It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's sadly not on gog.
The villain is a human scientist. If you beat him enough to foil his moon plan, he wears a robot suit to try and beat the crap out of you. He has a goatee and has some white/gray hair on the sides a bit like mr. fantastic. He also has a scar on his right eye.
Post edited July 29, 2015 by Elaborigen
Not sure if I'll be able to check this thread in some time, so here goes a hint that will hopefully make it quite easier to guess.

It's the videogame version of a card game.
Elaborigen: Not sure if I'll be able to check this thread in some time, so here goes a hint that will hopefully make it quite easier to guess.

It's the videogame version of a card game.
Sentinels of the Multiverse?
Yes!

I'm glad I didn't break the game.

The game is really awesome, I wish it was in GOG.
My village was destroyed by less-than-subtle assassins who were sent to kill me, but I showed them! With a fire poker! Yeah!
Bf died though so that was sad...
Anyways off to the big city to seek my fortune and kill the big-bad now...
Oh and it turns out that I'm death's daughter too, it's been a funny few days really...
Fever_Discordia: My village was destroyed by less-than-subtle assassins who were sent to kill me, but I showed them! With a fire poker! Yeah!
Oh and it turns out that I'm death's daughter too, it's been a funny few days really...
Venetica! I've never played it, just heard about it before, is it good? :)

Also I've never heard of Sentinels of the Multiverse, cool! It's always great when card games have video games, esp. when they're good. I like the original art, but parts of it look just too much like beginner art, that it's not entirely polished. Is that an artistic choice?
Fever_Discordia: My village was destroyed by less-than-subtle assassins who were sent to kill me, but I showed them! With a fire poker! Yeah!
Green_Hilltop: Venetica! I've never played it, just heard about it before, is it good? :)

Also I've never heard of Sentinels of the Multiverse, cool! It's always great when card games have video games, esp. when they're good. I like the original art, but parts of it look just too much like beginner art, that it's not entirely polished. Is that an artistic choice?
Yes and yes Venetica IS good, very good, very good for a game you hardly ever hear people talk about anyway...
Fever_Discordia: Yes and yes Venetica IS good, very good, very good for a game you hardly ever hear people talk about anyway...
Oooh nice! I might play it then eventually.

Alright, here's my turn - Often when we sail I hear sea shanties being sung. It's great, I love sailing the Scorpion Reef and fishing out tresure chests and bottles with messages in them out of the sea.
The artwork is Sentinels is an artistic choice. I think it tries to be like old comics, without actually looking like any comic in particular.
In one of the expansions that is not yet in the videogame, there is a character based on deadpool that actually has a different and more polished artstyle.

Back to the game, is it actually taking place in the present (so most of the thing is a simulation) or in the past?
Elaborigen: The artwork is Sentinels is an artistic choice. I think it tries to be like old comics, without actually looking like any comic in particular.
In one of the expansions that is not yet in the videogame, there is a character based on deadpool that actually has a different and more polished artstyle.

Back to the game, is it actually taking place in the present (so most of the thing is a simulation) or in the past?
Makes sense!

It's set in the past. Here's another hint: I'm a starting out pirate captain who aims high, however his personality isn't exactly clever or noble at first from my (the player's) point of view. He becomes the protége of another famous (or famous-to-be) pirate captain.
Green_Hilltop: It's set in the past. Here's another hint: I'm a starting out pirate captain who aims high, however his personality isn't exactly clever or noble at first from my (the player's) point of view. He becomes the protége of another famous (or famous-to-be) pirate captain.
Is it Assassins' Creed IV: The Black Flag?
Green_Hilltop: It's set in the past. Here's another hint: I'm a starting out pirate captain who aims high, however his personality isn't exactly clever or noble at first from my (the player's) point of view. He becomes the protége of another famous (or famous-to-be) pirate captain.
Charon121: Is it Assassins' Creed IV: The Black Flag?
Nope, but you're close!
If it's DLC for that game, I'm afraid I haven't played any of them...
Is it one of the 'Risen' games? they're piratey aren't they?
Charon121: If it's DLC for that game, I'm afraid I haven't played any of them...
It's not a DLC.
Fever_Discordia: Is it one of the 'Risen' games? they're piratey aren't they?
Nope! But otherwise yes, Risen are piratey. :)

You have this wonderful immersive view in the game where you sail with your ship across the ocean as well as a tactical view where you can go and quickly sail wherever you want by dragging the icon of your ship around on the map of the area you're in and you can see all the various missions on it too (which you see in immersive view as well, btw).
Post edited August 08, 2015 by Green_Hilltop