It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
low rated
Syphon72: I don't think offline installers are going anyway.
trynoval: They will gone on this curve. Have you seen how GOG Galaxy is all over the place in your library, while offline installer is a small option you need to dig for?
If you are downloading the offline install from Galaxy, makes sense seeing it all over the place. You can still use the website to download offline installers. No sure why you're complaining about seeing Galaxy while using it.

if GOG removes the offline installers, I'll just leave simple as that.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by Syphon72
joppo: ...without them addressing whatever made us pissed off.
BreOl72: But that's the problem, isn't it? You guys are pissed off by literally EVERYTHING!
I do think some users are sort of looking for small reasons to get angry at GOG and self-pity (and enjoy being angry, at least on the forum), but in this case I think it's justified - if the majority of the single-player content needs to use the internet, that's a big problem.

I wonder if GOG is under contractual obligations to keep the game up for now. I guess they could try to convince IO to take the game down. If that's the case, I suppose we can be angry that they are likely not even actively trying to take the game down.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by tfishell
high rated
chandra: Dear GOG community!

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Well, WE (i.e. your customers) will not tolerate the release of a clearly DRMed game on what is supposed to be a DRM-free store.

I call on you to do the right thing and remove the offending game from sale, IMMEDIATELY. It should not continue to be sold on this store until all of the DRM has been removed.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by Time4Tea
high rated
joppo: ...without them addressing whatever made us pissed off.
BreOl72: But that's the problem, isn't it? You guys are pissed off by literally EVERYTHING!
That's a disgustingly dishonest thing you're trying, shifting the blame onto the customers.

THEY screwed up by allowing a heavily DRM'd game into the (supposedly) DRM-free store.

All this outrage you're seeing here is direct pushback against their major f*ckup. THEIR F*CKUP.

Stop defending them. They're like a restaurant trying to pass shit in lieu of the usual food, and you're the one saying it's alright, everyone should have some in their plates from now on.
high rated
chandra: At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Right... and while we are open to DRM-free releases, with a penchant for classics, we will not tolerate games which breach our definition of "DRM-free" and won't be purchasing such titles, even if you insist on listing them :P.

Krolm makes me stronger! :P
Post edited September 24, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
joppo: That's a disgustingly dishonest thing you're trying, shifting the blame onto the customers.

THEY screwed up by allowing a heavily DRM'd game into the (supposedly) DRM-free store.

All this outrage you're seeing here is direct pushback against their major f*ckup. THEIR F*CKUP.

Stop defending them. They're like a restaurant trying to pass shit in lieu of the usual food, and you're the one saying it's alright, everyone should have some in their plates from now on.
well sounds like he is trolling
the last thing is to blame customers expectations for this
dunno who could do that seriously , oh no customers expect drm-free games on a supposed to be 100% drm-free store
high rated
chandra: At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Thank you for saying that you will be moderating the reviews. There is a 5-star review titled "You can have NO DRM" which goes on to say "everything unlocked", this appears to be either fake or simply incorrect. As you're moderating some of the reviews, I believe you now have to moderate all of them.

It is indeed possible to play offline with no DRM at all and with everything unlocked.
You just need to :
- Download and install the GOTY patch (6 Mo)
- Start the game offline OR refuse the IO user agreement. It will warn you that you will be offline and that's it !

So please do not rush to conclusion without trying or asking for help in the forums. This game is amazing, and I wasn't expecting it to reach GOG.
Enjoy it with no DRM and everything unlocked ;)
low rated
tfishell: I do think some users are sort of looking for small reasons to get angry at GOG and self-pity (and enjoy being angry, at least on the forum),...
Oh, there's no question about that.
tfishell: ...but - if the majority of the single-player content needs to use the internet, that's a big problem.
Of course it is - I wrote so in my very first comment in this thread. And later again.

But these drama princesses are never satisfied, no matter what.
It's always the end of the western civilization for them - no matter what.

I swear, if we would all live together in a small town with a nice little town square in the middle, these guys would find someone new to burn at the stake, every single day of the week.
They don't do it below that anymore.

I sit here, laughing my ass off.
There are people in this thread that call themselves gamers with full pride, and they don't get, that, whenever anyone outside this "community" of "likeminded" hears the word "gamer", the first picture that comes to their mind is probably this: https://youtu.be/q8SWMAQYQf0?t=10
joppo: That's a disgustingly dishonest thing you're trying, shifting the blame onto the customers.

Orkhepaj: well sounds like he is trolling
dunno who could do that seriously , oh no customers expect drm-free games on a supposed to be 100% drm-free store
Yup, he definitely admits to be just trolling two posts after yours. Good to know he can be just ignored from now on.
high rated
I don't know what they have to "look into". The game has a huge portion of its content locked behind an online requirement and it's being sold here, on a supposedly DRM-free store and I very much doubt they weren't aware of these issues. Either fix the issues or remove the game altogether. It's really that simple.
tfishell: I do think some users are sort of looking for small reasons to get angry at GOG and self-pity (and enjoy being angry, at least on the forum),...
BreOl72: Oh, there's no question about that.
tfishell: ...but - if the majority of the single-player content needs to use the internet, that's a big problem.
BreOl72: Of course it is - I wrote so in my very first comment in this thread. And later again.

I swear, if we would all live together in a small town with a nice little town square in the middle, these guys would find someone new to burn at the stake, every single day of the week.

There are people in this thread that call themselves gamers with full pride, and they don't get, that, whenever anyone outside this "community" of "likeminded" hears the word "gamer", the first picture that comes to their mind is probably this: https://youtu.be/q8SWMAQYQf0?t=10
Who hurt you?
BreOl72: Oh, there's no question about that.
BreOl72: Of course it is - I wrote so in my very first comment in this thread. And later again.

I think this is a legit reason to be upset over. But will agree some people overact on GOG forms. Some of the hate I see for GOG is crazy compared to other storefronts that have done a lot worse.

Orkhepaj: well sounds like he is trolling
Eh you'd be surprised how many will do that .. Basically as the saying goes ''never underestimate the power of human stupidity '' as in this case thier is plenty of people who will do the kind of thing you think is trolling from iether company/brand loyalty or sunken cost concept where they put money into something or alot of time into something and so they will defend something like this from not willing to admit its bad from the ''sunk cost'' scenario
high rated
BreOl72: Ignored doesn't mean unread/unheard. As GOG employees have mentioned already at countless occations, here in the forum.
This does not make GOGs policy of not saying anything at all untill the sh*t hits the fan any better. Their silent treatment always is a slap in the face of each customer and just "knowing" or "assuming" that GOG might listen to our feedback and maybe even ACT accordingly simply does not cut it. When it comes to communication with their user base they are terrible. Any feedback is better than none and most shitstoms GOG experienced could have been avoided simply by listening and understanding their userbase AND SAY SOMETHING to reassure them that they understand and that they are wiling to help - a long time ago they actually did.
high rated
Oh, I see that GOG finally decided to use their infamous "we will look into it" special move. (:

Unfortunately, it's just damage control. Nothing will be done.

I've already stopped counting how many times I've heard this phrase.