It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
From MaGog's logs for 14 January:

The currency exchange update deployed today by GOG (http://www.gog.com/forum/general/local_prices_update/post252) has obviously changed the US$ prices of all regionally-priced games. The full list of all the changes is very long so I attach it as a file for those of you interested (rename the file from jpg to txt to read it). ALL THE PRICES LISTED ARE IN US$.

Here are some highlights:
- Double Dragon Trilogy [Upcoming], which was previously more expensive than US in DE,PL,CH,CZ,NO,SE, is now cheaper than US in those regions (as well as in GB) -- [IAmSinistar: this needs to move to the "cheaper" thread list]

- Gods Will Be Watching: Special Edition [Premium] is now regionally priced only in GB,RU,UA, whereas previously it was in DE,GB,PL,RU,UA,CH,CZ,NO,SE -- probably through a coincidence that resulted in the regional EU price being exactly the same as the US one

- Grim Fandango Remastered [Upcoming], is now regionally ("cheaper") priced in AU,DE,GB,PL,RU,CH,CZ,NO,SE, whereas previously it was only in AU,GB,RU,
[A similar trend can be seen in many of the Mount & Blade games/DLCs, and a few other games]

- Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition [Upcoming] and Pillars of Eternity: Champion Edition [Premium] [Upcoming] are now regionally priced also in NO and SE (now cheaper than US, previously same as US).

- Generally speaking the prices of all the regional games are now cheaper in US$ than before for all regions, except RU, where it is now (relatively) more expensive than before (again, in US$). Here are the changes in price difference percentages (the numbers refer to the two rightmost columns in MaGog's Table VIII, which you should know by now):

NOTE! CHANGED REGION AU FIELD pct_only: -3.6% ***TO*** -5.3%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION AU FIELD pct_all: -2.2% ***TO*** -3.3%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION BR FIELD pct_only: -25.6% ***TO*** -25.8%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION BR FIELD pct_all: -15.1% ***TO*** -15.7%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION CH FIELD pct_only: +18.1% ***TO*** +10.1%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION CH FIELD pct_all: +14.6% ***TO*** +8.5%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION CZ FIELD pct_only: +8.1% ***TO*** +0.3%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION CZ FIELD pct_all: +7.0% ***TO*** +0.2%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION DE FIELD pct_only: +18.6% ***TO*** +10.5%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION DE FIELD pct_all: +16.0% ***TO*** +9.3%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION GB FIELD pct_only: +17.7% ***TO*** +13.8%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION GB FIELD pct_all: +16.1% ***TO*** +12.4%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION NO FIELD pct_only: +18.2% ***TO*** +8.1%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION NO FIELD pct_all: +13.6% ***TO*** +6.8%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION PL FIELD pct_only: +5.3% ***TO*** -2.1%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION PL FIELD pct_all: +4.6% ***TO*** -1.9%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION RO FIELD pct_only: +24.8% ***TO*** +16.7%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION RO FIELD pct_all: +1.5% ***TO*** +1.0%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION RU FIELD pct_only: -78.1% ***TO*** -72.4%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION RU FIELD pct_all: -77.4% ***TO*** -71.8%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION SE FIELD pct_only: +18.7% ***TO*** +8.6%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION SE FIELD pct_all: +14.9% ***TO*** +7.7%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION UA FIELD pct_only: -49.9% ***TO*** -51.2%
NOTE! CHANGED REGION UA FIELD pct_all: -30.3% ***TO*** -32.1%

Note that Poland (PL) switched from being a more expensive region to being a cheaper one. EU Central Europe (CZ) is almost there too.

And finally, the regional prices of the newly-announced Royal PITA:
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_au: undef ***TO*** 84.09
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_br: undef ***TO*** 64.99
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_de: undef ***TO*** 97.89
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_gb: undef ***TO*** 102.69
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_pl: undef ***TO*** 75.39
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_ru: undef ***TO*** 21.99
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_ua: undef ***TO*** 30.99
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_ch: undef ***TO*** 97.89
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_cz: undef ***TO*** 75.39
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_no: undef ***TO*** 84.19
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_ro: undef ***TO*** 89.99
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium], reg_price_se: undef ***TO*** 84.19
Attachments:
mrkgnao: - Double Dragon Trilogy [Upcoming], which was previously more expensive than US in DE,PL,CH,CZ,NO,SE, is now cheaper than US in those regions (as well as in GB) -- [IAmSinistar: this needs to move to the "cheaper" thread list]
Thanks, I'll get that added. What a sorry mess this whole pricing scheme is.
mrkgnao: - Double Dragon Trilogy [Upcoming], which was previously more expensive than US in DE,PL,CH,CZ,NO,SE, is now cheaper than US in those regions (as well as in GB) -- [IAmSinistar: this needs to move to the "cheaper" thread list]
IAmSinistar: Thanks, I'll get that added. What a sorry mess this whole pricing scheme is.
Yeah it sure is. At this point I think even steams fixed pricing policy is better than this since the game prices don't change constantly.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Matruchus
IAmSinistar: What a sorry mess this whole pricing scheme is.
This is what Nordic Games was referring to when most people made them out to be the bad guy while undermining GOG's decision of introducing this pricing scheme.
I don't know if this is the right thread for this but... where did the prices in GB pounds end up? I can't see the option any more, only USD and EUR. Is it a bug or have they actually been removed as an option?
stg83: This is what Nordic Games was referring to when most people made them out to be the bad guy while undermining GOG's decision of introducing this pricing scheme.
Possibly. I wonder though why Nordic won't put back their old games with regional prices and that's that... Soon it won't matter anyway...
Gan_HOPE326: I don't know if this is the right thread for this but... where did the prices in GB pounds end up? I can't see the option any more, only USD and EUR. Is it a bug or have they actually been removed as an option?
There should still be an option for £. Something must have probably glitched.
From MaGog's logs for 15 January:

NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Champion Edition [Premium] [Upcoming], reg_price_ru: $15.39 ***TO*** $30.99
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition [Upcoming], reg_price_ru: $11.69 ***TO*** $24.99
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium] [Upcoming], reg_price_ru: $21.99 ***TO*** $44.99

Interesting.
mrkgnao: Interesting.
Very interesting indeed, the price is being doubled for only this game in particular or are the others also similarly increased?
mrkgnao: Interesting.
stg83: Very interesting indeed, the price is being doubled for only this game in particular or are the others also similarly increased?
Only this game. Apparently the lower prices were wrong.
mrkgnao: Only this game. Apparently the lower prices were wrong.
Yeah, it sure seems like that is the case. They were extraordinarily low even by RU standards before and Paradox was quick to fix it accordingly.
mrkgnao: Only this game. Apparently the lower prices were wrong.
stg83: Yeah, it sure seems like that is the case. They were extraordinarily low even by RU standards before and Paradox was quick to fix it accordingly.
Either that or they picked up on all that chatter about folks using proxies to buy...
IAmSinistar: Either that or they picked up on all that chatter about folks using proxies to buy...
Yeah, I was actually thinking about that as well not that they didn't dig this hole for themselves by introducing the ridiculously priced edition in the first place.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by stg83
IAmSinistar: Either that or they picked up on all that chatter about folks using proxies to buy...
Another explanation is that they probably decided to increase the price thanks to the tremendous devaluation that the ruble has suffered. The base game's price on Steam is currently the old GOG's price and I suspect that it will change there accordingly.
Grargar: Another explanation is that they probably decided to increase the price thanks to the tremendous devaluation that the ruble has suffered. The base game's price on Steam is currently the old GOG's price and I suspect that it will change there accordingly.
Did the value drop enough to justify a doubling of the price? Not that justification is really the right word, since we still can only speculate on what metrics they use to set the prices in the first place.