It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

edit: nm
Post edited December 10, 2013 by Giltonnam
blakstar: Is it similar to the way you Americans can't seem to generate an extra "u" in words like "colour"? :-D
Actually, I favour the British spellings. Particularly the -ise ending over -ize (realise vs realize). I blame the reading choices of my youth for influencing me this way.

blakstar: Seriously, though, "facade" and "naive" aren't really unfamiliarity with extended characters, so much as modern English spelling, and we don't have the cedilla or "ß" in use anyway -- not that the second character really matters, since straße is not used in English anyway!
This is still Anglicisation however. I'm a linguistic stickler, and I believe character approximates don't do justice to the word when there are characters that represent the word properly (and which belong there due to the word's etymology). For example, most Americans now write jalapeño (the pepper) as jalapeno, with the consequence that the pronunciation is shifting with the spelling. The ñ is losing it's "ny" dipthong sound and turning into a plain "n", and in the process mutating the e that comes before it as well - "painyo" becoming "peeno".

I understand that this is how borrow words work, and I'm not railing against that per se. But I maintain that the fact that one has to go out of their way on an English keyboard to enter a ñ or ç or ï is a large part of why these "26 character ASCII" spellings are becoming prominent. Even the British æ (encyclopædia) is suffering, turning into a regular "ae" letter pair instead (and becoming a plain "e" in the American spellings).

You can probably tell that I'm someone who actually laments the loss of the thorn and edh, among other characters. I prefer those languages where every letter has one sound, it resolves much ambiguity. :)
It used to confuse me why sometimes things are written as -ise than -ize. English, what a lovely language. :-p
deryni: I'l l take it if it hasn't been PM ninja'd by now.
ggf162: PM sent
Worked. Thanks.
niniendowarrior: It used to confuse me why sometimes things are written as -ise than -ize. English, what a lovely language. :-p
English is a stupid Language no matter which country uses it. At least a lot of other languages have clearer meaning.
Giltonnam: Anyone interested in Earth 2160 from Topware store? (not sure if key works/still valid though x.x)
You shouldn't share those keys
Giltonnam: Anyone interested in Earth 2160 from Topware store? (not sure if key works/still valid though x.x)
ggf162: You shouldn't share those keys
They're 1 time use and it's from a bundle I got a while back. It's an actual key not a direct download.
ggf162: You shouldn't share those keys
Giltonnam: They're 1 time use and it's from a bundle I got a while back. It's an actual key not a direct download.
Nope. Topware haven't imposed any limits on these keys, anybody can redeem them any time, without an account, as many times as they want
Post edited December 10, 2013 by ggf162
Giltonnam: They're 1 time use and it's from a bundle I got a while back. It's an actual key not a direct download.
ggf162: Nope. Topware haven't imposed any limits on these keys, anybody can redeem them any time, without an account, as many times as they want
really? wow, didn't know that. nm then.

I just knew they put time limits on some of the older keys
In case anyone wants to play 8BitMMO beta and doesn't have a key yet (steam)

QXAVK-Q39BR-XWZ2N
T5EMN-NG0N9-IKVLQ
WMBF5-BX34Y-PL6Q4
niniendowarrior: It used to confuse me why sometimes things are written as -ise than -ize. English, what a lovely language. :-p
Thistler: English is a stupid Language no matter which country uses it. At least a lot of other languages have clearer meaning.
LOL!!!

We deserve a better language. Like C. It's universal.
Post edited December 10, 2013 by niniendowarrior
leonairxxx: In case anyone wants to play 8BitMMO beta and doesn't have a key yet (steam)

QXAVK-Q39BR-XWZ2N
T5EMN-NG0N9-IKVLQ
WMBF5-BX34Y-PL6Q4
All 3 gone :(
Good morning :)
Morning.
Morn to all