It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mondo84: Side question - has anyone had problems with PM notifications (or notifications in general) not working before? For example, someone sends you PMs, but you don't know about them or get a notification?
I have not had problems, but there is a settings page where you could untick the boxes that a) allow pms and b) notify you that you got a pm.
mondo84: Side question - has anyone had problems with PM notifications (or notifications in general) not working before? For example, someone sends you PMs, but you don't know about them or get a notification?
misteryo: I have not had problems, but there is a settings page where you could untick the boxes that a) allow pms and b) notify you that you got a pm.
Sometimes, when the site gets busy, PMs can go astray -- I've had it happen when sending, and also not received one or two people's PMs.
mondo84:
YARP!
blakstar:
NARP!
- just finally getting rid of him! Heheheh!
misteryo: I have not had problems, but there is a settings page where you could untick the boxes that a) allow pms and b) notify you that you got a pm.
blakstar: Sometimes, when the site gets busy, PMs can go astray -- I've had it happen when sending, and also not received one or two people's PMs.
Good to know.
blakstar: Sometimes, when the site gets busy, PMs can go astray -- I've had it happen when sending, and also not received one or two people's PMs.
misteryo: Good to know.
I don't get reply notifications most of the time - unless I search manually, but as the "show more" button on the community page isn't there half the time...

...and yes - tried with three different browsers on my laptop and two on mobile. Same shit.

GOGBEARS ARE PUNISHING ME FOR STOONERS CRIMES AGAINST NORMALITY!
mondo84:
Sachys: YARP!
blakstar:
Sachys: NARP!
- just finally getting rid of him! Heheheh!
hmm... something is telling me you just wanna play with my hose...
NARP! NARP! NARP!
Sachys: NARP! NARP! NARP!
Why do I get "Don Giovani" popping into my head when I read that?

"Don Giovaaaaaaaaaaani! NARP!" :-D
blakstar: In short, yes.
Good to know. It's happened to me before as well but I just disregarded the issue.

Apparently someone thought I was ignoring them...
mondo84: Good to know. It's happened to me before as well but I just disregarded the issue.

Don't get upset about it though, if someone starts doing that just ignore start ignoring them. :) hehe
mondo84: Good to know. It's happened to me before as well but I just disregarded the issue.

skeletonbow: Don't get upset about it though, if someone starts doing that just ignore start ignoring them. :) hehe
I don't like to ignore people or hold grudges, though. :)

I'm just a bit baffled right now - I honestly didn't see a good ~7 PMs someone sent. The system didn't bump that contact up to the top of the messages list. I just saw these PMs now, and I have no idea how to respond to them given what they contain.

That's why I sometimes send a "back-up" PM if I haven't heard from someone -- just to ensure they got my message! :-)
skeletonbow: Don't get upset about it though, if someone starts doing that just ignore start ignoring them. :) hehe
mondo84: I don't like to ignore people or hold grudges, though. :)

I'm just a bit baffled right now - I honestly didn't see a good ~7 PMs someone sent. The system didn't bump that contact up to the top of the messages list. I just saw these PMs now, and I have no idea how to respond to them given what they contain.
7? Good grief! I've never had it that bad before!

One other thing I've noticed -- sometimes I check my messages just to see if anyone's sent me anything, because I haven't always had a notification marker appear.
Post edited December 21, 2013 by blakstar
blakstar: That's why I sometimes send a "back-up" PM if I haven't heard from someone -- just to ensure they got my message! :-)

7? Good grief! I've never had it that bad before!

One other thing I've noticed -- sometimes I check my messages just to see if anyone's sent me anything, because I haven't always had a notification marker appear.
Yea, before I've had late or no notifications for single messages. This contact got buried a few spots below the top, and it's possible I was cycling through and didn't see them, or just didn't get the notifications because each new PM they sent didn't bump them to the top.
When sending PM's, keep the window open and open the messages in another tab. If the message you've just sent is there, it has sent!
Sachys: When sending PM's, keep the window open and open the messages in another tab. If the message you've just sent is there, it has sent!
but sometimes it also vanishes, even after that...