It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

randomuser.833: My guess would be the RedUpdater.exe, because for most people it seems to take some time until the game dies.
And it is the last of the 3 that will be called up for whatever it is intended to do.
MarkoH01: I only blocked the min executable and did not have any problems anymore afterwards.
It is kinda interesting, how people don't even bother to read and still mess around with the dll files, while those only seem to trigger a problem while one of the exes is trying to call for an external server for some reason is the basic source of the problem (and the much easier to solve btw).

Taking waykes observation granted it might be something with the cloud saves system.
That shouldn't work anyway without Galaxy installed.

I don't even understand why the first thing people do is messing around with dlls, when a game won't start.
The first thing I do is simply blocking any call to external sources and more often then not, it does the trick. A few games need access to local host for working properly, but most simply try to reach some stuff that is just there for observing the player, some (disfunct) MP server resources or strange additional online challenge content nobody does need in an SP game.
Sad times, that simply blocking connections for executeables does solve problems...
Post edited September 30, 2023 by randomuser.833
randomuser.833: It is kinda interesting, how people don't even bother to read and still mess around with the dll files, while those only seem to trigger a problem while one of the exes is trying to call for an external server for some reason is the basic source of the problem (and the much easier to solve btw).
What I find even more interesting - well tbh given my experience with support so far not anymore - is that the "workaround" that includes messig with these files comes directly from GOG support.

"I have a working fix straight from GOG support:"

Like I said before GOG support imo is not worth its money (if they even get paid because I would not pay them for whatever they do). My last ticket was about a SERVER error message in GOG Galaxy when trying to download the OL Installer for CP2077 2.0 and PL ... they honestly asked me to make a screenshot and/or a video and wanted to have my logs though the problem is known and OBVIOUSLY is ... surprise ... a server issue.
Post edited September 30, 2023 by MarkoH01
randomuser.833: It is kinda interesting, how people don't even bother to read and still mess around with the dll files, while those only seem to trigger a problem while one of the exes is trying to call for an external server for some reason is the basic source of the problem (and the much easier to solve btw).
MarkoH01: What I find even more interesting - well tbh given my experience with support so far not anymore - is that the "workaround" that includes messig with these files comes directly from GOG support.
Might be because GoG support does not get any monitoring data from a system like mine, because my firewall turns that connection into a dead end.
SCNR
Does it make sense we allow the game to harvest statistics considering all the issues ?
From what I can tell the callbacks is a DRM thing for PL.

Y'know, the one thing that the whole point of GoG is to avoid?

CDPR burned all the goodwill I had from the Witcher games with Cyberpunk, and this is the nail in the coffin. Really doubt I'm buying on GoG again, or another CDPR game.
This DRM you guys are talking about where is it, I'm not running the old dll's

Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe

Loading this works fine for me.
The latest patch definitely broke it.
patch_cyberpunk_2077_2.0_(67690)_to_Build_4902785Change_6408866_with_EP1_RL_(67718)

Im running Cyberpunk w/o the expansion, Installed from the offline install files (galaxy not installed).
Still the game crashes at startup. prior to installing this patch 2.0 worked like a charm.

blocking access using the firewall didnt do anything.
running as admin didnt do anything

OK, running the game in Windows 7 compatiblity mode fixed this. Host OS is Win10 22H2
This is not good
Post edited October 01, 2023 by MoGas
Hi. If anyone have a crashing issue with patch 2.0, i mean when you play and suddenly game crash and you are using dlss(not frame generation,without dlss or fsr game works good) then you need replace dlss file(v 3.1.1) with the new version of dlss 3.5.0 (you can find it on google). Replace it in folder Cyberpunk/bin/x64.
This GOG DLL fix is a new one to me, haven't seen it yet, however, I don't think this is going to work for everyone. I seem to have found a solution so far that has.

So if this DLL stuff isn't working for you, might I suggest:

Downgrading your NVidia driver to version 527.37 from 1 DEC 2022.

Make sure and use DDU in Safe Mode to completely clean your system of the current driver beforehand. I also recommend deleting the 2077 and REDEngine cache folders scattered about.

I went from the game being a dice roll as to whether or not I could even make it to the main menu in one out of every 5 launches, to now not having had a single crash and having played well over 24 hours, including playing for more than 8 hours straight, twice. Without having to have done ANYTHING else special. I haven't had to turn off overlays, mess about with DLLs, mess with Windows settings, configure .inis or setup launch parameters, none of it. I just open Galaxy, then launch the game, like any other game, and it works just fine.

Please post back your feedback here and let others know if this did or even if it did not work for you as well.

I hope this helps!
pedrovay2003: UPDATE: I have a working fix straight from GOG support:

"The developers suggest that using the older .dlls might cause crashes with the game BUT seeing you have not experienced any then that is great (and lets hope it stays that way!)

BUT just in case you run into any further issues you can always try the following workaround instead:

1. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\publishing\x64

2. Create a copy of the “GOG” subfolder next to the original one.

3. Rename the copy of the “GOG” folder to “null”

4. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

and delete the:

GameServicesGOG.dll"

I tried this workaround myself, and sure enough, it makes the game and DLC run perfectly without Galaxy running and without reverting to older DLL files. Thanks to user Massiv for confirming that this also fixes the game on the Steam Deck!
Thanks, I can confirm this workaround helps on Linux too!
Null
Post edited October 03, 2023 by Bitwolfies
pedrovay2003: UPDATE: I have a working fix straight from GOG support:

"The developers suggest that using the older .dlls might cause crashes with the game BUT seeing you have not experienced any then that is great (and lets hope it stays that way!)

BUT just in case you run into any further issues you can always try the following workaround instead:

1. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\publishing\x64

2. Create a copy of the “GOG” subfolder next to the original one.

3. Rename the copy of the “GOG” folder to “null”

4. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

and delete the:

GameServicesGOG.dll"
Thanks so much! This worked for me and I can now access the DLC!
Damian83b83: Hi. If anyone have a crashing issue with patch 2.0, i mean when you play and suddenly game crash and you are using dlss(not frame generation,without dlss or fsr game works good) then you need replace dlss file(v 3.1.1) with the new version of dlss 3.5.0 (you can find it on google). Replace it in folder Cyberpunk/bin/x64.
thanks, that's exactly what solved my crashes in dogtown. now for CDPR to include the 3.5.0 version to their next update.
This is finally fixed in the 2.01 patch?
tfishell: This is finally fixed in the 2.01 patch?
I'm going to test it shortly.

UPDATE: It's fixed for me. Thanks CDPR!
Post edited October 05, 2023 by shmerl