It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nadenitza:
Darilon: Could it b e due to a new extension? Every issue I have had with Chrome boiled down to a random unknown extension.
Removed em all just to test this - still does it. I think michaelnity have a point, might be some flash corruption. Sticking with mozilla for now... :P

Spinorial: No idea, I'm sorry to say. My Chrome is up to date and I just tried what you said. Also, having about 20+ open tabs already, and a fairly weak machine... no pause :(

Do you, by any chance, have an idea why some Flash videos don't stretch to fill my screen when I set them to fullscreen?
Might be a problem with flash too, sometimes when i try to double-click-to-fullscreen a ninja popup window shows behind my main browser playing the vid in fullscreen... am like wtf... : D
Post edited November 08, 2013 by nadenitza
nadenitza: Might be a problem with flash too, sometimes when i try to double-click-to-fullscreen a ninja popup window shows behind my main browser playing the vid in fullscreen... am like wtf... : D
Strictly speaking, I believe flash player works in its own process (at least in full screen). It's easy to see, when you have two monitors and maximise it on one, while seeing the taskbar on the second. Sometimes it glitches out and can end up minimised or such. Flash sux.
Spinorial: Curious. I can imagine various reasons why people might downrep someone in there, but I can't place you into any of them :\ I wonder if there actually is a script doing it...

Guess it's a good thing I never bothered with them, in the first place. Though I might consider an exception one of these days, just to see how the spirit of mass derepping treats me o.O

I hope some of the PMs you get actually ask you for time to investigate a game before claiming it. Might be too much to hope for, though...
QC: Ninja thread kinds discourages that when milliseconds can determine your successes.
When I last attempted to grab a game I wasn't sure I would like I quickly posted or PM'd (can't really remember - it was too long ago) to be first, then I went back and edited my post or PM'd again to say I would check the game before redeeming. After watching a gameplay video I realized I wouldn't enjoy it and asked the gifter to pass it to the next giftee.
Post edited November 08, 2013 by joppo
Out of interest, how many of you have played "choose your own adventure" books (such as the fighting fantasy ones of yore - or similar modern takes) and enjoyed them?
- bit of research for a little something!
Sachys: Out of interest, how many of you have played "choose your own adventure" books (such as the fighting fantasy ones of yore - or similar modern takes) and enjoyed them?
I have played some before it really depends on your tastes some were good and others that were rated good I personally didn't find that good
Elvin37: I have played some before it really depends on your tastes some were good and others that were rated good I personally didn't find that good
Well, i mean more broadly - did you enjoy the format?
Sachys: Out of interest, how many of you have played "choose your own adventure" books (such as the fighting fantasy ones of yore - or similar modern takes) and enjoyed them?
I think it depend on the story setting, I have create my own story like that before and been involve with some kind of novel create like that in the forum. I really enjoy this kind of stuff. But take sometime to figure it out just follow the instinct story will work better than thinking too many stuff at the same time.

BTW what kind of research are you doing?
Elvin37: I have played some before it really depends on your tastes some were good and others that were rated good I personally didn't find that good
Sachys: Well, i mean more broadly - did you enjoy the format?
For the most part I did its not bad at all reading the story told in second person and assuming the roles yourself and the given a few choices every 10 or so pages
michaelnity: BTW what kind of research are you doing?
cheers. i cant go into the details of the project save for the fact its not commercial and i stand to gain nothing but an amount of satsfaction from it should it work out.
Elvin37:
cheers bud!
Post edited November 08, 2013 by Sachys
I love them. Most of the ones I own are Fighting Fantasy books but I always pick up any others I see that are being sold. Our main Bookshop doesn't sell them but someone keeps donating them to the charity bookshop in town.
Darilon:
best way to pick up the classics i think! (thats how i did it in the 80s and 90s!). cheers!
michaelnity: BTW what kind of research are you doing?
Sachys: cheers. i cant go into the details of the project save for the fact its not commercial and i stand to gain nothing but an amount of satsfaction from it should it work out.
Good luck !
michaelnity:
thanks! ill no doubt need it! heheh!
*rolls d13
You mean, like Cave of Time stuff?
i played a couple, there was a little local fad some 15 or so years back. Enjoyed them at the time, but haven't missed them since.