It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
cyboff: I found where the problem was for me - it was because I was downloading other games... once all downloads were finished, it started to update Telepath Tactics ... but no update for Hotline Miami 2 yet, and on Kerbal library page it says "UPDATES NOT MANAGED BY GOG GALAXY", can't "verify/repair", only "show folder" or "uninstall" is possible...
BKGaming: That probably means there letting the built in updater do the updating then rather than Galaxy itself, click More than launcher. That sucks though because the launcher is horrible and has completely broken for me.
there is patch 1.0.2 for download in "web" shelf, as usual... just Galaxy refuses to update it for me
BKGaming: That probably means there letting the built in updater do the updating then rather than Galaxy itself, click More than launcher. That sucks though because the launcher is horrible and has completely broken for me.
cyboff: there is patch 1.0.2 for download in "web" shelf, as usual... just Galaxy refuses to update it for me
Yea I know I'm just saying Kerbal has a built in updater, there probably wanting you to use that instead of Galaxy based on the message your getting. I just got that message, and am right now using the built in updater to see if that works.

EDIT: Well I would check, but the dang launcher is stuck in an endless "Checking for Updates" loop... yea if Galaxy doesn't handle this, I'm not going to like this very much. :(
Post edited May 05, 2015 by BKGaming
Does anybody know what the folder for Alan Wake is called when installed through Galaxy, please?

I've imported it as an existing installation but it wants to update by downloading the entire 9.2Gb game and the install keeps sticking around 99% due to an as yet unresolved issue.
LynetteC: Does anybody know what the folder for Alan Wake is called when installed through Galaxy, please?

I've imported it as an existing installation but it wants to update by downloading the entire 9.2Gb game and the install keeps sticking around 99% due to an as yet unresolved issue.
The first one? Just "Alan Wake" without quotes...
LynetteC: Does anybody know what the folder for Alan Wake is called when installed through Galaxy, please?

BKGaming: The first one? Just "Alan Wake" without quotes...
Thanks BKGaming. That's what mine is called but I found the game mentioned in Case 1377 that suggests there's a slight difference between the standalone folder name and the Galaxy one causing the entire install to be downloaded which is what is happening to me.

It's just as well I have pretty much unlimited downloading as I've tried at least three times now to update this game, not to mention the countless attempts to install other games that just keep hanging for hours.

UPDATE
I decided to try again to run the latest installer and patch over the top of my existing game (I did this whe I imported it to Galaxy the first time I installed it) and sure enough, Galaxy decided it only needed a small update when I restarted it. It looks like the icon wasn't the only thing that disappeared when I uninstalled the client!
Post edited May 05, 2015 by LynetteC
BKGaming: The first one? Just "Alan Wake" without quotes...
LynetteC: Thanks BKGaming. That's what mine is called but I found the game mentioned in Case 1377 that suggests there's a slight difference between the standalone folder name and the Galaxy one causing the entire install to be downloaded which is what is happening to me.

It's just as well I have pretty much unlimited downloading as I've tried at least three times now to update this game, not to mention the countless attempts to install other games that just keep hanging for hours.
I think the installer called it something slightly different and I changed it, but "Alan Wake" is indeed the correct folder name for Galaxy as I have in installed and I just checked. I don't believe the download was that large for me.

If you have unlimited downloading though, I recommend not trying to import rather just doing a clean install from Galaxy. Not sure what is up with the 99% issue but I've seen a few people mention this issue. Never seen it myself.
Maybe I missed this, been working a lot, but how do you get on the alpha list?

Z.
I'm having trouble importing installed games. I get an error saying "Cannot locate installed game files", or whatever that error says, when I try to import Witcher 2.
Hello, i have a question and i was wondering if anyone had an answer. I like to back up the executables of games and when i use GOG Galaxy i dont see the executable in the folder i set to download to. Will executable downloads be available with GOG Galaxy in the future?
gibbeynator: I'm having trouble importing installed games. I get an error saying "Cannot locate installed game files", or whatever that error says, when I try to import Witcher 2.
The Witcher games haven't been updated for Galaxy yet it appears. Hopefully that will happen soon though.
zabrin: Maybe I missed this, been working a lot, but how do you get on the alpha list?

Z.
By reading the very first message in this thread, it contains all of the details of the alpha test, how to apply, what to expect, and what is expected from testers. Hope this helps.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by skeletonbow
gibbeynator: I'm having trouble importing installed games. I get an error saying "Cannot locate installed game files", or whatever that error says, when I try to import Witcher 2.
skeletonbow: The Witcher games haven't been updated for Galaxy yet it appears. Hopefully that will happen soon though.
zabrin: Maybe I missed this, been working a lot, but how do you get on the alpha list?

Z.
skeletonbow: By reading the very first message in this thread, it contains all of the details of the alpha test, how to apply, what to expect, and what is expected from testers. Hope this helps.
The Witcher games are supported by Galaxy, this is probably due to the naming issue with folder names. Witcher 2 is one of the games were you got to rename the folder.

vole_echo: Hello, i have a question and i was wondering if anyone had an answer. I like to back up the executables of games and when i use GOG Galaxy i dont see the executable in the folder i set to download to. Will executable downloads be available with GOG Galaxy in the future?
You can download the standalone installer by clicking on the game name in library view, clicking on more and then download extra's. The standalone installer should support Galaxy meaning when you install it that way Galaxy should recognize the game after installation.
skeletonbow: The Witcher games haven't been updated for Galaxy yet it appears. Hopefully that will happen soon though.

By reading the very first message in this thread, it contains all of the details of the alpha test, how to apply, what to expect, and what is expected from testers. Hope this helps.
BKGaming: The Witcher games are supported by Galaxy, this is probably due to the naming issue with folder names. Witcher 2 is one of the games were you got to rename the folder.

vole_echo: Hello, i have a question and i was wondering if anyone had an answer. I like to back up the executables of games and when i use GOG Galaxy i dont see the executable in the folder i set to download to. Will executable downloads be available with GOG Galaxy in the future?
BKGaming: You can download the standalone installer by clicking on the game name in library view, clicking on more and then download extra's. The standalone installer should support Galaxy meaning when you install it that way Galaxy should recognize the game after installation.
I see it now on the extras. thank you for the information.
BKGaming: The Witcher games are supported by Galaxy, this is probably due to the naming issue with folder names. Witcher 2 is one of the games were you got to rename the folder.

You can download the standalone installer by clicking on the game name in library view, clicking on more and then download extra's. The standalone installer should support Galaxy meaning when you install it that way Galaxy should recognize the game after installation.
Either way, the current Witcher and Witcher 2 downloadable installation packages once installed do not get picked up by Galaxy and that is a bug in the packaging. Neither of them have manifest files in their installation directories when I look in them, and my local packages were freshly downloaded just prior to installing so they're current.

I'm not actually trying to manually make the games work by hacking configs or renaming directories though, just indicating that neither of those two games as-is in the current packaging get picked up by Galaxy if they're installed manually. So while what you suggest should work, for me at least does not work. That's not a problem for me as the games themselves run fine when launched outside of Galaxy, I'm just providing some "doesn't work" feedback for the alpha process though. :)

skeletonbow: Either way, the current Witcher and Witcher 2 downloadable installation packages once installed do not get picked up by Galaxy and that is a bug in the packaging. Neither of them have manifest files in their installation directories when I look in them, and my local packages were freshly downloaded just prior to installing so they're current.

I'm not actually trying to manually make the games work by hacking configs or renaming directories though, just indicating that neither of those two games as-is in the current packaging get picked up by Galaxy if they're installed manually. So while what you suggest should work, for me at least does not work. That's not a problem for me as the games themselves run fine when launched outside of Galaxy, I'm just providing some "doesn't work" feedback for the alpha process though. :)
Then just means then that the standalone installers haven't been updated yet with the Galaxy manifest and other files. Any game that shows up in the Galaxy library is Galaxy supported though, so those games are supported by Galaxy. Renaming the folder just makes it so the games are named the same as on Galaxy repositories so Galaxy can recognize them because on a few games they didn't keep the same naming structure between how the standalone installer names them and how Galaxy names them.
LynetteC: Thanks BKGaming. That's what mine is called but I found the game mentioned in Case 1377 that suggests there's a slight difference between the standalone folder name and the Galaxy one causing the entire install to be downloaded which is what is happening to me.

BKGaming: I think the installer called it something slightly different and I changed it, but "Alan Wake" is indeed the correct folder name for Galaxy as I have in installed and I just checked. I don't believe the download was that large for me.

If you have unlimited downloading though, I recommend not trying to import rather just doing a clean install from Galaxy. Not sure what is up with the 99% issue but I've seen a few people mention this issue. Never seen it myself.
Unfortunately, what started out as an intermittent problem is now affecting every game that I try to install, so clean installs via Galaxy are not really an option for me at the moment. I recently left realMyst Masterpiece Edition for 15 hours at 99.9% befoe giving up and cancelling it. The same with Alan Wake, it would not go past 99%. I eventually gave in and used my downloaded installer and patch on that one which fixed the update issue even though I'd done exactly the same thing weeks ago when I first started to encounter the problem. I also had to do the same thing with The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

I logged a case on mantis on 31 March about this and it was only acknowledged this week after I posted a note on a duplicate case that is assigned to the same tech. Apart from that, I haven't heard anything, despite my uploading different sets of logs and new notes.

I have now found two more logged case on mantis that appear to be the same issue, so it's not just me having this problem, although mine seems to be the most extreme as I haven't been able to install anything for weeks.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by LynetteC