It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: I'll give you a metahint. Asking questions instead of guessing titles will probably get you further ;)
Is it an FPS?
Venser: Is it an FPS?
Yes
ZFR:
Rise of the Triad?
Cadaver747: Rise of the Triad?
Yes (the original)

One of the Latin phrases is "Eat your veggies", a reference to Commander Keen.

The subtle hint was that the game contained lots of rocket weapons and bullet weapons had infinite ammo.
ZFR:
How did you make it to the last boss? i've never did finish this game, it's huge. Do you still need the help with El Oscuro?
My boss was attacked during his lunch time. We decided to take some counter measures. So I'm standing in front of our rivalries' restaurant also their headquarters, the front door was precautiously blocked, and throwing bunch of molotov cocktails right through the windows, seeing how the flames took on a place. I am to meet the escapees at the back door kiling the bastards one by one. Oh how I love my job!
Post edited June 25, 2015 by Cadaver747
Cadaver747: My boss was attacked during his lunch time. We decided to take some counter measures. So I'm standing in front of our rivalries' restaurant also their headquarters, the front door was precautiously blocked, and throwing bunch of molotov cocktails right through the windows, seeing how the flames took on a place. I am to meet the escapees at the back door kiling the bastards one by one. Oh how I love my job!
Sounds like Mafia.
Cadaver747: My boss was attacked during his lunch time. We decided to take some counter measures. So I'm standing in front of our rivalries' restaurant also their headquarters, the front door was precautiously blocked, and throwing bunch of molotov cocktails right through the windows, seeing how the flames took on a place. I am to meet the escapees at the back door kiling the bastards one by one. Oh how I love my job!
Omerta?
Sanjuro: Sounds like Mafia.
Yes, its your turn.
Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven (2002) is a masterpiece, even better than GTA series. Reloading and firing weapons done on highest quality level. Mafia 2 is a downgraded piece of sh!t.
He sent me a message. Can't say I'm surprised, for too long we've nearly bumped into each other. Funny that he would want to meet me at that place, it's lying in ruins as far as I know. Well, no matter. I'll go there, if only to get answers to all my questions. After all, I nearly got killed because of him once, so he owes me that much.
...Funny, I have a feeling that might turn out to be the end of my path. Or his.
Post edited June 25, 2015 by Sanjuro
Sanjuro: He sent me a message. Can't say I'm surprised, for too long we've nearly bumped into each other. Funny that he would want to meet me at that place, it's lying in ruins as far as I know. Well, no matter. I'll go there, even if to get answers to all my questions. After all, I nearly got killed because of him once, so he owes me that much.
...Funny, I have a feeling that might turn out to be the end of my path. Or his.
Tex Murphy? The last game?
Green_Hilltop: Tex Murphy? The last game?
No.
We were colleagues, why didn't he warn me at least? How was I supposed to know the damn thing meant trouble?
(Side note: "nearly bumped into each other for a long time" is somewhat meta, in-game you get the message almost immediately, if all conditions are met).
Green_Hilltop: Tex Murphy? The last game?
Sanjuro: No.
We were colleagues, why didn't he warn me at least? How was I supposed to know the damn thing meant trouble?
(Side note: "nearly bumped into each other for a long time" is somewhat meta, in-game you get the message almost immediately, if all conditions are met).
Is this original IP or based on something else? (Sherlock Holmes maybe?)
Fever_Discordia: Is this original IP or based on something else? (Sherlock Holmes maybe?)
It's part of a game series that is not based on anything in particular as far as I know.
ZFR:
Cadaver747: How did you make it to the last boss? i've never did finish this game, it's huge. Do you still need the help with El Oscuro?
Played it back when it came out and reached some place after the second boss. Continued it 3 or so years later (late 1990s and finished it). It was one of my favourite FPSs, but after it I drifted away from the genre, till I stubled upon Half Life in 2002.

I figured out how to beat El Oscuro after looking it up on the internet.
Sanjuro: He sent me a message. Can't say I'm surprised, for too long we've nearly bumped into each other. Funny that he would want to meet me at that place, it's lying in ruins as far as I know. Well, no matter. I'll go there, if only to get answers to all my questions. After all, I nearly got killed because of him once, so he owes me that much.
Max Payne?

If not (and I think it's not), what's the genre?
Post edited June 25, 2015 by ZFR