It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tfishell: This is finally fixed in the 2.01 patch?
It's fixed for me too.
Post edited October 05, 2023 by Géraldinou
pedrovay2003: AS OF 2.01, THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN COMPLETELY FIXED. I'LL LEAVE THE ORIGINAL POST BELOW FOR POSTERITY'S SAKE.

-----------------------------

Okay, so, I found a consistent fix for the crashing that happens with the latest update + Phantom Liberty. Be aware that this is probably going to cause you to have to download Phantom Liberty again, so be prepared for a 25GB download.

1. Start GOG Galaxy and go to the Cyberpunk 2077 page in your library
2. Go to the game options, Manage Installation, and Configure
3. Switch the version to 2.0, so your game gets downgraded
4. After the downgrade is finished, go to the installation folder and back up Galaxy64.dll and GameServicesGOG.dll
5. Go back into the Galaxy client, and change the version to the latest one, so the game re-updates itself to the current version
6. Replace the two aforementioned .dll files with the older ones that you backed up from the version 2.0 downgrade
7. The up-to-date game runs perfectly now

I have no programming knowledge, so I can't offer any insight as to what changed, but the .dlls are definitely the culprits. With this fix, you'll have the most updated version of the game, Phantom Liberty working, the game doesn't have to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode, and you won't need to have the Galaxy client running. This should also be an adequate fix for getting the game running in Linux/Steam Deck, since you can just manually replace the .dll files after the game is set up.

(I don't know if it's okay to share official files here, which is why I haven't uploaded my own. It's a lot of extra downloading, but it works.)

EDIT: Eh, screw it, I uploaded the .dlls to my OneDrive. These are official files, it's not like they can be used for anything nefarious, so I don't think GOG will mind.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnxqGoJtnN0GhlvCPgd1bxJ7l0qu?e=pSVn4e

Galaxy64.dll MD5:
ea9b367f8deff7d359ea55020ac81160

GameServicesGOG.dll MD5:
9d0255e82b187c23904f176ce088a55d

UPDATE: I have a working fix straight from GOG support:

"The developers suggest that using the older .dlls might cause crashes with the game BUT seeing you have not experienced any then that is great (and lets hope it stays that way!)

BUT just in case you run into any further issues you can always try the following workaround instead:

1. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\publishing\x64

2. Create a copy of the “GOG” subfolder next to the original one.

3. Rename the copy of the “GOG” folder to “null”

4. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

and delete the:

GameServicesGOG.dll"

I tried this workaround myself, and sure enough, it makes the game and DLC run perfectly without Galaxy running and without reverting to older DLL files. Thanks to user Massiv for confirming that this also fixes the game on the Steam Deck!
So I tried the workaround posted in your second edit - the Non-DLL related one. Tried it and not only do I already have a folder called "null" but I am unable to even launch the game. It says there is an error due to corrupted or missing script file - verify/repair to fix. I've verified/repaired three times and nothing has fixed this. I cannot even play the game, no workarounds seem to help either.
2.01 crashes for me at the logo
down patching to 2.0 fixed the problem for me tho since i never had a crashing problem with 2.0 outside of old mod crashes
i don't have the dlc
robdoggman: So I tried the workaround posted in your second edit - the Non-DLL related one. Tried it and not only do I already have a folder called "null" but I am unable to even launch the game. It says there is an error due to corrupted or missing script file - verify/repair to fix. I've verified/repaired three times and nothing has fixed this. I cannot even play the game, no workarounds seem to help either.
The "null" folder apparently has been added in patch 2.01 but it now also contains an additional folder "additional content" with a file called addonDescriptions.xml. So there should not be any need anymore to delete or rename the DLL file as posted in the workaround. Did you try to just update the game (and DLC if you own it) and not deleting any files before launching it?
Post edited October 06, 2023 by MarkoH01
pedrovay2003: AS OF 2.01, THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN COMPLETELY FIXED. I'LL LEAVE THE ORIGINAL POST BELOW FOR POSTERITY'S SAKE.

Okay, so, I found a consistent fix for the crashing that happens with the latest update + Phantom Liberty. Be aware that this is probably going to cause you to have to download Phantom Liberty again, so be prepared for a 25GB download.

1. Start GOG Galaxy and go to the Cyberpunk 2077 page in your library
2. Go to the game options, Manage Installation, and Configure
3. Switch the version to 2.0, so your game gets downgraded
4. After the downgrade is finished, go to the installation folder and back up Galaxy64.dll and GameServicesGOG.dll
5. Go back into the Galaxy client, and change the version to the latest one, so the game re-updates itself to the current version
6. Replace the two aforementioned .dll files with the older ones that you backed up from the version 2.0 downgrade
7. The up-to-date game runs perfectly now

I have no programming knowledge, so I can't offer any insight as to what changed, but the .dlls are definitely the culprits. With this fix, you'll have the most updated version of the game, Phantom Liberty working, the game doesn't have to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode, and you won't need to have the Galaxy client running. This should also be an adequate fix for getting the game running in Linux/Steam Deck, since you can just manually replace the .dll files after the game is set up.

(I don't know if it's okay to share official files here, which is why I haven't uploaded my own. It's a lot of extra downloading, but it works.)

EDIT: Eh, screw it, I uploaded the .dlls to my OneDrive. These are official files, it's not like they can be used for anything nefarious, so I don't think GOG will mind.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnxqGoJtnN0GhlvCPgd1bxJ7l0qu?e=pSVn4e

Galaxy64.dll MD5:
ea9b367f8deff7d359ea55020ac81160

GameServicesGOG.dll MD5:
9d0255e82b187c23904f176ce088a55d

UPDATE: I have a working fix straight from GOG support:

"The developers suggest that using the older .dlls might cause crashes with the game BUT seeing you have not experienced any then that is great (and lets hope it stays that way!)

BUT just in case you run into any further issues you can always try the following workaround instead:

1. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\publishing\x64

2. Create a copy of the “GOG” subfolder next to the original one.

3. Rename the copy of the “GOG” folder to “null”

4. Go to:

<...>\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

and delete the:

GameServicesGOG.dll"

I tried this workaround myself, and sure enough, it makes the game and DLC run perfectly without Galaxy running and without reverting to older DLL files. Thanks to user Massiv for confirming that this also fixes the game on the Steam Deck!
Been ages since I've replied to a forum, but, got a fix that works for me, just in case it isn't working for some NVIDIA users. I'm running a GTX 1660 Super OC with a Ryzen 7, on the most recent driver updates, it will not work, but, reverting back to 516.94 (from 2022) does work just fine, runs on high, no stuttering 100+fps max like 60min.

Do note, this works with Cyberpunk 2.0, not 2.1, and it's base 2.0, not PHL (haven't tested it, haven't bought the DLC yet). You don't have to deleted folders, modify files, etc., just revert back to old drivers.

Game doesn't crash, still has some minor graphical glitches, menial/insignificant stuff that won't affect your playthrough. Game has yet to crash, have been able to play it steadily for the past week, no prob.

I kept thinking it was the Cyberpunk updates, but nah, it was my drivers, something about NVidia prioritizing updates for newer cards that it sometimes breaks their older ones, or they're not optimized for them.

Either way, give it a shot, hopefully it works for you all too.

Oh, I'd still disable things that could break things, overlays, cross platform saving, etc.