It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All-new Witcher 3 gameplay trailer, pre-orders launch; GOG.com unveils GOG Galaxy, the DRM-Free Online Gaming platform!

All-new The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gameplay footage, pre-order details, and a look at the exclusive content of the collector's edition. GOG.com unveils its upcoming new project taking a next step in the DRM-Free gaming revolution. All that and more in the CD Projekt RED & GOG.com Summer Conference. Watch it right here!
Post edited June 04, 2014 by G-Doc
Fallen_Zen: [..]
p.s: next time, can you also tell us the conference duration please? That ended abruptly :P
i just preordered and am enjoying that sweet, sweet music !
Although I did not get any codes for galaxy/adventure game, only my payback codes and the one for neverwinter.
Tekkaman-James: Two small parts that you missed, which I added. Otherwise, excellent summary!

EDIT: Also the comic book that comes with the GOG-exclusive digital version is a redemption key to use on the Dark Horse Digital Comics service.
IAmSinistar: Thanks, it was the digital map I missed in my hurried typing. I did say "closed beta" in the line above the other one. :)

Cheers, appreciate you catching the missed item!
Seeing as Witcher 3 doesn't come out until February, people could have thought that the keys included were for the full, final version. To avoid confusion, I thought it made sense to list it twice in order to make it clear.
high rated
kellzap: Great announcements! Wild Hunt looks bad ass and I may be per-ordering it. But I'm even more excited for GOG Galaxy!!! I've downloaded and back up all of my games, and I would love to use it for easier organization. (Any dates for release?)

But, I'm extremely disappointed that there was no mention on GOG's endeavors with Linux, since we haven't heard anything about it since March.
We're not forgetting Linux guys. We'll be giving more info later this year.
Galaxy is being done with PC, Mac and Linux in mind.
Wishbone: So, as someone who only caught the very end of the conference, I have to ask: What the hell is Galaxy? An optional DRM free multiplayer client is the impression I get, is that accurate?
Mostly. Additionally, it'll handle updating your games.

Wishbone: And is there a reason that the URL exists (they did say "come join us at gog.com/galaxy), but only shows the normal GOG.com front page?
I typed it in when I saw it for the first time in the video. The link was functional at this time, but the page just had a video and a form to sign up for the multiplayer beta of "The Witcher Adventure Game".
No way to buy CE in Australia I literally want to just stuff $1000 through the monitor and just have it.
whystler2012: I'm disappointed there was no news on the Linux project.
Also I.
Shambhala: Either we both missed it or they didn't announce it.
Fallen_Zen: You didn't miss anything. We're working on it very hard right now. That's why we weren't updating the GOG Downloader recently ;) More info coming this year.
This YEAR!!! Awe... I was hoping for a sooner release date. But hey! That's awesome nonetheless!

Thank you for this. btw. You guys all deserve a lot of credit for what you do, and this is an amazing bonus that you never were required to do in the first place, so again, thank you.
It's purple. I'm sold.
Hi! I've just pre-ordered from Spain, no problem...
But I'm not able to connect with The Wticher's series Forum right now! :(
I'd really like to know if The Witcher 3 will be available on mac - the main website doesn't list it as a platform, but several other websites do.
Shambhala: Either we both missed it or they didn't announce it.
Fallen_Zen: You didn't miss anything. We're working on it very hard right now. That's why we weren't updating the GOG Downloader recently ;) More info coming this year.
Please, please tell me it's not using .NET... please?
jalex3: No way to buy CE in Australia I literally want to just stuff $1000 through the monitor and just have it.
Have u looked around? m keen on CE edition as well
I'm cautiously optimistic about this GOG Galaxy thing (I guess), but other than that I was expecting more gameplay (and not another trailer) of The Witcher 3.

=/
low rated
A client, really? Code that doesn't need to be written IMO. I don't like that I have to run Steam and UPlay sometimes and this is yet more to slow my machine down :/

Copying everybody else is a sure way to become irrelevant. More focus on making older games playable out of the box please!

P.S. For the money & time spent on developing and maintaining the client they could do something like develop a brand new portable engine for running the Tomb Raider I - V games on any hardware, for example. Or put together a branded and supported multi-emulator and sell ROMs.

There's so many better things IMO that could be done instead of a boring client.
Post edited June 05, 2014 by kroc