It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New games joining GOG.com, plus a vast selection of Russian-speaking games up to 80% off: Shadow Warrior, Space Rangers HD, Hotline Miami, and more!

Just about one year ago, GOG.com and our Russian-speaking friends got locked in a bear-hug so warm that it could thaw even the most frozen siberian heart. That's when we launched a Russian version of our store, offering a proper welcome to everybody from Russia and other independent countries that emerged from the USSR in our DRM-free halls. Today we are celebrating <span class="bold">A Year of GOG.com in Russian</span> with a hot extended promo that is bound to raise the global sea level by a couple more inches.

This event is not unlike a matryoshka doll: as you open it up you find three (make that four) games making their GOG.com debut. Either well-known or a bit obscure, we are glad that they have chosen to call GOG.com their home. Please welcome:

-<span class="bold">Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales</span>, an open-world action/RPG of swashbuckling exploits
-<span class="bold">Konung 1 + 2</span>: A blend of Diablo and Baldur's Gate in a northern fantasy setting
-<span class="bold">Evil Islands</span>: The RPG/stealth tale of an unlikely hero out to save a string of doomed isles

Keep fiddling with the doll and you will soon realize there is a whole Weekend Promo hidden inside! And not just any promo. Dozens and dozens of games are waiting for you, and they all have three things in common: there is a healthy dose of awesomesauce integrated in their genome, they got smashing discounts, and they are all fluent in Russian! That's right, all these fine games include a Russian option but the best part is that they are equally fun to play in any language.

So join us in celebrating <span class="bold">A Year of GOG.com in Russian</span> by welcoming four new games in our catalog, and taking advantage of the massive discounts on 50+ of our other Russian-speaking games, including Shadow Warrior(2013), Death to Spies, Rollercoaster Tycoon, King's Bounty: Dark Side, and more. The promo will last until April 5, 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT / 13:59 BST.
Smannesman: I'm fairly certain I've seen plenty of promo's with "Up to XX%" where only one game had that percentage.
And even ones where no game actually had that percentage.
New policy I guess.
Relatively new, though it's simply more of a rule that we try to stick to. It's really a case-by-case thing. For the latter, that was probably a mistake. >_>
Konung does look quite interesting, I'm a sucker for vikings.

I know they're selling it as a Baldur's gate meets Diablo, but which is it more like? I didn't really get on with the Infinity Engine games I've tried...
@Konrad

When will Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships appear on GOG? It's massively superior in every way to Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales (aka Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales) which appeared today.
Post edited March 31, 2016 by jerff
jerff: @Konrad

When will Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships appear on GOG? It's massively superior in every way to Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales (aka Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales) which appeared today.
Wow, City of Abandoned Ships is better than Carribean Tales? Wow, and I thought that CoAS is a bad game, but if it is better than it`s precursor....
Has the definition of "weekend" changed? It's early Thursday morning. Practically midweek.
Damn, i would love to work for a company where weekends start at Thursday. ;)
http://33.media.tumblr.com/6913804d7040c560f40d62c29d7ef0eb/tumblr_inline_npk2guuK8F1rbp8pc_500.gif
elgonzo: Damn, i would love to work for a company where weekends start at Thursday. ;)
It's pretty cool. But we end up working weekends a lot.
jerff: @Konrad

Maxvorstadt: Wow, City of Abandoned Ships is better than Carribean Tales? Wow, and I thought that CoAS is a bad game, but if it is better than it`s precursor....
I guess we'll have to differ here. In my opinion, CoAS is the best pirate game to the moment.
Crosmando: No offense, but Evil Islands and Konung look like really crude clone shovelware games
Evil islands gameplay-wise closer to Commando, covert operations, backstabbing, detracting attention with "Fireworks", equivalent of smoke. You will spend a lot of time learning enemy routes, fields of vision (some have full 360), and if everything else fails, you have huge arsenal of magic items, spells and weapons.
Funny writing, too
"So, son, have you ever seen an orc?"
"No, sir"
says main hero, while wielding Orcish hammer.
It also has very deep lore, it was supposed to be third game in the "Allods" series (yes, yes, includes Allods online), but there were some problems with franchise.
Man, my wishlist certainly needs some sort of diet. Three (actually four) games released today, and I can see myself playing and loving every single one of them. Not to mention other recent games like Freedom Force.

I really really need GOG to complete this wish from the Community Wishlist.
It looks like the sales didn't end with Insomnia! This promo is like two or three promos together and some of the games offered are pure gold! Nice! :)
Vythonaut: It looks like the sales didn't end with Insomnia! This promo is like two or three promos together and some of the games offered are pure gold! Nice! :)
This was my thought too LOL. Between the crazy Tuesday and now today this has been one of the better Spring Sales ever ;)
Maxvorstadt: Wow, City of Abandoned Ships is better than Carribean Tales? Wow, and I thought that CoAS is a bad game, but if it is better than it`s precursor....
jerff: I guess we'll have to differ here. In my opinion, CoAS is the best pirate game to the moment.
I disagree, CoAS is bad.
MadalinStroe: unless I'm mistaken all the other games have been developed in countries from the USSR
Grargar: No, not really. While the majority of the games offered are indeed from countries like Poland or Russia, there are others like Hotline Miami, Space Empires IV and Warlords: Battlecry 3 that are from non-USSR countries.
Poland is also a non-USSR country. (Yes, parts of its territory technically were absorbed during the war, but Poland as a state was never a member of the Soviet Union.)

Konrad:
No longer a typo generator? Or is "ZZZ" a typo? ;D
Post edited March 31, 2016 by HunchBluntley