It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

To provide our community with the best possible experience both on GOG and GOG GALAXY is one of our strongest driving forces. We’ve brought some new changes and enhancements into the latest GOG GALAXY Update to take one step further to achieve it! Let’s see what they are.

When logging into the GOG GALAXY you’ll most likely notice that the “Report a bug” option is no longer there. And that’s very much intentional. We’re improving our tickets submission system so that it can be quicker, more efficient and better address any issues that our community may encounter. From now on, if you’d like to report any bugs feel free to do so by using the “Get support” option. You can access it in its original location, which is by clicking the gear icon in the upper left corner and finding it just below the “Share feedback”.

We pay very close attention to any issues you report and attach high importance to resolving them as quickly as we can (thus the submission system changes). We know that one of such issues was a reported problem of nested context menus (like tag selection list) not being scrollable. We are happy to say that we’ve managed to fix it and it should work as intended!

Latest update has also fixed the issues preventing GOG GALAXY (2.0.60 and onward) from updating – so you’re not missing out on any improvements – as well as problems with game installations sometimes failing after resuming. We’ve also made significant changes to the underlying network stack and that means you should be able to experience reduced CPU usage or faster downloads!

There’s even more goodness within the update so make sure to check it out and let us know how you like it!
Johnathanamz: So far they respond to me with my criticism and do not ignore me.
wolfsite: They completely dismissed me even claiming I had no games on my account when I had at least eight.

I would also suggest looking up the Alakhine's Gun insident as the owner of Zoom had meltdown on social media, they take things way too personally.

If I had to choose between Zoom and A DRM platform I would take the DRM platform ad I would at least get some professionalism from the staff.
The sheer irony and hypocrisy of you saying Zoom personnel take things way too personally when your anecdotal experience has, evidently, resulted in your criticizing the store nearly every time it happens to come up in discussion here. You do you, but I value function over "optics." Zoom react like actual human beings which in my experience has been personal support with pleasant back and forth talk, and yes, on the flipside, perhaps an emotional sort of outburst in regard to that one game. Meanwhile GOG staff half the time are like robots spitting out a printout that says "just use Galaxy." If people like you keep trying to shout down Zoom while GOG pushes Galaxy, before long you probably won't have to go far to reach "a DRM platform".
high rated

The sheer irony [...]
The only irony here is that this is yet another hijacked news thread to advertize a different store.

It is 100% off-topic.
Post edited March 01, 2023 by foad01

The sheer irony [...]
foad01: The only irony here is that this is yet another hijacked news thread to advertize a different store.

It is 100% off-topic.
False, amigo. Discussion in this topic is about user experience and support (tickets submission system) and users offered comparison/contrast to the user experience/support a different store (Zoom). If GOG cared to listen to us, they would consider such feedback and try to figure out what they could do better in relation to competitors, as well as what edges they may have over competitors.

At no point did anyone say "here's the link to buy X game over there!" or anything of the sort. In fact users, including yourself judging from the "Zoom Platform = spam" tagline (I'm flattered you copied my formatting) have made unnecessary emotional outbursts about the platform which is highly ironic in the one specific user's case given that his whole reason for disliking them seems to be an alleged emotional outburst from the head person there.

In terms of user experience, I would say DRM-free is paramount. In practice, doing things like releasing offline installers on time and making sure games don't have secret Galaxy/online requirements (recently discussed re: Cult of the Lamb) will naturally eliminate some tickets that would have otherwise been submitted.
high rated
wolfsite: They completely dismissed me even claiming I had no games on my account when I had at least eight.

I would also suggest looking up the Alakhine's Gun insident as the owner of Zoom had meltdown on social media, they take things way too personally.

If I had to choose between Zoom and A DRM platform I would take the DRM platform ad I would at least get some professionalism from the staff.
rjbuffchix: The sheer irony and hypocrisy of you saying Zoom personnel take things way too personally when your anecdotal experience has, evidently, resulted in your criticizing the store nearly every time it happens to come up in discussion here. You do you, but I value function over "optics." Zoom react like actual human beings which in my experience has been personal support with pleasant back and forth talk, and yes, on the flipside, perhaps an emotional sort of outburst in regard to that one game. Meanwhile GOG staff half the time are like robots spitting out a printout that says "just use Galaxy." If people like you keep trying to shout down Zoom while GOG pushes Galaxy, before long you probably won't have to go far to reach "a DRM platform".
Got to love people that resort to name calling because a person had a bad experience at a store they like. Also love how you phrase things to attack GOG essentially contradicting your attack.
high rated
foad01: The only irony here is that this is yet another hijacked news thread to advertize a different store.

It is 100% off-topic.
rjbuffchix: False, amigo. [...]
Wrong. It started with this off-topic post

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_update_were_improving_our_tickets_submission_system_731ba/post15

which has nothing to do with "GOG GALAXY Update: we’re improving our tickets submission system!". Without this post there wouldn't be an unnecessary off-topic discussion about this store in this thread.

Edit: And as you can see it continues below:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_update_were_improving_our_tickets_submission_system_731ba/post51
Post edited March 02, 2023 by foad01
Johnathanamz: So far they respond to me with my criticism and do not ignore me.

Well Zoom is trying to make multiplayer of the video games sold on their store 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

I think gog.com needs to learn a lesson from this.
At least for now they are replying fast to tickets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And this is the thing that I really wanted: with this you know they are looking into resolving your issues, which wasn't possible on the old bug tracker, since I've never seen anyone replying to my tickets
high rated

Johnathanamz: Well Zoom is trying to make multiplayer of the video games sold on their store 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

Most of there games are older games that use TCP/IP that never required clients or have LAN functions that can be made online through easy third party programs, you are essentially congratulating them for something that was already there and needed no work to implement.
Johnathanamz: Well Zoom is trying to make multiplayer of the video games sold on their store 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

wolfsite: Most of there games are older games that use TCP/IP that never required clients or have LAN functions that can be made online through easy third party programs, you are essentially congratulating them for something that was already there and needed no work to implement.
They just released Earth 2150 a few weeks ago and has no CD Key requirement where as the Steam and gog.com versions do.
high rated
wolfsite: Most of there games are older games that use TCP/IP that never required clients or have LAN functions that can be made online through easy third party programs, you are essentially congratulating them for something that was already there and needed no work to implement.
Johnathanamz: They just released Earth 2150 a few weeks ago and has no CD Key requirement where as the Steam and gog.com versions do.
You do realize this can be seen as advertising another store, you could have easily PM'd that.

Regardless though my main reason for not using the site is the poor treatment I received through support and the unprofessional behaviour the staff have consistently shown through both support and social media.
Sadly in a world where GOG/devs/pubs frequently require Galaxy functionality, another store "doing nothing" to old games that contain palatable forms of multiplayer still comes out ahead on the DRM-free ledger. Trying to remember...is it Aliens vs Predator here on GOG where the original game had LAN but the release here requires Galaxy?

Edit: I bet my former downvoters are seething not being able to make my comments here low-rated. Be mad, fellas.
Post edited March 02, 2023 by rjbuffchix
Johnathanamz: They just released Earth 2150 a few weeks ago and has no CD Key requirement where as the Steam and gog.com versions do.
wolfsite: You do realize this can be seen as advertising another store, you could have easily PM'd that.

Regardless though my main reason for not using the site is the poor treatment I received through support and the unprofessional behaviour the staff have consistently shown through both support and social media.
Hey Steam allows me to mention gog.com in the reviews for video games, Zoom allows me to mention gog.com and Steam.

We need more freedom of speech, not less.
high rated
Johnathanamz: Hey Steam allows me to mention gog.com in the reviews for video games, Zoom allows me to mention gog.com and Steam.

We need more freedom of speech, not less.
And that's true, but this is not the right place to talk about it, that's it.