It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

niniendowarrior: Hello peeps! Last day for me before I disappear for a loooooooong while.
HWsGC: In that case, have a great holiday and relax. :)
You too! :D

You're from Hungary? Did they build the Stephen Colbert Bridge yet? LOL
HWsGC: In that case, have a great holiday and relax. :)
niniendowarrior: You too! :D

To be frank, this is the first time I heard about that story. LOL
I looked it up on wikipedia and had a good laugh. The brige is done of course, I drove across it a few times myself.
niniendowarrior: You too! :D

HWsGC: To be frank, this is the first time I heard about that story. LOL
I looked it up on wikipedia and had a good laugh. The brige is done of course, I drove across it a few times myself.
I was in stitches throughout the 'debacle'. Chuck Norris bridge would've sounded better though!
niniendowarrior: I was in stitches throughout the 'debacle'. Chuck Norris bridge would've sounded better though!
That is our politicians incompetence in a nutshell. Most of the bridges in Budapest was named after a famous historical hungarian person. Why can't this brige have a name like that? Oh whatever. We just usually call it the M0 bridge because it's connecting that highway.
niniendowarrior: I was in stitches throughout the 'debacle'. Chuck Norris bridge would've sounded better though!
HWsGC: That is our politicians incompetence in a nutshell. Most of the bridges in Budapest was named after a famous historical hungarian person. Why can't this brige have a name like that? Oh whatever. We just usually call it the M0 bridge because it's connecting that highway.
They were likely being tech savvy! :D
I could never be Frank... I like who I am!

(couldn't resist the movie pun... :)
Sachys: well it may work, but if its from the promo... (see attached)...

seem to remember some people doubted me on that...
Well, at the time GOG support folk claimed the codes would not expire and that was their plan. It's only after the fact that it has changed from what was intended initially and upon the request of Interplay for legal reasons. So those of us who were going with the assumption they'd work were in line with what GOG originally intended and backed by GOG employee statements. It's not a contest to see who is right or wrong - people on the outside don't know and ask questions and are pointed to information and go based on what it says, then share that information with others. In this case the information simply changed after the fact but that doesn't invalidate the running intent prior to that.

Also, the codes from previous freebies appear to still work, so this is an exceptional case however I wont be surprised if they change things in the future to expire codes also as it appears that people were actually getting free game codes and turning around and selling them. Sadly if that's what people are doing it is unlikely to be different next time, and they'll almost certainly impose some limitation on the timeframe and/or number of gifts (if any) and/or how long they are valid in the future I bet.
skeletonbow:
yeah, because of course Judas' statement didnt carry any weight at all?!? - which is what you were referenced to the other week, and had the option of contacting support (as he suggested then) to get a better idea / more hardline facts at the time. the fact i never got a reply to that from you until now...

well...

no you're right in the sense its not about who is right and who is wrong, but... consider your own replies to me at the time, and then consider the fact ive posted all of this this entirely tongue in cheek ( i literally dont care as I was lucky to get a freebie)...
Sachys: yeah, because of course Judas' statement didnt carry any weight at all?!? - which is what you were referenced to the other week, and had the option of contacting support (as he suggested then) to get a better idea / more hardline facts at the time. the fact i never got a reply to that from you until now...

well...

no you're right in the sense its not about who is right and who is wrong, but... consider your own replies to me at the time, and then consider the fact ive posted all of this this entirely tongue in cheek ( i literally dont care as I was lucky to get a freebie)...
I'm not suggesting Judas' statement carries no weight, I never spoke with Judas. Other GOG employees have stated otherwise though so there was conflicting information at best. The GOG comments from The Enigmatic T apologizing for having to disable the Fallout codes posted in the Fallout forum would seem to indicate it was never their plan to expire the codes however and that it was only being done by legal request from Interplay due to people starting to sell the codes: http://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/free_fallout_gift_codes_disabled

Sure, it's all tongue in cheek but none of us were crazy for thinking the codes would not expire since GOG didn't plan for them to expire. :)
blakstar: The key was "hidden somewhere in this post". Deciphering the clue gave "2003 movie based on Verdi's opera Rigoletto" RICK
So that was a key! Now I feel so stupid)
blakstar: The key was "hidden somewhere in this post". Deciphering the clue gave "2003 movie based on Verdi's opera Rigoletto" RICK
ejiki: So that was a key! Now I feel so stupid)
I wouldn't say you're stupid -- you did solve the giveaway after all! :-)
A fast ninja could win this if he or she meets the requirements...
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/primates_have_conquered_earth
Post edited December 20, 2013 by monkeydelarge
ejiki: So that was a key! Now I feel so stupid)
blakstar: I wouldn't say you're stupid -- you did solve the giveaway after all! :-)
I just was lucky enough to guess game title without knowing all letters)
high rated
for any late night lucky ninja that want some electronic super joy that is actually quite a joy to play if you like torture fun platformers like Super Meat Boy ^_^

::I2P8C-82VEP-BDAF8:::
Briareos262: for any late night lucky ninja that want some electronic super joy that is actually quite a joy to play if you like torture fun platformers like Super Meat Boy ^_^

::I2P8C-82VEP-BDAF8:::
Someone already took it without saying thanks. How rude!
So I thank you for your generosity, +1.

By the way morning or whatever you have there. :)