It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

csanjuro: here is another pic
Dark_Light748: Metroid?
Nope, the game has a sort of second jump
Couldn't find it, so I cheated.... Is this indie game even available for sale literally anywhere after Desura went down? Looks like the dev didn't even bother to bring it to itch.io, even though they have some of their other games on there.

And of course they didn't bother bringing it to Steam, despite it having been "greenlit" back in the Greenlight days.

Edit 2: Oh, they did release it on Steam, under a different name. And I even own it in my library.
Post edited July 30, 2024 by kalirion
kalirion: Couldn't find it, so I cheated.... Is this indie game even available for sale literally anywhere after Desura went down? Looks like the dev didn't even bother to bring it to itch.io, even though they have some of their other games on there.

And of course they didn't bother bringing it to Steam, despite it having been "greenlit" back in the Greenlight days.

Edit 2: Oh, they did release it on Steam, under a different name. And I even own it in my library.
so, will you solve it?
kalirion: Couldn't find it, so I cheated.... Is this indie game even available for sale literally anywhere after Desura went down? Looks like the dev didn't even bother to bring it to itch.io, even though they have some of their other games on there.

csanjuro: so, will you solve it?
I don't solve when I blatantly cheat to find the answer.
csanjuro: so, will you solve it?
kalirion: I don't solve when I blatantly cheat to find the answer.
then another clue is needed
Attachments:
gun.jpg (36 Kb)
kalirion: I don't solve when I blatantly cheat to find the answer.
csanjuro: then another clue is needed
This seems to require a lot more clues still. Or maybe replace it with an easier game to guess? xD
csanjuro: then another clue is needed
Duke Garland: This seems to require a lot more clues still. Or maybe replace it with an easier game to guess? xD
As screenshots aren't helping, I would recommend more textual clues so that people can research. Hints towards the game's release dates, developers, etc.

Edit: Since I cheated to learn the game earlier, I can provide some:

This is an indie game with a name that rhymes with "Bet Runner".
Post edited August 04, 2024 by kalirion
here is another hint, in the description of tha game includes the word Nestalgia in a certain vapor related storefront

edit: forgot the pic
Attachments:
Post edited August 04, 2024 by csanjuro
nothing yet?

here is another hint
Attachments:
gunner.jpg (150 Kb)
Looks like much more specific hints are needed.

This is a 2D platform action indie game that's full of Nestalgia. Full of action, gunfights, bosses and explosions so if you're into the whole 8-Bit vibe you should love this. From the sound, to the graphics to the flicker, this should pay tribute to those classic hard as nails, run 'n' gun games.
I don't know. Looks like Contra and Burai Fighter and Batman. Whitout some "cheating" seems like nobody can get it.
The textual hints provided are enough to find the game. Here's another one:

The dev's last name (or at least the 2nd word in the dev's name on Steam if it's not their real last name) is the same as a last name of a certain prominent Marvel hero (in MCU as well) who is a Doctor.

The dev's first name is the same as the last name of the first commander of a certain 90s TV space station that was not Deep Space 9.

This dev seems to have only 4 games on Steam, and the game in the riddle is one of them.
kalirion's clue makes it pretty easy.

Jet Gunner
https://store.steampowered.com/app/314250/Jet_Gunner/
Korell: kalirion's clue makes it pretty easy.

Jet Gunner
https://store.steampowered.com/app/314250/Jet_Gunner/
On behalf of csanjuro, I will confirm that you are indeed correct - that's the game I found by cheating. Your turn!
Here's the next one.
Attachments: