It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOGwiiisfun: Not to mention that pirating stuff isn't cool unless you literally can't buy it.
I didn't mention pirating games, I mentioned using an emulator. Or am I incorrect in thinking that an emulator can run a purchased console game on a PC? It isn't something I have looked into.

A PS2 costs around $50 second-hand in this country which would be a worthwhile purchase for me to have access to PS2 RPGs. Thanks for the feedback everyone, it has swayed my decision towards buying the actual console rather than using my PC for everything(as I love to do).
te_lanus: PCSX 2 isn't near perfect at all. You'll need one monster of a PC to run most of those games PCSX 2 at fullspeed, without any speedhack activated.
What type of monster PC are we talking about? Better than a quad core i5 3.4ghz, P8H77 motherboard, 8gb 1600mhz ddr3 ram, nVidia GTX 560ti?
Post edited September 01, 2013 by Tarnicus
GOGwiiisfun: Not to mention that pirating stuff isn't cool unless you literally can't buy it.
Tarnicus: I didn't mention pirating games, I mentioned using an emulator. Or am I incorrect in thinking that an emulator can run a purchased console game on a PC? It isn't something I have looked into.

A PS2 costs around $50 second-hand in this country which would be a worthwhile purchase for me to have access to PS2 RPGs. Thanks for the feedback everyone, it has swayed my decision towards buying the actual console rather than using my PC for everything(as I love to do).
Hmm, well I never knew that. I probably couldn't run it anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me. Not to mention I would probably be too stupid to figure out how to get it to work. Also may I recommend the Ace Combat games (at least the ones for the ps2)? They aren't RPGs (they are like arcade-y flight sims) but they have great stories.
Tarnicus:
No matter where you choose to play PS2 games, but please, Include Shadow of the Colossus on your list.
For me, is not one of the best PS2 games, but one of the best games I've ever played.

There's a HD version for PS3 (as most of the PS2 games), but I never touched... but I hope to, one day. ;p
Tarnicus: I didn't mention pirating games, I mentioned using an emulator. Or am I incorrect in thinking that an emulator can run a purchased console game on a PC? It isn't something I have looked into.
A lot of People is under the wrong impression that emulation = Piracy. Your correct to think that some emulators can run console games from the original media, but most of those is CD based. But most emulators is easier to use with "ripped/dumped" media.

Tarnicus: .
What type of monster PC are we talking about? Better than a quad core i5 3.4ghz, P8H77 motherboard, 8gb 1600mhz ddr3 ram, nVidia GTX 560ti?
I've got a 2.6ghz Duel-core with 3gb mem and a gt240 and it runs pcsx2 at a reasonable rate in some games. Games like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance it runs very slowly.
te_lanus: A lot of People is under the wrong impression that emulation = Piracy. Your correct to think that some emulators can run console games from the original media, but most of those is CD based. But most emulators is easier to use with "ripped/dumped" media.

Tarnicus: .
te_lanus: I've got a 2.6ghz Duel-core with 3gb mem and a gt240 and it runs pcsx2 at a reasonable rate in some games. Games like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance it runs very slowly.
It is not wrong impression. Even if the games are original the emulator itself is not. It uses console BIOS without the permission from creators. To use it legally you should buy console then extract the code yourself and run emulation. I bet no one does that.
The production of the PS2 and associated games came to an end anyway, or..
Hello ninjas and ninjettes!
I'm bored, and constructor is still on sale, so if anyone else wants it simply answer this:

what was the answer to the first giveaway I posted in this thread?
wpegg: I'm bored, and constructor is still on sale, so if anyone else wants it simply answer this:

Sacrifice ? I just clicked page 1 .
oh " Post a picture of a dog"
Post edited September 01, 2013 by lemuria
wpegg: I'm bored, and constructor is still on sale, so if anyone else wants it simply answer this:

lemuria: Sacrifice ? I just clicked page 1 .
That was the prize...

klaattu's picture of a german shepherd?

michael buble velociraptor
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post13

Attachments:
index.jpg (5 Kb)
No, No NO!

The answer was to redeem the code first, as all ninjas should.

Like this one: R3PWH5W2BXGBYLKW
wpegg: No, No NO!

The answer was to redeem the code first, as all ninjas should.

Like this one: R3PWH5W2BXGBYLKW
Thanks, I redeemed it.