It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
AS OF 2.01, THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN COMPLETELY FIXED. I'LL LEAVE THE ORIGINAL POST BELOW FOR POSTERITY'S SAKE.

-----------------------------

Okay, so, I found a consistent fix for the crashing that happens with the latest update + Phantom Liberty. Be aware that this is probably going to cause you to have to download Phantom Liberty again, so be prepared for a 25GB download.

1. Start GOG Galaxy and go to the Cyberpunk 2077 page in your library
2. Go to the game options, Manage Installation, and Configure
3. Switch the version to 2.0, so your game gets downgraded
4. After the downgrade is finished, go to the installation folder and back up Galaxy64.dll and GameServicesGOG.dll
5. Go back into the Galaxy client, and change the version to the latest one, so the game re-updates itself to the current version
6. Replace the two aforementioned .dll files with the older ones that you backed up from the version 2.0 downgrade
7. The up-to-date game runs perfectly now

I have no programming knowledge, so I can't offer any insight as to what changed, but the .dlls are definitely the culprits. With this fix, you'll have the most updated version of the game, Phantom Liberty working, the game doesn't have to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode, and you won't need to have the Galaxy client running. This should also be an adequate fix for getting the game running in Linux/Steam Deck, since you can just manually replace the .dll files after the game is set up.

(I don't know if it's okay to share official files here, which is why I haven't uploaded my own. It's a lot of extra downloading, but it works.)

EDIT: Eh, screw it, I uploaded the .dlls to my OneDrive. These are official files, it's not like they can be used for anything nefarious, so I don't think GOG will mind.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnxqGoJtnN0GhlvCPgd1bxJ7l0qu?e=pSVn4e

Galaxy64.dll MD5:
ea9b367f8deff7d359ea55020ac81160

GameServicesGOG.dll MD5:
9d0255e82b187c23904f176ce088a55d

-----------------------------

UPDATE: I have a working fix straight from GOG support:

"The developers suggest that using the older .dlls might cause crashes with the game BUT seeing you have not experienced any then that is great (and lets hope it stays that way!)

BUT just in case you run into any further issues you can always try the following workaround instead:

1. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\publishing\x64

2. Create a copy of the “GOG” subfolder next to the original one.

3. Rename the copy of the “GOG” folder to “null”

4. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

and delete the:

GameServicesGOG.dll"

I tried this workaround myself, and sure enough, it makes the game and DLC run perfectly without Galaxy running and without reverting to older DLL files. Thanks to user Massiv for confirming that this also fixes the game on the Steam Deck!
Post edited October 05, 2023 by pedrovay2003
pedrovay2003: Okay, so, I found a consistent fix for the crashing that happens with the latest update + Phantom Liberty. Be aware that this is probably going to cause you to have to download Phantom Liberty again, so be prepared for a 25GB download.

4. After the downgrade is finished, go to the installation folder and back up Galaxy64.dll and GameServicesGOG.dll
5. Go back into the Galaxy client, and change the version to the latest one, so the game re-updates itself to the current version
6. Replace the two aforementioned .dll files with the older ones that you backed up from the version 2.0 downgrade

I have no programming knowledge, so I can't offer any insight as to what changed, but the .dlls are definitely the culprits. With this fix, you'll have the most updated version of the game, Phantom Liberty working, the game doesn't have to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode, and you won't need to have the Galaxy client running. This should also be an adequate fix for getting the game running in Linux/Steam Deck, since you can just manually replace the .dll files after the game is set up.

(I don't know if it's okay to share official files here, which is why I haven't uploaded my own. It's a lot of extra downloading, but it works.)
Put em up, because I'd love to grab the official dll, I've spend more time stuffing around with this than playing it..
Okay, I uploaded the files and updated the original post.
pedrovay2003: Okay, so, I found a consistent fix for the crashing that happens with the latest update + Phantom Liberty. Be aware that this is probably going to cause you to have to download Phantom Liberty again, so be prepared for a 25GB download.

EDIT: Eh, screw it, I uploaded the .dlls to my OneDrive. These are official files, it's not like they can be used for anything nefarious, so I don't think GOG will mind.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnxqGoJtnN0GhlvCPgd1bxJ7l0qu?e=pSVn4e

Galaxy64.dll MD5:
ea9b367f8deff7d359ea55020ac81160

GameServicesGOG.dll MD5:
9d0255e82b187c23904f176ce088a55d
Thank you for the files, I have tried them and also tried my own 2.0 versions (they're the same as yours) and I can run the game, but the PL content isn't there, it seems like it's just 2.0, same as if I delete or rename those files. I'm not sure what's different, but still not working for PL for me. :(
dweldon: Thank you for the files, I have tried them and also tried my own 2.0 versions (they're the same as yours) and I can run the game, but the PL content isn't there, it seems like it's just 2.0, same as if I delete or rename those files. I'm not sure what's different, but still not working for PL for me. :(
Oh, that's bizarre, PL was definitely available for me as soon as I swapped to the old .dlls. I wonder if you need to do a full reinstall, or something.
This doesn't do anything to stop the crashes that happen during gamplay, I get them every 10 minutes. My guess is that they are caused by a memory leak.
Revanxv: This doesn't do anything to stop the crashes that happen during gamplay, I get them every 10 minutes. My guess is that they are caused by a memory leak.
Yeah, that's probably something entirely separate. I haven't experienced any crashing during extended gameplay so far, but I haven't really sat down for a long time with it yet.

EDIT: I got a workaround from GOG support that doesn't use any old DLL files, and I updated the original post. You might want to try that.
Post edited September 27, 2023 by pedrovay2003
Just tried this on steam deck, and sadly did not work. (using the files posted in this thread.)

the game is not crashing, so that's good to know. Otherwise, I hope GOG fixes this issue soon, or I am going to get a refund on this. I got the GOG copy specifically as I don't want DRM.
PIPXIll: Just tried this on steam deck, and sadly did not work. (using the files posted in this thread.)

the game is not crashing, so that's good to know. Otherwise, I hope GOG fixes this issue soon, or I am going to get a refund on this. I got the GOG copy specifically as I don't want DRM.
Whoa, seriously? What did the Deck do? I'll have to see if I can get it working on my Deck after work today.

EDIT: I got a different workaround from GOG support, and I updated the original post with it. Try that with the Deck if you can, maybe this will fix it.
Post edited September 27, 2023 by pedrovay2003

schoolofmonkey: Put em up, because I'd love to grab the official dll, I've spend more time stuffing around with this than playing it..
I didnt use the files posted here but I did follow your steps and replaced those 2 files and REDGalaxy64.dll as well. Everything works fine now. Game launches and dlc works. THANK YOU so much
Post edited September 27, 2023 by stinkysack
pedrovay2003: UPDATE: I have a working fix straight from GOG support:

"The developers suggest that using the older .dlls might cause crashes with the game BUT seeing you have not experienced any then that is great (and lets hope it stays that way!)

BUT just in case you run into any further issues you can always try the following workaround instead:

1. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\publishing\x64

2. Create a copy of the “GOG” subfolder next to the original one.

3. Rename the copy of the “GOG” folder to “null”

4. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

and delete the:

GameServicesGOG.dll"

I tried this workaround myself, and sure enough, it makes the game and DLC run perfectly without Galaxy running and without reverting to older DLL files. Maybe *this* one will help with the Steam Deck issues, I hope.
I just tried this out on my Steam Deck and this works for me. Thank You very much!
Massiv: I just tried this out on my Steam Deck and this works for me. Thank You very much!
Excellent, I'm really glad to hear that! I knew we'd get there eventually, ha.
pedrovay2003: I tried this workaround myself, and sure enough, it makes the game and DLC run perfectly without Galaxy running and without reverting to older DLL files. Thanks to user Massiv for confirming that this also fixes the game on the Steam Deck!
I wanna give a big thanks to you, buddy. After using the older DLLs as a fix, this is a better workaround, but really still makes absolutely no sense. I can't say thanks to support either, as we...the community...figured it out before they did. They also probably only responded to a few select people hoping they would post it here in the forums. I mean....I sent tickets immediately upon release. So....I'm stoked that we are playing the game because it actually is pretty fucking cool, but this still reeks of GOG bullshit 100%! Everyone gets the preorder bonus and we had to wait almost a day to get it working. It was not unintentional...the DRM....too convenient. A multi-platform release and all these Twitch drops, etc....yup...it was intentional by all means. They were just banking on the Galaxy users being the biggest buyers of their new products and the old heads probably not even playing the game. Wrong again.
Post edited September 27, 2023 by DemonKiller49
Worked for me!
Just tested this and both fixes seemed to work well, I'll stick with the 2nd one for now.

So just to confirm, can we now play Phantom Liberty with the GoG version on Linux ?