It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The patch comes with some cool additional content you should definitely look into:

No place like home(s)
Wanna spruce up your Megabuilding digs? Now you can give your place a complete makeover! And if you’re going for a completely fresh look, there are four new apartments waiting for you in Night City. Kick your feet up in a new neighborhood, enjoy a hot cup of coffee, check out your stash, and more.

Mirror, mirror on the wall…
You can now tweak certain features of your appearance (such as hair, makeup, piercing, etc.) when using the mirror in any of your apartments and safehouses. It’s free and you can do it as often as you like. Character customization also includes more makeup and hair color options. Who's the fairest of them all, now?

There are also other important changes to the game that require your attention:

Reassigning Perk Points and Clothing Mods
Perks have been improved and the Cold Blood progression tree has been reworked, as well as the rules governing clothing mods. As a result, all the Perk points you spent, and Clothing mods were reset. You can reassign them for free in their respective menus.

Finally, the gameplay has also been improved in many smaller yet important details:

Fixer gigs
V now has standing with fixers throughout Night City. New fixer gigs will appear gradually in sets as your standing increases, and a fixer will offer you another set of gigs only after the previous set is completed in a given district.
Completing all the gigs for a fixer will earn you a special reward (excluding Mr. Hands - sorry, he just doesn't like you, choom.) To see the progress of your standing with a fixer, hover over their icon on the map screen and check the completed gigs.

Weapon and economy balancing
Experiment and find the best way to defeat your enemies, while doing your gigs for more eddies than ever before!

Map improvements
Various map usability improvements have been added. They're related to resizing icons, adding new tooltips and filters. This includes a dynamic filter based on zoom level as well as a custom filter that can be configured by the player.

Story and interactions
New text messages will give you more opportunities to interact with your romantic partner.

Rejecting holocalls
You can now reject holocalls that are not crucial to the main storyline – you will receive a text message instead. You can also mute holocalls in the Settings menu.

Improved driving
Introducing our all-new Burn Out Mode! Hold Gas + Brake to engage, steer to rotate. The old system only allowed rotating on the spot, now try modulating the inputs to see what you can do! Try brake stands, donuts, drifts or heat up the tires to do a drag-race style launch with a High Grip boost.

Traffic and crowd behavior
Traffic is now smoother and more realistic. Drivers now react more believably to traffic events, such as bumps and crashes, and will panic in dangerous situations. Crowds move more fluidly and react more believably to your actions. So if you go looking for trouble, you’ll probably find it!

Improved stability and performance
Among many other changes, there is an addition of AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) 1.0 algorithm, replacing Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (CAS). Now you can also use a benchmark mode.

Of course, that's not all! You can find more information in the detailed Patch 1.5 change list.
Johnathanamz: *snip*
Do not be manipulated by the noise of public opinion please. What Hello Games does is nothing but the absolute baseline on how most software developers threat their stuff for about half a century.

Just look at Linux for instance, which is a widely publically known thing. A lot of systems in place there are literally newer versions of stuff where the first line was code was written in the early 90s. Car manufacturers use slightly updated code based on other code based on other code, all within the same storage space, causing 99% of the bloat and errors.

Then are are open source browsers that are iterated upon previous versions. The ride really never ends with these.

What I mean is, its all software (Games, your browser, your operating system and even your BIOS) is based on previously available and established codebases. That many gamers think of this as something new and revolting really is weird to me only because it all boils down to public perception. All the devs do was "lets tread this game like any normal software and not just a video game" basically. NMS release was intentionally bad, because due to the office flood of I think was 2015 which caused everything to get lost. Which also means everything was haphazardly put as a foundation and then slowly iterated upon. So what you see with NMS is just just what you can see with Linux and perhaps even windows nowadays.

Even Amiga gamecompanies shipped new floppies with updated software, at least some companies did. Most treated software as most game devs did obivously, because there weren't many/any ways to get your hands on the newest game as most were distributed through cardridges and floppies were treated very similarly. Once production increases the first people who thought "wait, floppies litterally cost less than a cent, are lightweight and its easy to copy stuff on them, why don't we package updated games and ship it to costumers so they always have the newest version?" Those people were the real pioneers.

I'd say since we life in a society where data is mostly exchanged digitally, more and more game devs realize that we're not stuck in ye olde cardridge times.
low rated
The patch notes and blurb do not mention removal of DRM mechanisms, sadly.
Johnathanamz: If CD Projekt RED ever does add multiplayer to Cyberpunk 2077 in the future I seriously hope they never sell microtransactions and give away the items for FREE in patches, like they are doing now and sell the expansion packs instead like I said in my comment.
warmachine2k: Ya know it doesn't have to be some grandiose gtaonline-like service, if they do it i hope it's more like a "make your own server and let as many people on as your servers able to handle" kind of multiplayer.....
Anyone remember the Multiplayer function for VTM:Redemption? You could set up as a GM, create a story and have players join.

Never used it, mostly because its was a huge job to set up, but something like that would be great
Nice to see more fixes comming.

Maybe I should have gotten it over the Epic store when it was 50% off there, since I still have a 50 BRL coupon there, but there's no hurry to get it now, even though I'm tempted.
Ganni1987: As long as some content requires Galaxy to unlock I will refrain from ever buying this game.
novumZ: Is there a way for CDPR to Include this with off-line installers soon?
There is no logical reason why they couldn't have included it with offline installers from launch.

There are several games on this store where cosmetic content is available as an offline installer.

Utterly disappointing that they, apparently, refuse to remove the DRM gate from content.
Johnathanamz: Do not ever add a multiplayer ever. I love playing Cyberpunk 2077 all by my self without any other human beings. Not every single video game in existence needs multiplayer or Co-op. Adding multiplayer will probably make CD Projekt RED also want to sell microtransactions in Cyberpunk 2077 as well.
What do you think the original idea was behind having "My Rewards" where users have to be logged in to the client to access content? Using deductive reasoning: To prep for more incursions including microtransactions.

CDPR did not hide the idea that they would want to sell microtransactions:

Cyberpunk multiplayer/online, which is a separate project, will have some microtransactions, but we said that a year ago already. Like always, expect us treating your money with respect.
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1303053206600253442

Fortunately, since then, it appears maybe the multiplayer has been cancelled:
Example
https://www.techradar.com/news/cyberpunk-2077s-multiplayer-game-has-been-cancelled

However, what I would call the rotten ambitions that led to wanting it in the first place are likely still active:
Example
https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-reconsidered-possibly-delayed-or-cancelled

From reading the latter article, it seems plans would be to have a focus on "online community" which naturally would include GOG Galaxy as the focus of everything. It's so outrageously one-sided at this point that I feel GOG would have judged Galileo as a heretic for refusing to believe that GOG Galaxy is the center of the universe.
Post edited February 15, 2022 by rjbuffchix
This list actually sounds pretty underwhelming. I can see how it can be big deal for console players. For PC, how much time will I spend in any of the new apartments, or redesigning the current one? 30 minutes if I'm overly generous. New weapons and cars? I was already spending way too much time trashing existing weapons for components. And driving around on Jackie's bike, because it was the only vehicle in game that felt usable. They are saying "[...] number of free DLCs", but any of the changes weren't important enough to actually get it's own DLC entry in galaxy, or separate download. No new zones or stories, few secret quests, QoL changes (I admit some of them DO sound nice, but not DLC material).

On the other hand, I felt it was pretty good game before the patch. Maybe my bar is just way too low, so... yay for another incremental update. High time it got some real expansion, blood&wine style.

TheGrimLord: The only thing I don't like about these patches are that they're so large you might as well just download the whole damn game again. According to Open World Games, the patch is 60gb, which if I recall correctly is the size of the game installed. So here we go, 29 files on the work wifi because I&m not using my data on this shit. Haha!
Galaxy download was slighly below 50G (49.7, or 47.9, or... similar number). It doesn't change what you wrote too much, just thought to clarify the number.
low rated
Mr.Mumbles: Eh. I'll still wait for the final Enhanced Edition/Director's Cut. So maybe in another year or two?
I'm holding out until 2077.

Fraxx0r: Kicking at a dead horse pleases you...

What the hell?
What is it you think you're going to find?
Hypocrite

Boredom sets into the boring mind

Metallica already knew it all in 1991...
Metallica? Seriously? LMAO!!!

tremere110: Hopefully CDPR can pull a No Man’s Sky and make this game into something amazing.
And pigs will one day fly... ;p
Post edited February 16, 2022 by mad_men_only
russellskanne: -still no real police chases
Which is a shame, them teleporting in was funny the first few times, then it got sad. :/
And frustrating.
huan: This list actually sounds pretty underwhelming. I can see how it can be big deal for console players. For PC, how much time will I spend in any of the new apartments, or redesigning the current one? 30 minutes if I'm overly generous. New weapons and cars? I was already spending way too much time trashing existing weapons for components. And driving around on Jackie's bike, because it was the only vehicle in game that felt usable. They are saying "[...] number of free DLCs", but any of the changes weren't important enough to actually get it's own DLC entry in galaxy, or separate download. No new zones or stories, few secret quests, QoL changes (I admit some of them DO sound nice, but not DLC material).

On the other hand, I felt it was pretty good game before the patch. Maybe my bar is just way too low, so... yay for another incremental update. High time it got some real expansion, blood&wine style.

TheGrimLord: The only thing I don't like about these patches are that they're so large you might as well just download the whole damn game again. According to Open World Games, the patch is 60gb, which if I recall correctly is the size of the game installed. So here we go, 29 files on the work wifi because I&m not using my data on this shit. Haha!
huan: Galaxy download was slighly below 50G (49.7, or 47.9, or... similar number). It doesn't change what you wrote too much, just thought to clarify the number.
I'm using the offline installers. I haven't used the galaxy client in ten years.
Mmmm, speaking of those mirrors...

Nice to see in the patch notes that Win7 is still semi-officially supported for a while yet. I will definitely be sure to make backup copies.

Question for interested parties: I'm running W7 with an Nvidia 10 series graphics card and still (as of 1.3) get fairly frequent GPU driver crashes that seem to always happen when in the presence of reflective surfaces. Randomly during gameplay, and very frequently in cutscenes like the Act 1-2 interlude where Johnny appears and later when V bangs on his apartment window. Pretty sure the DX12 API is trying to call into some nonexistent functionality...any word on whether this was addressed in 1.5 and/or might be investigated? Turning graphics all the way down helps slightly but doesn't really resolve the situation.
Post edited February 16, 2022 by NovusBogus
low rated
huan: This list actually sounds pretty underwhelming. I can see how it can be big deal for console players. For PC, how much time will I spend in any of the new apartments, or redesigning the current one? 30 minutes if I'm overly generous. New weapons and cars? I was already spending way too much time trashing existing weapons for components. And driving around on Jackie's bike, because it was the only vehicle in game that felt usable. They are saying "[...] number of free DLCs", but any of the changes weren't important enough to actually get it's own DLC entry in galaxy, or separate download. No new zones or stories, few secret quests, QoL changes (I admit some of them DO sound nice, but not DLC material).

Galaxy download was slighly below 50G (49.7, or 47.9, or... similar number). It doesn't change what you wrote too much, just thought to clarify the number.
TheGrimLord: I'm using the offline installers. I haven't used the galaxy client in ten years.
Really? lol
This is good news. So glad to get some of these small additions to a pretty good game. I'm still pissed about the misleading hype machi3ne, but I like what the game is and is becoming.
That's looks great!
Why on earth would you "drastically reduce" the amount of loot that can be found in the environment? This doesn't enhance the immersion at all. All it does is take away the sense of freedom which is vital to an open world rpg experience. I'm pretty unsatisfied with this patch to be honest. In fact, it really is a reason to stop playing the game now. It's ruined. At least for me. Looting is an important part of exploring.
Post edited February 16, 2022 by Katzapult
Cmon CDPR, ....there is no way how to untrack quests ...even in this big patch you were not able to provide us with this option

Also the map. I welcome the filter and its custom mode, but why on earth I cannot turn off the yellow exclamation marks if I can turn off literally everything except those?