It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

i dunno...
i dont have a job, but ive found ways to give back to this community...
i usually wait for big sales & purchase games that i feel people would like, that are within my budget..
when im really poor on specific months, ill grab a Gala Bundle or what have you & try & split it up so everyone is well fed...
i kind of see this community as a subscription based community but instead you hand out what you can in games to fellow members to be welcomed into the community with open arms...
its a way of paying it forward...
theres always ways to help give back to the community, even if it is a little bit...
if you can't, then i suggest its best to lay low until you can...
this is my own opinion...

Momo1991: I completely second Sachys comments - Excellent points teshra and nicely put in a kind and respectful manner.

Seanobi, I meant every word I said when I posted a few days ago...try to listen to what is being said to you and find a way to be a bit less "needy". I really, really get where you're at - young, unemployed and gee, here is this great place with lots of candy... but life is about balance. If you take this unbalanced attitude into work (when you finally find it), it will get you into trouble. If you take this unbalanced attitude into your relationships...well view what's happened the last few days as a microcosm of life.

And let me remind you that there are plenty of unemployed peeps - you aren't the only person struggling to make ends meet in this community. Being jobless is no excuse for bad behavior - and greediness is bad behavior. No one owes you free RPG's because you don't have a job but many here will gladly gift them to those a bit less fortunate. But thinking and acting like you just got handed the keys to the candy store and can now do whatever you please will absolutely ensure that no one will ever hand you the keys ever again.

Anyway, I hope you can hear what peeps are endeavoring to communicate to you and hear it for what it is - helpful suggestions - not Seanobi bashing.

Dracomage, I do see some effort on your part - now the proof is in the pudding. Keep at it - it won't go unnoticed...

Finally, I realize that my comments are just the opinion of an older female gamer and so easily discounted but I urge you both to heed the words of your peers. This is a great community - let them give you something more valuable than a few free games.
Seanobi: I completely agree with you... I don't take things for granted, at all... I am 24... It is just how things are right now, and I am not trying to be greedy at all. In fact, I take peoples hearts and souls and thier giving ways, as the gold, and not the materials they present. I am not materialistic in anyway. It may sound like it, but I am not. I take people from who they are, and how they are, as the actual gift. :)

I whole-heartedly agree :)
Seanobi:
I'll add to / reinforce what's been said with a couple of things.

Try to provide answers in help threads, engage in more general threads (both game and non-game related). Don't take anymore free games from this thread or enter giveaways - until your rep is above zero at least! You can still partake in this thread - theres still fun to be had (it can be a bit like the community bar in some ways).
Hell, I was a member here for about a year before I partook in anything - partially due to some bad troll experiences on other forums (including ones I've run), eventually I waded in at the deep end n this thread and took a chance. As a result I became involved with the community.
I've had so many games gifted, won and ninja'd in my active time here (and that inst that long either), but I've not always popped up to snap a free game (which is often still how your appearences here look), I've answered people prolem threads, asked for help with mine. I even posted a thread explaining who I was, what I do and why I appreciated what I'd gotten from the community ths far (missing the fact a thread was already there for that in the process). the point is, the interaction and effort was appreciated.
At the age of 24 you should probably have a better handle of things like that - unemployed or not. I spent MANY years of my life unemployed and suffered all the abuse that went with it (I've akso been lucky enoguht o have some amazing jobs), and my friends and social aqquantances helped to get me through it - some free beers on a night here, guest entry o a gig there. All sorts of stuff. The reason they don't resent me for it, and the majority of the people where I live still have respect for me regarding that, is i never asked for it and always tried to return the favour in any way i could (even if it meant a cheap bottle of wine and a bag of chips on a skinty summer night).
I actually turned all that into a tal;ent and put my knowledge of nightlife and music to use and became a music journalist. it meant my friends could get into some big gigs as my "assitant" and meet their heroes (though my little sister got put right off nick oliveri when he threw up on her shoes).
Point is lad, it takes effort in some way.
I'm still trying to make enough effort on GOG to even feel equal to anyof the peopl that give around heer - I dont have the means either, but I put my story out there for peope to see (and in some cases ridicule) and so I have a clear concience about that.
Hell I earned more in the last year I was unemployed from state benefits (basic jobseekers at that) than I've earned in the last three years being self employed. I owe more than that in tax (twats!).
I'm rambling now like fuck, but hopefully you'll get the idea.

...and YES Stooner - am pished!

Edit: wow. that was a long, rambling post. offski! INABIT!
Post edited March 16, 2013 by Sachys
low rated
Death2Videodrome: i dunno...
i dont have a job, but ive found ways to give back to this community...
i usually wait for big sales & purchase games that i feel people would like, that are within my budget..
when im really poor on specific months, ill grab a Gala Bundle or what have you & try & split it up so everyone is well fed...
i kind of see this community as a subscription based community but instead you hand out what you can in games to fellow members to be welcomed into the community with open arms...
its a way of paying it forward...
theres always ways to help give back to the community, even if it is a little bit...
if you can't, then i suggest its best to lay low until you can...
this is my own opinion...

Seanobi: I completely agree with you... I don't take things for granted, at all... I am 24... It is just how things are right now, and I am not trying to be greedy at all. In fact, I take peoples hearts and souls and thier giving ways, as the gold, and not the materials they present. I am not materialistic in anyway. It may sound like it, but I am not. I take people from who they are, and how they are, as the actual gift. :)

I whole-heartedly agree :)
Death2Videodrome:
If I haven't done what you've done, that means I don't have the knowledge that you do... ;)

You are gracious though, thank you! :D
Post edited March 16, 2013 by Seanobi
Death2Videodrome:
dammit! you had to write a less drunk and more coherent thing than me since i began writing mine didnt you!?

might watch videodrome actually...

SirEyeball:
thats exactly why o_o

heheh!

im trying to finsihs a commision to get paid but it fucked up (due today) and then i saw the offer - no way im grabbing that at the offer price now.

on the other hand, my plan was to pump the expendible cash into a cheapy for myself and giveaway materials with the majority so its a good thing on the whole...

...still hate yer fucking guts though!

heheh!

...i AM pissed up! HEHEH!
its ok, i can be your sober Ghost Writer..
;)

Death2Videodrome:
Sachys: dammit! you had to write a less drunk and more coherent thing than me since i began writing mine didnt you!?

might watch videodrome actually...
Death2Videodrome:
heheh!

"ghost chimp!" ...wait... didnt bill cosby make a shitty film like that?

oh, and MERRY ANNUALISED LIVER DEGRADATION DAY!
Good day to you people how is everyone doing
Elvin37: Good day to you people how is everyone doing
bit wankered!
Elvin37: Good day to you people how is everyone doing
Sachys: bit wankered!
Never heard of that saying before but hope you recover from what ever that is soon! ( if its something bad ) or if its tiredness?
LOL!!!
its a drunk disease, from what im hearing...

;)
just pulling your chain Sachys...

Elvin37: Never heard of that saying before but hope you recover from what ever that is soon! ( if its something bad ) or if its tiredness?
Elvin37: Never heard of that saying before but hope you recover from what ever that is soon! ( if its something bad ) or if its tiredness?
AKA

Blootered

Pished

Pissed

Toss-faced

Crapped

Shitfaced

Bollock-chopped

Inebriated

Drunk

Spannerred

F U C K E R E D !

* damn you half price tempranillo!
Sachys: AKA

Blootered

Pished

Pissed

Toss-faced

Crapped

Shitfaced

Bollock-chopped

Inebriated

Drunk

Spannerred

F U C K E R E D !

* damn you half price tempranillo!
Time for some aspirin and coffee? or something haha
Elvin37:
still got a glass left!

"I'll get me coat!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfJAHASV8k8

Death2Videodrome:
careful!

combining the phrase "wankered" with "pulling your chain" results in major innuendo!
Elvin37:
Sachys: still got a glass left!

"I'll get me coat!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfJAHASV8k8
That was mildly entertaining! good stuff
low rated
I am starting to uhhh... getting drunk actually, haha!!! I love you guys! :) So much! Man you guys are so awesome, I am tearing up just thinking about it... Ya'll are so freaking awesome :') ... I'm sorry man.... I wish I had a better start :"(

I'm so sorry guys, I started off bad... :"(

I wish we could all just get along, that;s all :'(

I'm sorry :'(