It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Another FTL clone arrives on gog.

Behold <span class="bold">Space Rogue</span> !!!

But seriously this one looks like a direct copy of the game with a face lift job.
Post edited September 15, 2016 by Matruchus
XYCat: where is it?
PaterAlf: Hey, you're from Christmas Island as well (where the game is obviously banned)? We should meet one day. ;)
yeah, good thing it's christmas here all year long :D
PaterAlf: Hey, you're from Christmas Island as well (where the game is obviously banned)? We should meet one day. ;)
XYCat: yeah, good thing it's christmas here all year long :D
So this game is banned on Christmas Island too? Santa Clause must be very sad!
Matruchus: Another FTL clone arrives on gog.

But seriously this one looks like a direct copy of the game with a face lift job.
Does anybody know if it has a proper save/reload system? That (or rather the lack of it) was what made me not get FTL besides it otherwise hit all other must have spots (space exploration in a customizable big star ship with customizable crew & procedual generated universe).
Matruchus: Another FTL clone arrives on gog.

anothername: Does anybody know if it has a proper save/reload system? That (or rather the lack of it) was what made me not get FTL besides it otherwise hit all other must have spots (space exploration in a customizable big star ship with customizable crew & procedual generated universe).
I kinda liked FTL's concept. Unfortunately I was amazingly disappointed by how much of its gameplay was based on mere luck. Even hardcore "rogues" like [url=https://www.gog.com/game/neo_scavenger ]Neo Scavenger [/url]can be beaten if you think carefully about player decisions. You keep yourself warm and try to find a good weapon and your odds increase imensely.

On FTL, you jump to the wrong system and you miss the "space minigun"... tough luck - you've a 90% chance of being screwed :P
Post edited September 15, 2016 by karnak1
anothername: Does anybody know if it has a proper save/reload system? That (or rather the lack of it) was what made me not get FTL besides it otherwise hit all other must have spots (space exploration in a customizable big star ship with customizable crew & procedual generated universe).
karnak1: I kinda liked FTL's concept. Unfortunately I was amazingly disappointed by how much of its gameplay was based on mere luck. Even hardcore "rogues" like [url=https://www.gog.com/game/neo_scavenger ]Neo Scavenger [/url]can be beaten if you think carefully about player decisions. You keep yourself warm and try to find a good weapon and your odds increase imensely.

On FTL, you jump to the wrong system and you miss the "space minigun"... tough luck - you've a 90% chance of being screwed :P
Ouch :p

I'm too much a carebear. I want to see the whole triology of a movie series, not the heros getting killed by bad luck in 5 min, the new ones just out of the airlock and the third generation.. etc, you get the gist I guess. ;)

Let me be Picard for all 7 seasons please, not just 10 min of the pilot. :)
mobutu: do we have confirmation on that?
Not specifically, it was just a hunch based on previous experience with getting my hopes up for a rumored release, plus as soon as Everspace grabbed the headline of the main page I knew we'd be down one major release...

Though it's now officially missed it's release date, so both 2K and GOG have indeed dropped the ball.
ReynardFox: Not specifically, it was just a hunch based on previous experience with getting my hopes up for a rumored release, plus as soon as Everspace grabbed the headline of the main page I knew we'd be down one major release...

Though it's now officially missed it's release date, so both 2K and GOG have indeed dropped the ball.
We didn't reaaaaaaalllly think it was gonna happen did we? :)
skeletonbow: We didn't reaaaaaaalllly think it was gonna happen did we? :)
I did. I'm still waiting for Bioshock to appear here, and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue.
JMich: I did. I'm still waiting for Bioshock to appear here, and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue.
If it does end up showing up, will you be bioshocked? :)
skeletonbow: We didn't reaaaaaaalllly think it was gonna happen did we? :)
The original has been DRM free for years, we've recently had 2K jump on board and it would have made sense for all involved to release the collection here. While i usually treat most rumored releases with due skepticism, this one carried a plausible logic behind it.
Post edited September 15, 2016 by ReynardFox
ReynardFox: The original has been DRM free for years, we've recently had 2K jump on board and it would have made sense for all involved to release the collection here. While i usually treat most rumored releases with due skepticism, this one carried a plausible logic behind it.
I know, I'm hopeful to see them here also, but more for everyone else's benefit as I own them all on Steam already.
mobutu: do we have confirmation on that?
ReynardFox: Not specifically, it was just a hunch based on previous experience with getting my hopes up for a rumored release, plus as soon as Everspace grabbed the headline of the main page I knew we'd be down one major release...

from what i read this morning, they weren't even allowing streaming of the console version at the moment. if that says anything to me it's that 2k has their drm-shields up and to full effect.
fortune_p_dawg: from what i read this morning, they weren't even allowing streaming of the console version at the moment. if that says anything to me it's that 2k has their drm-shields up and to full effect.
Ugh, that figures.
Anyone know what time EST the games are supposed to drop?

Update: The games go live at 6:00pm EST from what I've been able to determine. Bummer as I'm too tired to wait, need sleeps. :) Will need to poke it tomorrow.
Post edited September 15, 2016 by skeletonbow