It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The thrilling survival horror dylogy devised by the legendary creator Shinji Mikami arrives DRM-free on GOG.COM. The Evil Within and The Evil Within 2 are both available with 75% discounts until 23rd April, 1 PM UTC.

Scares do not end there! Also, until 23rd April, 1 PM UTC, you can buy discounted DLCs for the first part of this cult horror series, as well as the special bundle which contains The Evil Within game and all its DLCs. On top of that, be sure to read our editorial about Shinji Mikami and his journey into the horror genre.
Post edited April 16, 2020 by emter_pl
I've watched some reviews and did not buy both titles yet. It seems the 2nd one is fine on PC, the first one seems to be a bad console port which is a pain in the ass to play with keyboard and mouse.

The reviews I've watched did not state if the experience of the first part is better with a game pad on PC.
Post edited April 17, 2020 by Arundir
Does this means we are closer to getting Dark Souls?
I did not enjoy my time with the first game but I've heard good things about the second. Might pick it up before the sale ends.
SLP2000: I applaud Bethesda policy, I remember when ppl here thought no Bethesda game will appear on GOG and now we're just few games short (Rage, Prey & Skyrim) of having all of them here (I'm not talking about the new releases, I do not expect that Bethesda will bring them here day one, but I'd expect them here after two-three years).
+ Commander Keen, FO4, the original Doom 3 + RoE too, and probably a few others that are relatively old. (maybe we should avoid expectations for the Terminator games to show up?) I've asked this previously but what are the odds Skyrim actually shows up since it uses that Creation Club stuff?
Post edited April 17, 2020 by tfishell
karnak1: The minimum specs for EW2 are an "i5-2400", while the minimum for EW1 (stated in the game page) are an "i7 or an equivalent with four plus core processor"... WTF??
It's the engines. The first game uses the notoriously janky idTech 5 engine. The second uses a modified version of the much better idTech 666 engine. The difference in quality is noticeable even on consoles. The PS4 version of EW1 never maintains a steady 30fps while EW2 manages to do so just fine.
SCPM: It does, I get the message when starting the game that the Fighting Chance content is available beginning in Chapter 3.
B1tF1ghter: Please confirm once you reach it.
It is kinda weird tho... You know, it used to be preorder / day 1 edition exclusive and still is on steam...
Yes, on chapter 3 I now have a double barrel shotgun, a poison bolt, an incendiary bolt, a medikit, and 5000 gel added to my inventory.
karnak1: The minimum specs for EW2 are an "i5-2400", while the minimum for EW1 (stated in the game page) are an "i7 or an equivalent with four plus core processor"... WTF??
pbaggers: It's the engines. The first game uses the notoriously janky idTech 5 engine. The second uses a modified version of the much better idTech 666 engine. The difference in quality is noticeable even on consoles. The PS4 version of EW1 never maintains a steady 30fps while EW2 manages to do so just fine.
Thanks for the explanation.
pbaggers: It's the engines. The first game uses the notoriously janky idTech 5 engine. The second uses a modified version of the much better idTech 666 engine. The difference in quality is noticeable even on consoles. The PS4 version of EW1 never maintains a steady 30fps while EW2 manages to do so just fine.
Am I missing something here? I ran TEW2 on both a GTX1060/7700HQ system as well as a RX590/2700X one and in both cases achieving a stable 60FPS was an implausible mess. the Steam forums attested to these optimization issues for a while now to my understanding. They are enjoyable games but the port quality feels... more than just a little questionable to me.

Did GOG do some under the hood clean up for these? That'd be such a relief if so.
Skyrim would be super nice to get here. I have a feeling within 1 more year we might get it or on bethesdas next big event this year we might get something.
DreamedArtist: Skyrim would be super nice to get here. I have a feeling within 1 more year we might get it or on bethesdas next big event this year we might get something.
I too would like to see Skyrim here for folks but I'm not sure Bethesda will agree to bring it unless GOG can integrate the Creation Club in somehow.
DreamedArtist: Skyrim would be super nice to get here. I have a feeling within 1 more year we might get it or on bethesdas next big event this year we might get something.
tfishell: I too would like to see Skyrim here for folks but I'm not sure Bethesda will agree to bring it unless GOG can integrate the Creation Club in somehow.
It's a dated game now unless they want to bring it here after the new scrolls game comes out. they can bring the complete version of the game they had on steam here.
Exceed20XX: Did GOG do some under the hood clean up for these? That'd be such a relief if so.
I doubt GOG did. The game saw some patches for performance before it ever got here.
From reading the comments I'm getting the feeling that the first one has issues that the second game improves on. So my question is whether or not you can skip the first one and still enjoy the story of the second? Or would you miss out on whatever connections they make between the two installments?
theslitherydeee: So my question is whether or not you can skip the first one and still enjoy the story of the second? Or would you miss out on whatever connections they make between the two installments?
You will miss certain things, like tech backstory and character details regarding Sebastian and his family and Kidman and her role in the wider scope of the game's world.

I'd say it's worth finding a digest version on YouTube than actually playing it, but I personally do not care for the first game (though I do like Masafumi Takada's score for it, so it's not all bad).

They're both written by different people though and it shows - not in a "these people forgot x detail" sense but in how they approach their central plots in each game. I think the guy who wrote the screenplay for Deadgirl (aka the surreal "imprison a zombie woman to use as a sex slave" film) worked on the sequel.
Post edited April 17, 2020 by TheMonkofDestiny
Great news, thanks Bethesda.