It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Randalator: And by "people" you mean "bots and script-wankers"...?
hellmonster67: You are probably right.. the only solution.. I just logged onto GoG when those were listed , had steam up too and thought I actually could get one this time.. But nope. People must be scriptin this thread.

Just a thought but a way around that is for the Giver to ask who wants it then PM the codes. That's what I will be doing shortly later today when I have a few to give out.
Copy+paste and hit enter into already open activation screen mean 5~7 seconds (Steam like to lag window in some cases when doing this. Opening activation window through license stuff straight to paste stuff is like 10~15. Launching whole Steam and redeem screen is like 30 seconds. If title is popular and people from different timezones having different moment when page was loaded in browser code for popular game can be already used in first 3 seconds.

By obvious reason, Desura codes have fastest activation as you don't even need use client to do that, just
http://www.desura.com/collection
Post edited January 31, 2014 by HenitoKisou
high rated
Redeemed.
Post edited January 31, 2014 by DampSquib
hellmonster67: Just a thought but a way around that is for the Giver to ask who wants it then PM the codes. That's what I will be doing shortly later today when I have a few to give out.
Yeah, I wouldn't do plain key drops because they'll just end up in the steam account of an ungrateful little shit who hoards games he'll never play just because he can.

By hiding them behind a riddle or even a simple "first to reply gets X" you can make sure the recipient is someone who actually wants and deserves the game...
DampSquib: ~~Star Wolves, Heroes of Annihilated Empires,Perimeter,American Conquest+Fight back,Soldiers Heroes of ww2,
S2 Silent Storm Gold ed,King's Bounty:The Legend~~

TEMT
VV35
A5SY
MKMQ
Thanks, took this :)
hellmonster67: You are probably right.. the only solution.. I just logged onto GoG when those were listed , had steam up too and thought I actually could get one this time.. But nope. People must be scriptin this thread.

Just a thought but a way around that is for the Giver to ask who wants it then PM the codes. That's what I will be doing shortly later today when I have a few to give out.
HenitoKisou: Copy+paste and hit enter into already open activation screen mean 5~7 seconds (Steam like to lag window in some cases when doing this. Opening activation window through license stuff straight to paste stuff is like 10~15. Launching whole Steam and redeem screen is like 30 seconds. If title is popular and people from different timezones having different moment when page was loaded in browser code for popular game can be already used in first 3 seconds.

By obvious reason, Desura codes have fastest activation as you don't even need use client to do that, just
Umm ok.. but then who got them, lately people never reply when claimed.. what does that tell you.
HenitoKisou: Copy+paste and hit enter into already open activation screen mean 5~7 seconds (Steam like to lag window in some cases when doing this. Opening activation window through license stuff straight to paste stuff is like 10~15. Launching whole Steam and redeem screen is like 30 seconds. If title is popular and people from different timezones having different moment when page was loaded in browser code for popular game can be already used in first 3 seconds.

Not sure what point you are making, everyone knows all this but through experience have seen somewhat suspicious activity at times. It is possible every person who thinks this, and has seen something like this, is wrong (and they are aware they could be they don't need to be told) - but this is not a reason to not take precautions just in case or to give suggestions to others for precautions they can take.
By the way, Death Rally for Steam for the first person to reply.
Randalator: By the way, Death Rally for Steam for the first person to reply.
May I?
That's why first reply or PM stuff is for. These random public drops are often from bundles so they are less important if someone gets them or want stay anonymous ninja but of course that leaves kind of bad taste. I agree, some people use scripts. Gift codes and Desura keys shows who redeemed them.
Randalator: By the way, Death Rally for Steam for the first person to reply.
HWsGC: May I?
No, you're too weird. (check PM)
high rated
The Whispered World on Steam waiting for someone.
mabrookes: The Whispered World on Steam waiting for someone.
May i?
truhlik77: May i?
Sent :)
HWsGC: May I?
Randalator: No, you're too weird. (check PM)
OK, that's a disease I can live with. :)
Thanks and +1.
truhlik77: May i?
mabrookes: Sent :)
Got it :). Thanks again.