It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nadenitza: First reply - Tiamat X for desura! (the devs send me an extra key :P)
Nice! If I hadn't received it from triock earlier, I'd be all over this one. :) +1
Spinorial: Seems to me, the fringe mathematicians have more practically-applicable results, with the theory being mostly coined by the mainstays. Also, funny to hear Poincare referred to as "fringe" ;)
IAmSinistar: Aye, that's more on me than Henri. :) His work is definitely canon, it's just that some of the fields he touches on (non-Euclidean geometry, manifolds, chaos mathematics) are dear to the fringe. A brilliant pillar of mathematics wherever one regards him from, however.
Funnily enough, at this point, Euclidean geometry is far more of a "fringe" subject than the non-Euclidean stuff - hardly anything left to study there, much like classical point-set topology; one of the ironies of what people at various tiers of involvement with mathematics would consider fringe. Chaos, non-Euclidean, categories - these are very hot topics, largely on the fringes of the known, and therefore it's hard to find a mathematician who doesn't work on one of them :P
Final Exam Early Acces Key (Steam):
http://finalexam-thegame.com/?rub=early_access

"This key lets you play the first chapter of Final Exam, in solo and coop (up to 4 players)."
Post edited October 25, 2013 by bela555
bela555: Final Exam Early Acces Key (Steam):

"This key lets you play the first chapter of Final Exam, in solo and coop (up to 4 players)."
is it a permanent game or is it taken away after release like a beta?
nadenitza: First reply - Tiamat X for desura! (the devs send me an extra key :P)
Still got the key?

If you have, I'd like it, if you don't mind :-)
Post edited October 25, 2013 by blakstar
blakstar: Still got the key?
yep, check pm ;)
blakstar: Still got the key?
nadenitza: yep, check pm ;)
Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.
I've got some stray in-game bucks/stuff for a couple of games still floating around on my GA list - Just PM me if you'd like one or both of them...

Iron Grip:Marauders $10

and

Bighead BASH: In-game content pack

Ki11s0n3: is it a permanent game or is it taken away after release like a beta?
Is like a Demo, i think.

If anyone can't generate a key, lemme know...
Spinorial: Funnily enough, at this point, Euclidean geometry is far more of a "fringe" subject than the non-Euclidean stuff - hardly anything left to study there, much like classical point-set topology; one of the ironies of what people at various tiers of involvement with mathematics would consider fringe. Chaos, non-Euclidean, categories - these are very hot topics, largely on the fringes of the known, and therefore it's hard to find a mathematician who doesn't work on one of them :P
So true. I started out as a classicist - set theory, finite mathematics, Euclidean topology. But Poincare sectional attractors and Riemann manifolds became the gateway to the fringes for me. That does seem to be where most of the exciting work is happening, and those fields have indeed yielded many practical results.

I also enjoy game theory, provided I can indulge in the thought experiment side without too much of the statistical show-your-work side. I consider statistics to be a part of mathematics in the same way Christians consider Satan to be a part of Christianity. ;)
IAmSinistar: So true. I started out as a classicist - set theory, finite mathematics, Euclidean topology. But Poincare sectional attractors and Riemann manifolds became the gateway to the fringes for me. That does seem to be where most of the exciting work is happening, and those fields have indeed yielded many practical results.

I also enjoy game theory, provided I can indulge in the thought experiment side without too much of the statistical show-your-work side. I consider statistics to be a part of mathematics in the same way Christians consider Satan to be a part of Christianity. ;)
You've probably made some poor statistician feel really bad :( Especially, since he probably did so, already :P
Also, practical results are for politicians and grant applications XD
Spinorial: Also, practical results are for politicians and grant applications XD
That would make an awesome nerd tattoo. :D
Spinorial: Also, practical results are for politicians and grant applications XD
IAmSinistar: That would make an awesome nerd tattoo. :D
This.
Hi again,
whats up the last hours?