It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Paris suffers under the bloody rule of King Louis XVI and his automatons. Join Aegis, the queen’s mechanical bodyguard, on a quest to save the French Revolution.
Genre: Action, Adventure, RPG

The game's premiere is also a great occasion to check other alternate history games available on GOG. For example, check , a breathtaking RPG set in a fantasy world inspired by the Renaissance period. Also, check [url=https://www.gog.com/game/bioshock_infinite]BioShock Infinite and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus for bone-chilling variations of modern times.
Can't wait to try this later. I've been enjoying the Demo.
Just noticed there is a DLC coming in November. Won't be getting the game until then then. Don't want to run into the same issue as I did with Greedfall, where I'd already long finished the game when it got its DLC.
Post edited September 09, 2022 by idbeholdME
So did anyone buy it? Experiences? Looks pretty neat (not sure my rig can run it though). At the price point - minimum end of a PC game over here at around $70 AUD AND seemingly 67GB install.Its a bit much if its only installed for
Post edited September 09, 2022 by Niggles
Had it pre-ordered and therefore access to the beta, which was very good I thought. Also, even at that stage surprisingly polished and "unjank" for a Spiders game.

Can't say how it compares to the From Software titles, since those have yet to arrive here but a couple things that stood out for me:
- bit slower and more methodical combat-wise than, for example Thymesia (in addition to managing your endurance meter you also have to pay attention to not overheat which briefly renders you unable to attack)
- quite varied arsenal with some really creative weapons for different approaches to combat
- very intriguing alternate history "Clockpunk" setting with some really imaginative design on the opposing automats
- overall very visually pleasing (to me at least) aesthetic, like in the attire you can put on Aegis

Looking forward to dive in once downloading those 18 offline installers is done.
Been playing for a bit and overall it is a pretty good souls style game while having it's own style.

Visually distinct, you can identify enemies easily once you are familiar with them, controls are good and responsive, Spiders did a really good job on this game.

I do like that there are mild stealth elements, nothing major but you can sneak up on enemies and strike them for either instant kills or a high critical you can easily combo into.
I'm kinda surprised this isn't a game that people have up and started streaming since it tends to happen with some new games that seem to explode in interest. If it gets more positive comments and reviews. Has news of this game just been really quiet for a long time to not gain interest or something? Hardly nobody is streaming it or people that I look to be talking about it haven't said a word.
Arinielle: I'm kinda surprised this isn't a game that people have up and started streaming since it tends to happen with some new games that seem to explode in interest. If it gets more positive comments and reviews. Has news of this game just been really quiet for a long time to not gain interest or something? Hardly nobody is streaming it or people that I look to be talking about it haven't said a word.
It'd not that good to be fair, only thing it really does that is worth speaking of is adding options to make the game easy e.g. enemies do no damage. I'm sure those options will appeal to some people
What are DLC1 and DLC3? They have no identifier. I'm sure it's preorder content, but I don't know which is what, and where is DLC2?
It's weird...

... I love Spiders' games...

... the era of the French Revolution...

... and Greedfall was almost GREAT...

... but...

... just not "feeling it" with Steelrising.

Lone wandering / fighting a la Dark Souls is just something I'm not looking for from Spiders. I enjoy the team AI dynamic more.

Will certainly pick this up... but in time, not initial release.
Linko64: It'd not that good to be fair, only thing it really does that is worth speaking of is adding options to make the game easy e.g. enemies do no damage. I'm sure those options will appeal to some people
Considering how some people whined that Elden Ring is too easy, I am pretty sure those same options will not appeal to some other people.
Linko64: It'd not that good to be fair, only thing it really does that is worth speaking of is adding options to make the game easy e.g. enemies do no damage. I'm sure those options will appeal to some people
Mafwek: Considering how some people whined that Elden Ring is too easy, I am pretty sure those same options will not appeal to some other people.
bit of a difference between making a game easier through building (i.e faith builds) and having the option to turn off damage, either way, Steelrising just isn't that good, the assisted modes makes it so you may as well be watching a Playthrough
Mafwek: Considering how some people whined that Elden Ring is too easy, I am pretty sure those same options will not appeal to some other people.
Linko64: bit of a difference between making a game easier through building (i.e faith builds) and having the option to turn off damage, either way, Steelrising just isn't that good, the assisted modes makes it so you may as well be watching a Playthrough
You say that like people are forced to use them, they are tools and like all tools you can either use them to make things easier or not.

Been playing for a while without any assistance and overall it is a good game in this genre.
Linko64: bit of a difference between making a game easier through building (i.e faith builds) and having the option to turn off damage, either way, Steelrising just isn't that good, the assisted modes makes it so you may as well be watching a Playthrough
I might agree with you saying Steelrising isn't that good (I presume you meant as Elden Ring) since it's very hard to top From Soft when soulsborne "genre" is considered, since even a game as crappy as Dark Souls 3 beats many games from many other "genres". That said, my primary problem with this game is premise and a setting, meaning they do not appeal to me at all, as such I can't enjoy this game even if I may personally find the gameplay alright.
wolfsite: You say that like people are forced to use them, they are tools and like all tools you can either use them to make things easier or not.

Been playing for a while without any assistance and overall it is a good game in this genre.
The real easy mode is freeze rifle -> spin-2-win. I have to stop myself from using that.
wolfsite: You say that like people are forced to use them, they are tools and like all tools you can either use them to make things easier or not.

paladin181: The real easy mode is freeze rifle -> spin-2-win. I have to stop myself from using that.
Indeed.
Do yourself a favour and immediately sell the Charleville 1789 Shield Musket at the next Vestal once you get it, you're definitely better off without it.