It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Paris suffers under the bloody rule of King Louis XVI and his automatons. Join Aegis, the queen’s mechanical bodyguard, on a quest to save the French Revolution.
Genre: Action, Adventure, RPG

The game's premiere is also a great occasion to check other alternate history games available on GOG. For example, check , a breathtaking RPG set in a fantasy world inspired by the Renaissance period. Also, check [url=https://www.gog.com/game/bioshock_infinite]BioShock Infinite and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus for bone-chilling variations of modern times.
A bit disappointing that there's no French voice-over apart from the odd injected exclamation here and there.
I know it's not cheap, especially if you want some recognisable voice talent/famous actors (e.g. Jean Reno or Vincent Cassel for the the male characters) but not having the option to play an alternate take on the French Revolution with the appropriate language is definitely a missed opportunity for even better immersion.

Hopefully something can be done about that in the future, and maybe it could be added alongside the release of the expansion.
Arinielle: I'm kinda surprised this isn't a game that people have up and started streaming since it tends to happen with some new games that seem to explode in interest. If it gets more positive comments and reviews. Has news of this game just been really quiet for a long time to not gain interest or something? Hardly nobody is streaming it or people that I look to be talking about it haven't said a word.
The most obvious and simple explanation is that Nacon doesn't have the budget to advertise the game everywhere and pay streamers and influencers as Bandai Namco does.

Nowadays with the right advertising you can sell anything, then at most complaints arise if the product falls far short of expectations, but meanwhile it has sold millions of copies.
This is the MINIMUM GPU?

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 6 GB

Are you crazy?
MarkoH01: This is the MINIMUM GPU?

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 6 GB

Are you crazy?
And it doesn't run well on that. The settings are completely misguided. There isn't a PC that can run full Ultra Maxed settings at 4K. And over 40GB of the DL is the ultra textures. Gsme is 26GB otherwise.
Linko64: bit of a difference between making a game easier through building (i.e faith builds) and having the option to turn off damage, either way, Steelrising just isn't that good, the assisted modes makes it so you may as well be watching a Playthrough
wolfsite: You say that like people are forced to use them, they are tools and like all tools you can either use them to make things easier or not.

Been playing for a while without any assistance and overall it is a good game in this genre.
Given I keep saying 'options' i really do not. Think you might need assist options for my posts at this point mate
Post edited September 11, 2022 by Linko64
paladin181: And it doesn't run well on that. The settings are completely misguided. There isn't a PC that can run full Ultra Maxed settings at 4K. And over 40GB of the DL is the ultra textures. Gsme is 26GB otherwise.
Sounds to me like a poorly optimized game ... which also is only aiming at high end PCs. I could run CP2077 in 1080p in pretty high settings on my 1060 ... and just because some ultra high textures (I probably won't even notice much on my small monitor) they need such a good GPU to run on mnimum? I guess I should not even put this on my wishlist then.
wolfsite: You say that like people are forced to use them, they are tools and like all tools you can either use them to make things easier or not.

Been playing for a while without any assistance and overall it is a good game in this genre.
Linko64: Given I keep saying 'options' i really do not. Think you might need assist options for my posts at this point mate
I'm pretty much certain you are just unable to reply to someone without insulting them.

Your posts clearly show you are not happy that the game has the ability the make itself easier.
Linko64: Given I keep saying 'options' i really do not. Think you might need assist options for my posts at this point mate
wolfsite: I'm pretty much certain you are just unable to reply to someone without insulting them.

Your posts clearly show you are not happy that the game has the ability the make itself easier.
Please do not go off-topic in another thread Wolf, it is disrespectful. Your constant failure to understand posts is not the issue of others. Critique over a key selling point of the game is basic. Hope this clears things up for you my guy
Can say the game does improve once you get access to the carriage and can explore other areas, later maps are a bit more open as well as varied in visual design.

Right now my main criticism is that bosses I have encountered so far are quickly re-used as regular or major enemies rather quickly which lessens there impact a bit.
Swedrami: Indeed.
Do yourself a favour and immediately sell the Charleville 1789 Shield Musket at the next Vestal once you get it, you're definitely better off without it.
Well I will say, the Charleville becomes far less effective once you leave Les Invalides. Then Nemesis claws and fans are downright broken for their ability to counter parry (and with a module you get in the Tuileries, you can heal 10% on every counter) and the ability to build up immobility (modules to heal in critical hit, and restore 50% of your endurance on immobilizing). You become an immortal counter/stun machine, and if you use the Franklin Claws to inflict Fulmination (electric stun) and slow enemies down, then switch over to counter attacks, and you'll barely need Oil Burettes.
wolfsite: Can say the game does improve once you get access to the carriage and can explore other areas, later maps are a bit more open as well as varied in visual design.

Right now my main criticism is that bosses I have encountered so far are quickly re-used as regular or major enemies rather quickly which lessens there impact a bit.
Every boss you face is a mini boss, except for specific ones. You'll know the ones.
Post edited September 11, 2022 by paladin181
wolfsite: I'm pretty much certain you are just unable to reply to someone without insulting them.

Linko64: Please do not go off-topic in another thread Wolf, it is disrespectful. Your constant failure to understand posts is not the issue of others. Critique over a key selling point of the game is basic. Hope this clears things up for you my guy
Well you proved me right in any case thank you for that.

Also fully adjustable difficulty is not a key selling point, if it was it would be splashed all over the store page however it is not even mentioned.
Swedrami: Indeed.
Do yourself a favour and immediately sell the Charleville 1789 Shield Musket at the next Vestal once you get it, you're definitely better off without it.
paladin181: Well I will say, the Charleville becomes far less effective once you leave Les Invalides. Then Nemesis claws and fans are downright broken for their ability to counter parry (and with a module you get in the Tuileries, you can heal 10% on every counter) and the ability to build up immobility (modules to heal in critical hit, and restore 50% of your endurance on immobilizing). You become an immortal counter/stun machine, and if you use the Franklin Claws to inflict Fulmination (electric stun) and slow enemies down, then switch over to counter attacks, and you'll barely need Oil Burettes.
wolfsite: Can say the game does improve once you get access to the carriage and can explore other areas, later maps are a bit more open as well as varied in visual design.

paladin181: Every boss you face is a mini boss, except for specific ones. You'll know the ones.
Looking forward to this then, thanks for the info.
Post edited September 11, 2022 by wolfsite
Wow, 65GB? That's big.
pferreira1983: Wow, 65GB? That's big.
As per post 34, there is a single file, the ultra texture pack, that accounts for 2/3 of this. Sadly, they didn't release it as a separate DLC, which they absolutely should have.
pferreira1983: Wow, 65GB? That's big.
paladin181: As per post 34, there is a single file, the ultra texture pack, that accounts for 2/3 of this. Sadly, they didn't release it as a separate DLC, which they absolutely should have.
Thanks, I didn't see.
Actual 18th century "automat" Spiders may or may not have been inspired by for Steelrising:

Schachtürke (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_Turk)

"The Turk, also known as the Mechanical Turk or Automaton Chess Player (German: Schachtürke, lit. 'chess Turk'; Hungarian: A Török), was a fraudulent chess-playing machine constructed in the late 18th century. From 1770 until its destruction by fire in 1854 it was exhibited by various owners as an automaton, though it was eventually revealed to be an elaborate hoax. Constructed and unveiled in 1770 by Wolfgang von Kempelen (1734–1804) to impress Empress Maria Theresia of Austria, the mechanism appeared to be able to play a strong game of chess against a human opponent, as well as perform the knight's tour, a puzzle that requires the player to move a knight to occupy every square of a chessboard exactly once.

The Turk was in fact a mechanical illusion that allowed a human chess master hiding inside to operate the machine. With a skilled operator, the Turk won most of the games played during its demonstrations around Europe and the Americas for nearly 84 years, playing and defeating many challengers including statesmen such as Napoleon Bonaparte and Benjamin Franklin. The device was later purchased in 1804 and exhibited by Johann Nepomuk Mälzel. The chess masters who secretly operated it included Johann Allgaier, Boncourt, Aaron Alexandre, William Lewis, Jacques Mouret, and William Schlumberger, but the operators within the mechanism during Kempelen's original tour remain a mystery."
Post edited September 14, 2022 by Swedrami