It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You get the idea, review, rate, hate, chat, or don't. Right into the action...

The Revenant

Uncompromising. Some legitimately startling moments and images.

The amount of unbelievable stuff Hugh Glass goes through is comical at times, complete silence from the audience except for the occasional shriek and giggle. Tom Hardy pretty much steals every scene he's in unfortunately for Leo's massive performance.

The bear scene was pretty damn astonishing. The ending was a large scale confrontation between two great actors literally in the middle of nowhere. I think Valhalla Rising was a little more badass.

Not likely to be repeated anytime soon, 9 out of 10.
I don't like the name.

I have seen the shorts to that movie, i should be excited to watch it, but that dull name sucks all the excitement out of it.
My feeling is not at all logical! but it is what it is, lol
mystikmind2000: I don't like the name.

I have seen the shorts to that movie, i should be excited to watch it, but that dull name sucks all the excitement out of it.
The title comes from the French verb "revenir," which means "to return."
mystikmind2000: I don't like the name.

bad_fur_day1: The title comes from the French verb "revenir," which means "to return."
Unfortunately that doesn't help!

I think perhaps i am 'to return' after several years and watch it on free to air TV,,, lol
I just watched Fury Road on TV. Loved it.

Think I'll do the same with Revenant in six months. :D So much easier than the hassle of a theater.
tinyE: I just watched Fury Road on TV. Loved it.

Think I'll do the same with Revenant in six months. :D So much easier than the hassle of a theater.
I did miss Mel, more than a little bit. You couldn't do better than Tom Hardy, but there's only really one Max Rockatansky. :)

On a sadder note it seems George Millar is taking some time to do a smaller film before Fury Road 2. :(
Post edited January 11, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
bad_fur_day1: On a sadder note it seems George Millar is taking some time to do a smaller film before Fury Road 2. :(
Whatever he needs. The last thing I want is a dissapointing, forced sequel. I'm willing to wait. It's not one of those Disney franchises, that's going to produce movies every year.

As for actuall 2016 movies, it kindasucks, because I don't think there's anything really intersting for me untill Batman v Superman in April. Until then we have what- Deadpool? I'm kinda tired of that movie just looking at the trailers and reading the "OMG I just jizzed my pants!1!!1!" comments. London has Fallen? I'll probably see it, I enjoyed the first movie enough, stupid as it was, but it's not exactly something I was eagerly awaiting for years. Pride, Prejudice and Zombies? Fuck you. I hate zombie movies, and this one seems a good few years late to cash in on an annoying fad.
Post edited January 11, 2016 by Breja
Hoping to walk into the cinema and see something good pop up, had pretty good luck with large-ish somewhat entertaining movies lately.

Still looking forward to 2015 Sicario, Southpaw and The Martian.

Majorly curious about Ready Player One, don't think that's even shooting yet. Looking forward to The Neon Demon and The Nice Guys. There was a trailer for Independence Day 2, looked horrible but who doesn't like alien invasions a little bit.
Post edited January 11, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
bad_fur_day1: I did miss Mel, more than a little bit. You couldn't do better than Tom Hardy, but there's only really one Max Rockatansky. :)
[url=http://thats not who Tom Hardy played though... its 30 years down the line remember...]SPOILER (reply to see)[/url]
bad_fur_day1: I did miss Mel, more than a little bit. You couldn't do better than Tom Hardy, but there's only really one Max Rockatansky. :)
Sachys: [url=http://thats not who Tom Hardy played though... its 30 years down the line remember...]SPOILER (reply to see)[/url]
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
Sachys: [url=http://thats not who Tom Hardy played though... its 30 years down the line remember...]SPOILER (reply to see)[/url]
Breja: I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
Nope.
Breja: I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
Sachys: Nope.
SPOILER (not realy but whatever)

I don't know what theory you have, but yes, he is playing Max. And there's nothing in the movie about it being 30 years later. It just... is. Doesn't really fit into the chronology of the series. But Hardy isn't playing anyone else. Not the grown up Feral Kid, not Max's son, not the Don Johnson's character from A Boy and his Dog. Sorry.
Post edited January 11, 2016 by Breja
Sachys: Nope.
Breja: SPOILER (not realy but whatever)

I don't know what theory you have, but yes, he is playing Max. And there's nothing in the movie about it being 30 years later. It just... is. Doesn't really fit into the chronology of the series. But Hardy isn''t playing anyone else. Sorry.
Might want to rewatch the film and give Miller a ring then.
Breja: SPOILER (not realy but whatever)

I don't know what theory you have, but yes, he is playing Max. And there's nothing in the movie about it being 30 years later. It just... is. Doesn't really fit into the chronology of the series. But Hardy isn''t playing anyone else. Sorry.
Sachys: Might want to rewatch the film and give Miller a ring then.
Are you going to tell me who you think he's playing and why?
Sachys: Might want to rewatch the film and give Miller a ring then.
Breja: Are you going to tell me who you think he's playing and why?
Nope. I know who he's playing, but its for you to follow the clues - I've given my daily spoiler already.