It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sniskerbobberton: Haha, too cruel.

Isn't there usually a 'GOG's birthday' sale this time of year? I swear I've purchased games during that kind of sale.
I'm dreaming that happens and GOG is going to bombard us with new surprises like Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft and Microsoft!

...[SOBS]
Maxvorstadt: When is GoGs birthday?
1st August, according to Wiki

Isn't there usually a 'GOG's birthday' sale this time of year? I swear I've purchased games during that kind of sale.
I'm dreaming that happens and GOG is going to bombard us with new surprises like Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft and Microsoft!

...[SOBS]
17.08?
karnak1: 1st August, according to Wiki
Oh, the Wiki page says: July 10, 2008.
karnak1: 1st August, according to Wiki
Maxvorstadt: Oh, the Wiki page says: July 10, 2008.
It was "founded" in July (I suppose it relates to the GOG.TM), while the site itself supposedly was online/lauched in August.
Post edited September 16, 2016 by karnak1
Maxvorstadt: Oh, the Wiki page says: July 10, 2008.
karnak1: It was "founded" in July (I suppose it relates to the GOG.TM), while the site itself supposedly was online/lauched in August.
Hm, but is the launch day the birthday, or the founding day?
*sigh*
karnak1: It was "founded" in July (I suppose it relates to the GOG.TM), while the site itself supposedly was online/lauched in August.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, but is the launch day the birthday, or the founding day?
Good question.
Personally, considering that GOG is essentially an online store, I'd say that its birthday should be the day that the site went online.

It's like a human child, I suppose. We start counting the birthdays not since the day of conception, but since the day the baby comes out of the p***y :)
Hm, when is a companies birthday? The day it`s founded or the day it sells its first good?

...[SOBS]
I thought I read somewhere September, others are saying August and Wikipedia says July?

Looking at an old e-mail I purchased games in early September for GOG's 6th Birthday, so I'm not sure.
Post edited September 16, 2016 by user deleted
Sniskerbobberton: I thought I read somewhere September, others are saying August and Wikipedia says July?

Looking at an old e-mail I purchased games in early September for GOG's 6th Birthday, so I'm not sure.
Okay, then we know:
GoGs birthday is, when Christmas and Easter are on the same day! :-D
Sniskerbobberton: I thought I read somewhere September, others are saying August and Wikipedia says July?

Maxvorstadt: Okay, then we know:
GoGs birthday is, when Christmas and Easter are on the same day! :-D
Haha, yeah :D It seems as if GOG's birthday has been lost to the ages.
Today's the day!

Mirror's Edge or bust!
Will there be a crysis if they release Crysis™ today? :D.Cheers
deja65: Will there be a crysis if they release Crysis™ today? :D.Cheers
Yes, crysis precipitates change
We'll probably get Mirror's Edge today, and maybe some other ea title. And maybe Reings and Sorcerer Kings: Rivals too.

Unfortunately, that means we probably won't have in GOG any of the many promising new releases of today:

- Pavilion
It is a puzzle game portrayed through exploration and audio-visual imagery.
It looks great. I really like isometric games, so this is the one I'm most interested in at first glance. Aparently they messed the steam release up, so it might be delayed.

- The Uncertain
Episodic postapocalyptic first person adventure game.
You never know with this kind of game, but it looks good and promising.

- Sorcery!
Today is the release of the 4th -and I think final- part of Sorcery!. A praised adventure/rpg Inkle adaptation from the gamebook series from Steve Jackson. Inkle had already done a wonderful work with 80 Days, so what are we waiting for?

- Virginia
First person adventure game thriller.

- Red Comrades 2: For The Great Justice
Successful russian point & click adventure saga. We didn't get the english releases of the first one either. It's a 1999 game, rereleased today in english. And just like the Pilot Brother's game, it's a good fit for the store.

- Heroes Of The Monkey Tavern
Real-time dungeon crawler, probably inspired by LOG's success (Codex Thread)

- Klang
Rythm action platformer.
I'm not much into rythm games, but this one has some buzz behind it.
Post edited September 22, 2016 by rgnrk