It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Breja: Are you going to tell me who you think he's playing and why?
Sachys: Nope. I know who he's playing, but its for you to follow the clues - I've given my daily spoiler already.
Well, fuck you too then. I know who he's playing too, and I'm not going to waste any more time on this. Enjoy you pants on head theory though, I'm sure it's awesome.

I was just wondering if it's the already shot down by Miller Feral Kid theory or some new nonsense :D
Post edited January 11, 2016 by Breja
Breja: Enjoy you pants on had theory though
Eh?!
Damn. I'm looking at upcoming movies... this is going to be a rather dull year for movies, isn't it? Lots of superheroes, Warcraft which looks like crap, a Harry Potter spin-off, as if those movies were not bad enough already, the Ghostbusters... thing.

I wish I could get moreexcited for things like Civil War or Doctor Strange, but Marvel movies are all so samey, it's hard not to be bored by now. I hope X-Men Apocalypse will turn out better than it looks. I wish Nolan's Dunkirk movie would be this year, not 2017. A Nolan movie starring Kenneth Branagh, it sounds like it might just breach the space-awesome continuum.
Good films can seem to pop out of nowhere sometimes, Guy Ritchie is doing something with King Arthur wasn't he. The new Alien might be further along than everyone might think. Fantastic Beasts might be a bit of an occasion, most likely will have some nice cinematography and have a great score.
Post edited January 11, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Havent seen any yet.
bad_fur_day1: Good films can seem to pop out of nowhere sometimes,
That's true, and I'm sure something will turn up. I'm just talking about the big, hyped up movies.

bad_fur_day1: Guy Ritchie is doing something with King Arthur wasn't he.
He is, but I wish he wasn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a bad director, but King Arthur? That feels entirely wrong for his sensibilities. I'm sure it will be a servicible blockbuster, but I don't look forward to it at all. I love arthurian legends deeply, as something far more important, beautiful and fascinating than just a pop culture construct to be mined for entertainment. I love Steinbeck's, White's and Tolkien's versions, I love Boorman's Excalibur. A Guy Ritchie King Arthur? No thanks.

bad_fur_day1: The new Alien might be further along than everyone might think.
Yeah. One is a sequel to the pile of crap that was Prometheus, and the other will supposedly be made by the dipshit who made District 9. There isn't enough "nope" in the world.

I guess Rogue One is the most interesting thing on the horizon, because with Episode VII being basically a remake, it fall to the spin-off movies to be the hope for something new and fresh in the Star Wars universe.
Hail, Caesar! - The Coen Brothers, George Clooney. Comedy. Febuary 5th.

Triple 9 - John Hillcoat. Crime. Febuary 26th

The Witch - Horror. Febuary 26th

Midnight Special - Adventure / Sci-fi. March 18th.

The Nice Guys - Lethal Weapon Shane Black. Action Comedy. May 20th

The BFG! - Roald Dahl book. July 1st

Jason Bourne 5 - July.

Inferno - Sequel to The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons. October.

Arms and the Dudes - Todd Philips, The Hangover. August.

13 Hours - Michael Bay. January 15th

Suicide Squad - (Not sure if serious...) August 5th
Post edited January 12, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Ouch.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-George-Miller-Won-t-Shoot-Any-More-Mad-Max-Movies-105497.html
Watched Solace yesterday.
Movie was ok, but it could have been better.
Seemed like it ended too soon.

A TV series of 2-3 seasons on same concept with Forever casts could be better!
Saw Hateful Eight yesterday. Half of the people in the cinema rose up and left in the middle of the movie (at break time) cause nothing happened for more then an hour. I decided to stay since I paid for the movie but was definitely tempted to leave. It got a bit better after that with the gunmen shooting each other. I don't think anybody understood what this movie was about. Definitely one of not so good movies from Quentin Tarentino.

The movie starts very very very slow before anything happens. Around 1.5 hours in is when the first shooting happens with the black Mayor forcing the confederate general to shoot at him, which enables him to shoot the general. The story does unravel after that. I guess those silent movie chapter marks made it even weirder. I was constantly about to laugh out looking at how absurd the movie was. It didn't help that more or less 90% of the movie happened in one shed. A lot of pointless dialogue, swearing and clichés. I guess the trailer took all the good parts out of the movie. Definitely will avoid movies with Tarentino tag on them from now on.

Edit: The Imdb ratings for this movie are totally unrealistic. Even metacritics score looks more realistic.
Post edited January 13, 2016 by Matruchus
Matruchus: Saw Hateful Eight yesterday.
Interesting. I guess I'm glad then my cinema has no 70mm projectors, so I saw The Revenant instead.
The very first time I saw a trailer for Revenant and before I knew what it was, my first thought was that they were making a Skyrim movie and Dicaprio was playing the dragonborn. It probably was all that snow and the outfit he was wearing. Was disappointed to not see any dragons in the trailer and then find out it was not Skyrim. I've not been interested in the movie since.
That's because George Miller is believing the hype about AAA movies. He doesn't need a crew of 400 plus international actors unions and million dollar film attorneys. Good film making can begin and end with a small cast/crew and an even smaller budget. Some excellent low budget stuff is being done on Netflix and the internet. You don't need half a billion dollars to make a good movie.

A good Mad Max story could be done by George Miller with a handful of old cars to bust up and a cast willing to put some emotion into their characters. Like a lot of older people he's overthinking himself into retirement.
Matruchus: Saw Hateful Eight yesterday. Half of the people in the cinema rose up and left in the middle of the movie (at break time) cause nothing happened for more then an hour. I decided to stay since I paid for the movie but was definitely tempted to leave. It got a bit better after that with the gunmen shooting each other. I don't think anybody understood what this movie was about. Definitely one of not so good movies from Quentin Tarentino.

The movie starts very very very slow before anything happens. Around 1.5 hours in is when the first shooting happens with the black Mayor forcing the confederate general to shoot at him, which enables him to shoot the general. The story does unravel after that. I guess those silent movie chapter marks made it even weirder. I was constantly about to laugh out looking at how absurd the movie was. It didn't help that more or less 90% of the movie happened in one shed. A lot of pointless dialogue, swearing and clichés. I guess the trailer took all the good parts out of the movie. Definitely will avoid movies with Tarentino tag on them from now on.

Edit: The Imdb ratings for this movie are totally unrealistic. Even metacritics score looks more realistic.
I got that with his Inglorious Basterds. That film bored me to tears. Not even alcohol made it fun. All it was was endless amounts of bla bla bla blaaa and very short moments far between where something actually happened and then back to bla bla bla milk bla bla...
After that one I decided he's lost his touch and won't watch a film from him again if it doesn't say everywhere that it's filled with action. He thinks he's the wittiest man on earth or something. Bah!
Tarm: I got that with his Inglorious Basterds. That film bored me to tears. Not even alcohol made it fun. All it was was endless amounts of bla bla bla blaaa and very short moments far between where something actually happened and then back to bla bla bla milk bla bla...
After that one I decided he's lost his touch and won't watch a film from him again if it doesn't say everywhere that it's filled with action. He thinks he's the wittiest man on earth or something. Bah!
Yep, exactly the same in Hateful Eight. Maybe five minutes of shooting all together with the movie ending in total bloodbath. And 2 and half hours of blablabla, waiting for something to happen, a lot of swearing, a lot of racist remarks and tones of cliches. I really don't know what happened with this movie but the guys who rated it with 8.1 at imdb must be on drugs or something.
Post edited January 13, 2016 by Matruchus