It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
MarkoH01: a long time ago they actually did.
Remember when we had an "enigmatic quote/hint" every now and then + actually eagerly awaited every new classic game release? :P So do I, but those times are long gone, my friend. This is not "Good Old Games" any more, it's just GOG.com.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
chandra: Dear GOG community!

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Like you looked into Devotion?
trynoval: It's a horrible symptom that people are so afraid to use their main accounts for simply telling obvious and harmless truth. Afraid for their legally owned game collections. Current atmosphere here is beloved store and community for many years have turned into Orwellian State.
Well, all anger aside - but to stay fair. There really is no need to be afraid of losing your games. Afaik this never happened on GOG at all.
high rated

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Strange, the concerns of the "gamers" prevented Devotion from being available on your store. Now instead of upholding that attitude, you silence our voices so you can appease IO's public relations. Double standards much?
can we hit 1000 posts by days end?!

What, what, what??? "You will remove gamers reviews"... Really, this piece of garbage, sorry, "Hitman game" deserve only to go bundled FOR FREE with some / all games that Gamers will buy in gog store!!!
Post edited September 24, 2021 by LifeLover
high rated

It’s not review bombing to give a low rating and state that features of the game are not available in the expected format. That is a meaningful review of the software as currently provided. Review bombing is giving a bad review for something not relevant to the game. This is just as valid as giving a poor review for bugs in a game.
Sr. Chalice: you see this is the road I don't like going down, because you damn well know steam is a DRM platform and the publishers/developers make teh decision whether or not to use steam as a downloader or a DRM platform. MOST GAMES and most AAA games on Steam are DRM locked. No one cares about a damn indie foo foo game. Cut the garbage man, I can't stand you steam Whore$. I never lied about anything or mislead anyone, these are known facts about steam and is why we are here on GOG. You knew what the Op meant but you wanna be wanna of those people, typical STEAM Wh*re.
Syphon72: Look's like some people don't like the truth about steam. Yours and my post got a low rating. haha
Just FYI The post you quoted was not just an attack or information about Steam - it also attacked a GOG user personally calling him "Steam Whore", so I am not surprised that this got downrated tbh. On the other hand lately it is hard to distinguish all those bots from true opinion.
high rated
As GOG continues down this road, I increasingly turn to other stores. Itch and Steam, at least, don't try to feed me a line of bull.

Seriously, I want to enthusiastically throw money at a DRM-free GOG, but I have to research every release to make sure that there isn't some half-baked compromise. The so-called "curation" is proven to be a sham by placing a crippled Hitman onto the shelves.

I would like to support GOG without reservation, but the GOG I cared about is fading.
I am attempting to make GOG to fully understand the gravity of the situation on a Polish forum topic.

Looking at the response above and what was said on the Polish topic, I have an impression that it doesn't seem the staff realizes what is actially going on. Some users were bringing up a review on "how to unlock all" from GogColonel which is not true nor unlocks all and is misleading as it turns out. I truly hoped I would find a way to fix it, really, but this GOTY DLC does not work as it should work.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by liara42
low rated
Longcat: Who hurt you?
Asks the guy who wants his money back for his purchases from the last 12 years.
Pure comedy gold.
low rated
Syphon72: Look's like some people don't like the truth about steam. Yours and my post got a low rating. haha
MarkoH01: Just FYI The post you quoted was not just an attack or information about Steam - it also attacked a GOG user personally calling him "Steam Whore", so I am not surprised that this got downrated tbh. On the other hand lately it is hard to distinguish all those bots from true opinion.
Agree, calling him whore was little personal. Do you really think people are bots or just trolls?
high rated
Krooked_: I don't know what they have to "look into". The game has a huge portion of its content locked behind an online requirement and it's being sold here, on a supposedly DRM-free store and I very much doubt they weren't aware of these issues. Either fix the issues or remove the game altogether. It's really that simple.
"Look into" is GOG-speak for "do nothing until people forget about it".

It worked countless times in the past, for example:
- "look into recovering the thousands of lost private messages" when they moved from PM to Chat
- "look into keeping regional pricing limited to new games" when introducing regional pricing
- "look into returning GOGmixes" when these were removed

All signs show that it will work again here.
high rated
BreOl72: But these drama princesses are never satisfied, no matter what.
Not a drama queen (I guess) but did I miss that there's already a reason to be satisfied again? If there hasn't been a solution yet, I guess it is perfectly understanding why those you call names still are complaining, don't you think?
high rated
BreOl72: Well, but you certainly agree, that GOG had the option of simply ignoring/deleting the 1-star reviews, while still changing nothing? Nowhere is it stated that it was the review bombing that "changed" minds in GOG's HQ.
Sorry but joppo is correct. A genuine "review bomb" is unfair downvoting of a game due to reasons other than the game, (eg, usually one of the developers going on a rant about politics on Twitter). "This game has DRM'd content" on a game that has DRM'd content isn't a "review bomb" at all, just a normal accurate review. That it's triggering some people to feel angry about reading that many negative reviews complaining about DRM on a DRM-Free site is classical cognitive dissonance (psychological stress that arises from having ones beliefs challenged, ie, "I can't believe it's DRM. It can't happen on GOG. They must all be wrong"). I don't want to believe it's happening either, but here we are...

Likewise, suddenly deciding to "review" bad language on Hitman whilst plenty of other reviews such as "I pirated this game and quit after 1-2 hours because its so damn generic and awfully designed" on Bioshock Remastered still stand is painfully obvious that the sudden deleting negative reviews has little to do with "review guidelines" and more "panicked damage control" of trying to skew the score up without making it look too obvious.

BreOl72: But that's the problem, isn't it? You guys are pissed off by literally EVERYTHING!
Whose fault is that?... Out of date games, the sheer scale of the 2nd class citizen thread, missing Linux builds, missing DLC vs Steam, missing soundtracks, buggy offline installers deliberately left buggy for two years to encourage the use of Galaxy, having to maintain lists of DRM in "DRM-Free" games, having to maintain lists of developers likely to abandon their games, tech support / customer service response times increased from hours to months, increasing online gating of content of post 2016 games, uneditable reviews, clunky forums, etc. People are pissed off over a lot because there's a lot to be pissed off about, and never before has a company managed to get almost everything wrong in such a short space of time to the extent "post modern GOG" is almost a completely different company to the pre-Galaxy GOG of old. Shooting the messenger will not make the message go away.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by BrianSim