It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New games joining GOG.com, plus a vast selection of Russian-speaking games up to 80% off: Shadow Warrior, Space Rangers HD, Hotline Miami, and more!

Just about one year ago, GOG.com and our Russian-speaking friends got locked in a bear-hug so warm that it could thaw even the most frozen siberian heart. That's when we launched a Russian version of our store, offering a proper welcome to everybody from Russia and other independent countries that emerged from the USSR in our DRM-free halls. Today we are celebrating <span class="bold">A Year of GOG.com in Russian</span> with a hot extended promo that is bound to raise the global sea level by a couple more inches.

This event is not unlike a matryoshka doll: as you open it up you find three (make that four) games making their GOG.com debut. Either well-known or a bit obscure, we are glad that they have chosen to call GOG.com their home. Please welcome:

-<span class="bold">Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales</span>, an open-world action/RPG of swashbuckling exploits
-<span class="bold">Konung 1 + 2</span>: A blend of Diablo and Baldur's Gate in a northern fantasy setting
-<span class="bold">Evil Islands</span>: The RPG/stealth tale of an unlikely hero out to save a string of doomed isles

Keep fiddling with the doll and you will soon realize there is a whole Weekend Promo hidden inside! And not just any promo. Dozens and dozens of games are waiting for you, and they all have three things in common: there is a healthy dose of awesomesauce integrated in their genome, they got smashing discounts, and they are all fluent in Russian! That's right, all these fine games include a Russian option but the best part is that they are equally fun to play in any language.

So join us in celebrating <span class="bold">A Year of GOG.com in Russian</span> by welcoming four new games in our catalog, and taking advantage of the massive discounts on 50+ of our other Russian-speaking games, including Shadow Warrior(2013), Death to Spies, Rollercoaster Tycoon, King's Bounty: Dark Side, and more. The promo will last until April 5, 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT / 13:59 BST.
HunchBluntley: Poland is also a non-USSR country. (Yes, parts of its territory technically were absorbed during the war, but Poland as a state was never a member of the Soviet Union.)
Indeed, my mistake.
So what do we get when there is "A Year of GOG.com in Germany"-promo? Let me guess: some Teletubbis-games and probably even some Simulator-"games"...
Oh, wow! An item in my wishlist is actually on sale.

Okay, question for anyone willing to spare an answer on these helpful forums. I'm a huge fan of Freelancer, KOTOR, Sid Meier's Pirates, and games that are fun adventure with a bit of story behind them. I also love flying spaceships in games with a variety of more things to than simply shoot 'em ups.

Which one would you pick Space Rangers HD or Star Wolves 1 + 2?
viperfdl: So what do we get when there is "A Year of GOG.com in Germany"-promo? Let me guess: some Teletubbis-games and probably even some Simulator-"games"...
Games about "that period" in Germany?
Red Alert, puhleease?
viperfdl: So what do we get when there is "A Year of GOG.com in Germany"-promo? Let me guess: some Teletubbis-games and probably even some Simulator-"games"...
Anstoss 1-3 would be fine.
Incognita97: Oh, wow! An item in my wishlist is actually on sale.

Okay, question for anyone willing to spare an answer on these helpful forums. I'm a huge fan of Freelancer, KOTOR, Sid Meier's Pirates, and games that are fun adventure with a bit of story behind them. I also love flying spaceships in games with a variety of more things to than simply shoot 'em ups.

I would vote for Space Rangers.
I have played freelancer in the age where I couldn't understand it fully, but it still was fun.
Then there were Space rangers, "best game ever" for 3-4 years for me.
Star wolves after these felt really bland.

Space Rangers, definitely! It's an awesome game.
More good games from russians companys like 1C Company (Buka Entertainment acquired by 1C), Nival, Akella, Gaijin Entertainment, Ice-Pick Lodge, Lesta Studio, Targem Games, ...and maybe Nikita Online - for online games?

jerff: Space Rangers, definitely! It's an awesome game.
I wonder what happens inside the mind of some russian game devs. I mean, japanese devs in the 80s focused a lot on several genres, space shooters, fighting games, puzzles, beat em ups, fantasy games, rpgs. Then, the console mascots came along, Mario, Sonic, they took the world by storm. Ok.
Tons of unique games, a plethora of mixed genres; we saw wacky, bold and remarkable pieces of hard work.

Fair enough.

US devs followed the same path in the past 30yrs or so, and western european, too. I know, different places and cultures. I'm just chilling in here, thinking about the games I've enjoyed in the past three decades.
So many titles, so many platforms. From Ultima to Mario 64, from D&D games to Halo.

(...)

Then, there's Knock Knock. What the McCrack?! :D
And don't tell me "oh, but Ice-Pick Lodge is wacky". Yup. But what about all the other mindblowin' games? Inside my head I keep listing these games up and, by far, a ton of them are from the motherland! :P
Nice. That makes 14 new-old release for the week then. Don't spoil us too much now, GOG. ;) Adding the Konungs and Sea Dogs CT to my wishlist for now.

As for the sale, I think I may pick up the second Death to Spies and Elven Legacy now that I have my Windows gaming PC (close enough; it's my 2013 ASUS lappie) set up properly again.
Post edited March 31, 2016 by mistermumbles
mistermumbles: Nice. That makes 16 new-old release for the week then.
Fixed.
Post edited March 31, 2016 by Grargar
Am just wondering if this has the patch. The first thing that came up on my search was to install a super mod onto Age of Pirates: Caribbean tales to avoid lots of CTD's and bugs, and that mod includes patch 1.5. Not sure how much of this is true, but if anyone is interested the mod is here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-pirates-supermod/downloads/age-of-pirates-historical-immersion-supermod
Good old Games from Russia? What about Tetris?
mistermumbles: Nice. That makes 16 new-old release for the week then.
Grargar: Fixed.
Hm. What are the two I'm missing? I'm counting the X-COM quintuple-pack, the RT three-pack, Pirates, Freedom Force, Sea Dogs, Kanungs 1&2 and Evil Islands.
mistermumbles: Hm. What are the two I'm missing? I'm counting the X-COM quintuple-pack, the RT three-pack, Pirates, Freedom Force, Sea Dogs, Kanungs 1&2 and Evil Islands.
Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich ?