It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: Max Payne?

If not (and I think it's not), what's the genre?
No.
It's an Action/RPG game.
The first time I heard of him was in a little town that I cleared of bandits, after that I met people who met him, visited places that he has already left. A playground of mad scientists, a canyon where two peoples waged war against each other, a voiceless scribe saved by him - all these things hinted that we might finally meet in person.
Well, I have to say, he sure knew how to pick a place for that meeting; I've found some of the best gear I have seen so far and also some of the toughest enemies there. And an old companion from that bandit-infested town.
Sanjuro: The first time I heard of him was in a little town that I cleared of bandits, after that I met people who met him, visited places that he has already left. A playground of mad scientists, a canyon where two peoples waged war against each other, a voiceless scribe saved by him - all these things hinted that we might finally meet in person.
Well, I have to say, he sure knew how to pick a place for that meeting; I've found some of the best gear I have seen so far and also some of the toughest enemies there. And an old companion from that bandit-infested town.
post-apocalyptic setting, by any chance?
Fever_Discordia: post-apocalyptic setting, by any chance?
Yes. :-)
Fever_Discordia: post-apocalyptic setting, by any chance?
Sanjuro: Yes. :-)
Well, there's at least 5 games I can think of that it could be then, not the original Fallout because I'm played that one so...
Fallout: New Vegas?
Fever_Discordia: Fallout: New Vegas?
Yes.
I described the story of Ulysses, the courier who was originally supposed to carry the platinum chip over which the protagonist was shot. He is mentioned in the base game and all of the subsequent plot DLCs up to Lonesome Road where you get to meet him in person.

Your turn now.
OK
Investigating a facility belonging to a weapons manufacturer, it seems that their mining operations dug up something that should have remained buried, it seems that the base was overrun by... creatures. I planted nuke and got the hell out of there
Seems the artifact was taken to Mars, we are heading that way chasing after it now...
Fever_Discordia: OK
Investigating a facility belonging to a weapons manufacturer, it seems that their mining operations dug up something that should have remained buried, it seems that the base was overrun by... creatures. I planted nuke and got the hell out of there
Seems the artifact was taken to Mars, we are heading that way chasing after it now...
Doom?
(I'm actually playing it right now.)
Sanjuro: Doom?
(I'm actually playing it right now.)
Nope, not that one...
Dead space?
Post edited June 29, 2015 by Shofixti1227
Shofixti1227: Dead space?
Nope no that either
Fever_Discordia: overrun by... creatures.
Describe them please.

Also, is it on GOG.
Fever_Discordia: overrun by... creatures.
ZFR: Describe them please.

Also, is it on GOG.
Ooh I think some look a bit like actual xenomorphs while other, I dunno, 4 armed lizard men thingies!
Some mobs also include young ladies with ceremonial blindfolds on, carrying guns

The scene I originally described isn't the start of the game or the entire set-up, it's not the defining, most traumatic experience of the protagonist's life, like in those other games suggested, it's more like... any given Tuesday...

And no, not on GOG (it's on Steam though)
Post edited June 30, 2015 by Fever_Discordia
Fever_Discordia: Ooh I think some look a bit like actual xenomorphs while other, I dunno, 4 armed lizard men thingies!
Some mobs also include young ladies with ceremonial blindfolds on, carrying guns

The scene I originally described isn't the start of the game or the entire set-up, it's not the defining, most traumatic experience of the protagonist's life, like in those other games suggested, it's more like... any given Tuesday...

I'm dead sure I've never played it now. :-)

Does it happen to be using Source engine? Or, I don't know, be developed by a French studio?
Fever_Discordia: Ooh I think some look a bit like actual xenomorphs while other, I dunno, 4 armed lizard men thingies!

Sanjuro: I'm dead sure I've never played it now. :-)

Does it happen to be using Source engine? Or, I don't know, be developed by a French studio?
Yes and yes