It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The_Blog: That's true. But that is not really exclusive to european. He was wondering why especially europeans have decent english skills.
Tekkaman-James: While on the subject, I must say that I am impressed with the vast majority of the non-English members here who are able to speak such a convincing level of "conversational" English. Very VERY few here speak like a robotic translator. Is that just learned over years of chatting like we do here on the GOG forums? Or do they teach this kind of stuff?
Likewise! The level of conversational English is far more advanced than the level of formal Japanese I learned in 3 years.
j0ekerr: What sort of badger, african or european?
:D :D

You crack me up little buddy.
stg83: I think Double Fine is finally going to release Part 2 in a couple of months when they release it on PS4 as well as far as I remember hearing about it an interview. You can still wait until the full version if doubtful about the quality of the game. Also the Double Fine Adventure documentary is being released for everyone now instead of just the backers which should give you an idea if it might be something according to your taste.
I think I will trust then one more time, for the sake of what has been before. Even if it's a gritted and reluctant trust.

Now excuse me, I have to go to the freezer and see if what's left of my budget will yield anything else. How much does bone marrow go for in the black market?
deleted
Rixasha: Anyone else on the lookout for Monkey Island SE? I'm hoping to build the ultimate talkie edition out of it.
I've read here in the forum that there is a patch somewhere in the internet which can do this already (I'd guess original version with voices is what you mean).
deleted
MarkoH01: That's what they said but it is not the first time they said that - that is the problem. I believe them. The game will come out ... someday. I bought it in the sale.
j0ekerr: Yeah I was being cynical, I know it will be released, just not when. Tim Schaeffer seems completely incapable of adhering to a schedule. And yet It's not the wait, I am the kind of guy who welcomes delays if they serve to get rid of bugs or allow a tighter narrative. I'd rather have waited another 6 months than gotten that ending to Mass Effect 3.

It's the other drama that's surrounded Double Fine recently, particularly the spacebase DF-9 debacle. It's really chipped away at my trust.
Agreed wholeheartedly! I was gifted a backer copy of Broken age and I'm still receiving update emails years later. As for DF-9, I have the prototype and was very interested in the game until I read about that debacle. It stopped me from purchasing it.
Gotta retire to bed, with my smartphone showing the GOG main page.

I will not miss Dragonfall this time!! Arrgh!!!

My axe of flames +2 is waiting for you! A critical hit and you'll be done for!

It's way past midnight here, so goodnight folks, and for those that are still enjoying the day, continue to have fun!
Speaking of which, why is The Secret of Monkey Island alphabetized under T, while all the other "The" games I own are under the second word. Oh, GOG.
The_Blog: That's true. But that is not really exclusive to european. He was wondering why especially europeans have decent english skills.
Tekkaman-James: While on the subject, I must say that I am impressed with the vast majority of the non-English members here who are able to speak such a convincing level of "conversational" English. Very VERY few here speak like a robotic translator. Is that just learned over years of chatting like we do here on the GOG forums? Or do they teach this kind of stuff?
Mainly over chatting yes and just general things like articles, games, movies and such. I would say after leaving school my english was definitly worse than it is now and it took much longer to come up with the sentences. Now after a few years of basicly watching and playing most of the media I consume in english I can speak and write much more fluent.
Btw. I take that as a compliment :P
Post edited March 05, 2015 by The_Blog
the_voivod: I shouldn't have bought Jade Empire the other day; it's going to take a million years to download with my internet. That's why I like Nox; nice 'n' compact size.
wizardofid: Don't rub nox in my face please, I might just reach out and touch somebody
Ooh Samantha! :D
the_voivod: The second cycle has been as slow as a badger's ass, though. If a badger has a slow ass; I don't know.
You could ask Brian May (Queen) he like badgers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cIlr-LcFsI
the_voivod: The second cycle has been as slow as a badger's ass, though. If a badger has a slow ass; I don't know.
You have to know these things when you're a j0ker :D
Tarnicus: Likewise! The level of conversational English is far more advanced than the level of formal Japanese I learned in 3 years.
I'm my case, I went native during my tween years.
GhostwriterDoF: They have badgers in Europe? :o
Badger badger....