep just the system the way it is.
It does not looks like you don't care. If you don't care - just don't look at the counter, my script can help with this.

lugum: also it's just for firefox only.
Of course not. It's just more convenient in firefox, but you can use it in chrome or opera, and I even heart there is a way of using userscripts for internet explorer, but not sure about it.
grunthos64: I actually had the same exact idea the other day but come on....it will get low repped to oblivion, shot up into the skyrim, and blown away by the morrowind
truhlik77: Or GOG could selling pack of 100 reps for $9.99. Without regional pricing :)
We could all vote on and get others to vote too on getting rid of rep on the community wishlist
grunthos64: I actually had the same exact idea the other day but come on....it will get low repped to oblivion, shot up into the skyrim, and blown away by the morrowind
truhlik77: Or GOG could selling pack of 100 reps for $9.99. Without regional pricing :)
If you are going to sell rep, I think it has to be regionally priced!
RWarehall: If you are going to sell rep, I think it has to be regionally priced!
Maybe it also should have some kind of DRM?
It is a real shame to see generous folks like Dischord get down repped who I believe to be one of the best of what this community has to offer. There is major trolling going on in the ninja thread where a lot of users are getting low rated posts regardless of content. I have uprepped every low rated post I found to counteract this but it again proves that the system is flawed. It is more specifically in this thread which makes me think that a particular group has a problem with this thread and are expressing themselves with immature -ve trigger happy trolling.
Post edited March 30, 2014 by stg83
low rated
lugum: i know that ejikji, and it is recommended but that is just hiding an issue not fixing it.
beside to anyone else not using it, buried downrepped posts still remain. there is a bug that is being abused, that gog needs to fix atleast. 30 in 4 days, and again i dont care about any rep just the system the way it is.
ejiki: It does not looks like you don't care. If you don't care - just don't look at the counter, my script can help with this.

lugum: also it's just for firefox only.
ejiki: Of course not. It's just more convenient in firefox, but you can use it in chrome or opera, and I even heart there is a way of using userscripts for internet explorer, but not sure about it.
Don't put words or thoughts in my mouth, I care about an overall good forum environment, people might have left because of this nonsense, people like xyem, who in the end was trying to see the behaviour and keeping a score of people's rep. This nonsense is creating a bad vibe and causing irritation to alot. I care about a failing system that is being abused. There is a certain person here who doesn't mind seeing certain people go and clearly stated that publically here several times, its a combination that fits together.

Well some people do still use Internet Explorer, me being one of them and i don't want to bother finding out if and what may or may not be possible, simply because i dont care enough about it for the reasons above, beside that it is just hiding things it is not up to you or me to hide it, it is GOG that need to do something about it. A bad forum environment is not good for them either, and that is what it is becoming for a long time now.
Post edited March 30, 2014 by lugum
lugum: Don't put words or thoughts in my mouth, I care about an overall good forum environment, people might have left because of this nonsense, people like xyem, who in the end was trying to see the behaviour and keeping a score of people's rep. This nonsense is creating a bad vibe and causing irritation to alot. I care about a failing system that is being abused.

Well some people do still use Internet Explorer, me being one of them and i don't want to bother finding out if and what may or may not be possible, simply because i dont care enough about it for the reasons above, beside that it is just hiding things it is not up to you or me to hide it, it is GOG that need to do something about it. A bad forum environment is not good for them either.
Sorry if I offended you, that's not by intent.
But you see, I'm not sure if I want to see here people, who bothered about just numbers under their avatar. If someone doing good thing just because he wants rep - I don't like it. I want to believe that people are nice because they are nice, not because they want reputation or any other prize. I don't like hypocrisy.
low rated
I think we've all see it. I don't generally comment on this topic, but since we are having an intelligent discussion about it...
People getting downrepped for giving things away is silly but we've see it. I'm pretty sure I've taken a hit for posts in the Take One Give One thread. Post a giveaway in the Steam Gift Club thread, chance for downrep. Win a game in a giveaway, downrep. Worse are the people on a vendetta where they target specific people on purpose.

Generally speaking someone takes one game, I don't think that should be downrepped at all. I can see the argument when people are stalking a forum and taking multiple games in a short span. I recall one time seeing someone post after winning a game how they were thankful for winning and how they would be busy playing the game all day only to grab games for the next 4 hours off this thread. Heck, I decided to downrep for that.

Most of us pick and choose. Maybe the real solution is to convince more people to uprep more often to counter some of this.
low rated
lugum: Don't put words or thoughts in my mouth, I care about an overall good forum environment, people might have left because of this nonsense, people like xyem, who in the end was trying to see the behaviour and keeping a score of people's rep. This nonsense is creating a bad vibe and causing irritation to alot. I care about a failing system that is being abused.

Well some people do still use Internet Explorer, me being one of them and i don't want to bother finding out if and what may or may not be possible, simply because i dont care enough about it for the reasons above, beside that it is just hiding things it is not up to you or me to hide it, it is GOG that need to do something about it. A bad forum environment is not good for them either.
ejiki: Sorry if I offended you, that's not by intent.
But you see, I'm not sure if I want to see here people, who bothered about just numbers under their avatar. If someone doing good thing just because he wants rep - I don't like it. I want to believe that people are nice because they are nice, not because they want reputation or any other prize. I don't like hypocrisy.
No offense taken, and some do get helped with your script.

Yeah but the issue has gone beyond rep for gifting or even taking something, it clearly just has become personal and trolling when even normal posts or even gifters like dischord become a target too or even thespian lately, that with the bug in mind.
It is not what that button is supposed to be for, either way.
If anyone gifts and just get hit back extra hard, it's all an invalid and nonsense reason again that some people just do it for the rep.

I don't know if you seen it or not but a few weeks ago there were 2 or 3 topics in which every single post got attacked too regardless of what was said or by who.

It's just too many people affected, alot who haven't even done something.
truhlik77: Below every post show nick of users, who downrepped.
lugum: You mean a future suggestion/idea..
Yeah but we are talking about things going on right now, people who are bothered by it should send in their ticket else GOG wouldn't be bothered with it either, it is getting out of hand.
I made a ticket with that suggestion back in the days when that thing with rep started... let's say that discussion I had with some person from support was so unpleasant that I left gog for some time... I think they don't rly care about that.
Yeah but we are talking about things going on right now, people who are bothered by it should send in their ticket else GOG wouldn't be bothered with it either, it is getting out of hand.
Trid: I made a ticket with that suggestion back in the days when that thing with rep started... let's say that discussion I had with some person from support was so unpleasant that I left gog for some time... I think they don't rly care about that.
If they don't really care about it then they won't really mind getting rid of it.
Trid: I made a ticket with that suggestion back in the days when that thing with rep started... let's say that discussion I had with some person from support was so unpleasant that I left gog for some time... I think they don't rly care about that.
Probably you are right they proven not to care for a long time, and still might not but if too many people will send in a support ticket now while there is alot of abuse (which i assume wasn't there when it started) they cant just as a business, ignore it anymore. this is in the end also bad for business when it drives people away. If we send in a ticket atleast we tried, right?

Maybe that person isn't even working there anymore, beside no need for a discussion, it's about numbers on how many complaints they will get.
I just went back through the past few days and Stevie Wonder could see something is up. I actually feel a little vindicated for all the "bullshit conspiracy posts" I've gotten raped for making over the past year. Shit I've lost 3 points in the past 10 minutes just now and I haven't posted one picture of a live mouse fucking a dead mouse.

Make it four points.
Oh and...
Attachments:
mouse.jpg (44 Kb)
Post edited March 30, 2014 by tinyE
And there is the downrep, i wondered where it was. Let me make another post.

Also here people.http://www.gog.com/forum/general/trojan_horse_in_gog_game_file/page1
high rated
Guns of Icarus Online: Collectors Edition+Costume Pack+Soundtrack for the first reply.

I wonder if I have finally been noticed by the downrepper, first time I really post on the subject and I immediately go down slightly lol