It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TheDogCatcher: Just tested this and both fixes seemed to work well, I'll stick with the 2nd one for now.

So just to confirm, can we now play Phantom Liberty with the GoG version on Linux ?
The fix from GOG support works for the Steam Deck, so I'd imagine that it would work for Linux in general.
TheDogCatcher: Just tested this and both fixes seemed to work well, I'll stick with the 2nd one for now.

So just to confirm, can we now play Phantom Liberty with the GoG version on Linux ?
It is case, with this workaround it works now on Linux

Note: With Wine, instead of deleting dll, use environement variable `WINEDLLOVERRIDES="GameServicesGOG=d"`
Post edited September 28, 2023 by IroAlexis
pedrovay2003: Okay, so, I found a consistent fix for the crashing that happens with the latest update + Phantom Liberty. Be aware that this is probably going to cause you to have to download Phantom Liberty again, so be prepared for a 25GB download.

1. Start GOG Galaxy and go to the Cyberpunk 2077 page in your library
2. Go to the game options, Manage Installation, and Configure
3. Switch the version to 2.0, so your game gets downgraded
4. After the downgrade is finished, go to the installation folder and back up Galaxy64.dll and GameServicesGOG.dll
5. Go back into the Galaxy client, and change the version to the latest one, so the game re-updates itself to the current version
6. Replace the two aforementioned .dll files with the older ones that you backed up from the version 2.0 downgrade
7. The up-to-date game runs perfectly now

I have no programming knowledge, so I can't offer any insight as to what changed, but the .dlls are definitely the culprits. With this fix, you'll have the most updated version of the game, Phantom Liberty working, the game doesn't have to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode, and you won't need to have the Galaxy client running. This should also be an adequate fix for getting the game running in Linux/Steam Deck, since you can just manually replace the .dll files after the game is set up.

(I don't know if it's okay to share official files here, which is why I haven't uploaded my own. It's a lot of extra downloading, but it works.)

EDIT: Eh, screw it, I uploaded the .dlls to my OneDrive. These are official files, it's not like they can be used for anything nefarious, so I don't think GOG will mind.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnxqGoJtnN0GhlvCPgd1bxJ7l0qu?e=pSVn4e

Galaxy64.dll MD5:
ea9b367f8deff7d359ea55020ac81160

GameServicesGOG.dll MD5:
9d0255e82b187c23904f176ce088a55d

-----------------------------

UPDATE: I have a working fix straight from GOG support:

"The developers suggest that using the older .dlls might cause crashes with the game BUT seeing you have not experienced any then that is great (and lets hope it stays that way!)

BUT just in case you run into any further issues you can always try the following workaround instead:

1. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\publishing\x64

2. Create a copy of the “GOG” subfolder next to the original one.

3. Rename the copy of the “GOG” folder to “null”

4. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

and delete the:

GameServicesGOG.dll"

I tried this workaround myself, and sure enough, it makes the game and DLC run perfectly without Galaxy running and without reverting to older DLL files. Thanks to user Massiv for confirming that this also fixes the game on the Steam Deck!
If doing the DLL method - can you just use newest version and put those files in the "right" place basically?
pedrovay2003: Okay, I uploaded the files and updated the original post.
The non dll fix from GOG worked perfectly, my son's going to try it today on his copy.
MysterD: If doing the DLL method - can you just use newest version and put those files in the "right" place basically?
You mean if you use the DLLs that I uploaded? Yeah, you can just overwrite what's in the current version's folder and it should work. I would honestly do the updated trick, though, I think fewer things can go wrong that way.
pedrovay2003: UPDATE: I have a working fix straight from GOG support:

"The developers suggest that using the older .dlls might cause crashes with the game BUT seeing you have not experienced any then that is great (and lets hope it stays that way!)

BUT just in case you run into any further issues you can always try the following workaround instead:

1. Go to:

4. Go to:

and delete the:

GameServicesGOG.dll"
This totally worked for me. Thanks a lot Pedro! Shocked that the game is 3 years old, on a 2.0 release, and bizarre problems (crashes on unhandled exceptions... and on the starting screen!) are still around.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by jonesmalaco
Interesting, glad you got a response. Hopefully they can address the problem with an official patch soon if they have not already done so.
not working for me

cdr shame on you
DanSta512: not working for me

cdr shame on you
Have you launched the game with GOG Galaxy once prior to trying the fix?
DanSta512: not working for me

cdr shame on you
schoolofmonkey: Have you launched the game with GOG Galaxy once prior to trying the fix?
before and after
schoolofmonkey: Have you launched the game with GOG Galaxy once prior to trying the fix?
DanSta512: before and after
This is the folder layout:
Attachments:
pedrovay2003: UPDATE: I have a working fix straight from GOG support:

1. Go to:

4. Go to:

and delete the:

GameServicesGOG.dll"
This worked for me as well, all DLC content available for me. Thanks for digging on this issue, pedro!
Any word on the timing of an official fix? Going to stick to 2.0 for now just in case messing with dlls may corrupt saves.

Disturbed that this happened on a flagship in-house title on their main platform. Please understand that people who come here are looking for a drm-free and spyware-free platform. I for one am never going to adopt Galaxy as it looks and feels like a step towards steam or xbox live. I am not and will never be interested in multiplayer as i love cheats and mods cos i suck at any real time action games (from software stuff are basically impossible for me), have limited internet access and even more limited funds so a subscription to play online is just going to be a waste of money, especially if i’m going to have to save for a new pc that can do the awesome new graphics introduced in the likes of nvidia’s newest gfx cards. Please keep cyberpunk playable on my current platform for at least 5 more years as i don’t have the luxury of upgrading to the latest flagship gaming pc so frequently. And please avoid unity-like behavior. Would appreciate a Unity label on those on your platform so i can avoid them. Love Dredge. Did not know it was on Unity. Was always worried about it’s snooping features and i fear it’s new monetizatiom policies are just a taste of things to come. Hope Dredge can successfully port to another engine asap.

Looking forward to meeting Solomon Reed as soon as possible.
GOG's last remaining selling point is DRM-Free ... but CDPR managed to upload a game that has DRM in the base game and in the pre-order bonus. Both won't work offline. So DRM-Free is now an afterthought. Why exactly are we still buying here? Be careful, GOG right now you are stepping on your absolute final selling point. Add to this missing updates and higher prices than on Steam and you will see how this could end if you don't watch your next steps really carefully.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: GOG's last remaining selling point is DRM-Free ... but CDPR managed to upload a game that has DRM in the base game and in the pre-order bonus. Both won't work offline. So DRM-Free is now an afterthought. Why exactly are we still buying here? Be careful, GOG right now you are stepping on your absolute final selling point. Add to this missing updates and higher prices than on Steam and you will see how this could end if you don't watch your next steps really carefully.
Please read the first post in this topic again, the devs suggested a workaround. What would a DRM be, if it could be removed by removing a file?
I would give CDPR the benefit of the doubt that's just a mistake.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by ma-ver-ick.509