It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: Your Pirate's Cove key is still available, I just checked.
nadenitza: Lol wait, how can you check if a steam key is still available? That's weird... :P

You either activate it or it's a dupe, there's no middle ground :)
Unless they've now got a copy in their library and didn't before! :-P
nadenitza: Lol wait, how can you check if a steam key is still available? That's weird... :P

I already own the game and was told that I can't redeem because the product is already in my inventory. I usually get a duplicate product error when a code has already been redeemed.

skeletonbow: I already own the game and was told that I can't redeem because the product is already in my inventory. I usually get a duplicate product error when a code has already been redeemed.
Interesting, never tried activating a dupe with a inventory gift :P

Generally when you try a code on a game you already own it prompts you to install it and gives you a note you already got the game but IF you don't know the code you tried is duped or not it won't tell... steam trolling at it's finest!

skeletonbow: I already own the game and was told that I can't redeem because the product is already in my inventory. I usually get a duplicate product error when a code has already been redeemed.
this is generally true. having just checked, its now a dupe!
It would be nice if Steam allowed people holding codes to actually have a way to test if they are valid or not. I imagine they probably don't do that because some people would likely scour the Internet for codes and try to sell them for profit or some other type of scheme. It kind of sucks though. I like the fact you can test a code on GOG and have to OK it before it is added to your account, and you can do it whether or not you already own the game on GOG.

I guess by not letting people test codes on Steam, they encourage the keys to get registered sooner rather than be held on to and passed around, forcing more people to potentially buy the games and less codes to be floating around. Just a guess, but it's a suboptimal user experience IMHO.

Also, most of the time when someone posts a code and does not indicate what it is for, I just pass on it so I don't end up registering a game I would never play and end up robbing someone who might enjoy it of the opportunity. I wish people would always post what their codes are for to avoid codes being wasted in this manner, although it doesn't happen that often I guess.
Oh well -- at least I know that the code is definitely gone!

EDIT: Removed my silly (and jokey) suggestion in case some silly person thought I was serious!
Post edited October 29, 2013 by blakstar
skeletonbow: It would be nice if Steam allowed people holding codes to actually have a way to test if they are valid or not. I imagine they probably don't do that because some people would likely scour the Internet for codes and try to sell them for profit or some other type of scheme. It kind of sucks though. I like the fact you can test a code on GOG and have to OK it before it is added to your account, and you can do it whether or not you already own the game on GOG.

I guess by not letting people test codes on Steam, they encourage the keys to get registered sooner rather than be held on to and passed around, forcing more people to potentially buy the games and less codes to be floating around. Just a guess, but it's a suboptimal user experience IMHO.

Also, most of the time when someone posts a code and does not indicate what it is for, I just pass on it so I don't end up registering a game I would never play and end up robbing someone who might enjoy it of the opportunity. I wish people would always post what their codes are for to avoid codes being wasted in this manner, although it doesn't happen that often I guess.
Agreed. It would be great to have an intermediate confirmation step showing what a code is before someone claims it.
blakstar: Oh well -- at least I know that the code is definitely gone!

EDIT: Removed my silly (and jokey) suggestion in case some silly person thought I was serious!
did it involve a sausage, gravy and mashing some spuds by any chance?
blakstar: Oh well -- at least I know that the code is definitely gone!

Sachys: did it involve a sausage, gravy and mashing some spuds by any chance?
No -- thank goodness! :-)
high rated
Who is interested in fun platformers?

I played a game on Desura called "Super Panda Adventures" and it's a blast. I got an extra copy to share with someone.

rule:
1) you must want to actually play it, and intend to play it.
2) You must have a Desura account.
3) You must say "Thank you sir, may I have a first one?"
4) Rep must be over 100, as I'm trying to give back to the people who've been contributing to the site, and blessed me with games and online company. :)

:)
Braussie: Who is interested in fun platformers?

I played a game on Desura called "Super Panda Adventures" and it's a blast. I got an extra copy to share with someone.

rule:
4) Rep must be over 100, as I'm trying to give back to the people who've been contributing to the site, and blessed me with games and online company. :)

Goodness gracious Braussie. +1 for your generosity and thank you for giving back. I don't quite fancy it so I'm passing on it. :)
Braussie: Who is interested in fun platformers?

rule:

niniendowarrior: Goodness gracious Braussie. +1 for your generosity and thank you for giving back. I don't quite fancy it so I'm passing on it. :)
Maybe if they release a "Super Chicken Adventures" am I right? :)
niniendowarrior: Goodness gracious Braussie. +1 for your generosity and thank you for giving back. I don't quite fancy it so I'm passing on it. :)
Crsldmc: Maybe if they release a "Super Chicken Adventures" am I right? :)
I've already got a lot of chicken adventures as it is. :D
Crsldmc: Maybe if they release a "Super Chicken Adventures" am I right? :)
niniendowarrior: I've already got a lot of chicken adventures as it is. :D
And some "hardboiled" ones aswell!! :D

Love that game it's so cool!

Anyway, good night peeps!
Post edited October 30, 2013 by Crsldmc
niniendowarrior: I've already got a lot of chicken adventures as it is. :D
Crsldmc: And some "hardboiled" ones aswell!! :D

Love that game it's so cool!

Anyway, good night peeps!
g'nite buddy :)