It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Elder Scrolls. Quake & Doom. Fallout. Alright.

Welcome, Bethesda, to our pantheon of all-time classics!
Today, we're happy to start a blooming new partnership with Bethesda Softworks, one that brings an impressive lineup of their unforgettable games to our DRM-free platform, and plenty of guts and nuclear smiles to our faces.

We're teaming up to release some of the greatest hits from the Bethesda vault, some DRM-free for the first time ever. Eleven new arrivals include The Elder Scrolls and two digital-distribution premieres, totally retro id Software shooters, plus the long-awaited return of the Fallout franchise! To make the day even sweeter, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall will be added to your game shelf entirely for free when you buy any Bethesda game.

<span class="bold">The Elder Scrolls</span>, perched high up among the most famous video-game worlds ever created, are now DRM-free and updated for your modern computer - you can purchase all three to receive a 33% discount.:
--The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition.
--The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Arena - FREE with any Bethesda purchase.
--The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - FREE with any Bethesda purchase, too.

Megahit <span class="bold">id Software</span> first-person shooters join the fray - also 33% off if you grab all three:
--Quake including Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2
--The Ultimate DOOM
--DOOM II + Master Levels for Doom II + Final DOOM

And last we find that goodbyes are not forever (and that war never changes). <span class="bold">Fallout</span>, the premiere post nuclear role playing game franchise is finally back on GOG.com! Save 66% if you complete your collection in one purchase.
--Fallout
--Fallout 2
--Fallout Tactics

The bundle promos end on Wednesday, September 2, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:
We'll be showing off many of these fresh and returning releases on our Twitch channel! Follow us (or track our dedicated streaming Twitter) to not miss 'em!
You did it once again---this is what to call a big surprise!
Wouldn´t thought it would be possible to get Bethesda on here...

I wouldn´t mind if the recent additions/returns of publishers would lead to some hope for getting some newer titles on here at their 10th anniversary...
Post edited August 26, 2015 by RadonGOG
wow. soon there will be no publishers left. well done gog. i shall now buy some games
stevezy: Nooooooo! Where is Quake 2!?
Good point! I'd love to see Quake 2 come to GOG.com as well. If it does, they'll probably endeavor to package it with both official mission packs, Ground Zero and The Reckoning.
Er... shouldn't we who already own the three Fallout classics get the first two Elders Scrolls already?

Other than that, awesome to see Bethesda around. May their releases be eternal and plentiful!
Bethesda being Bethesda - pricing is ridiculous.

But it's good to have them here anyway. Especially good to see Fallout games back.
Wow, what an exciting addition! :D It sucks there's no initial Linux support for Quake and Doom but I suspect it will come this year. I will watch for them and get excited again when Quake II will arrive as well. But I prefer waiting until there's Linux support.

If I can hail to the king in Linux, I should be able to run through a slipgate without a bottle of wine in my backpack. ;)
Falci: Er... shouldn't we who already own the three Fallout classics get the first two Elders Scrolls already?

Other than that, awesome to see Bethesda around. May their releases be eternal and plentiful!
the technicality probably is no:

and here's why:

you didn't buy those when they were bethesda. you bought them when they were with a totally different publisher. so unless you fork out money for something in this wave, you probably won't get them.

[that's what i think the story will be, anyway. a blue can correct me if i'm wrong.]
First I was like "WTF? Bethesda, the DRM-fetishist, releasing on gog?"

But then I saw the pricing for Morrwind: 22 Bucks...
Really? For a 13 year old game?

Well, I think I will further desist from ever again buying anything from this "Klitsche".
(sry, I guess there is no really equivalent english term for this...)

-----

Godammit, gog.com is swallowing comments o0
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Hecke
Wow, this is huge!!!!!

lostwolfe: morrowind is from 2002. $20?! are you kidding?!
It's the same price on Steam. GOG could probably refuse to sell it, but I say it's better to have it at 20$ and buy it at a sale rather than not have it at all.
Incredible and completely unexpected! My wallet is currently empty though...

Do we get Daggerfall and Arena if we already had Fallout from way before (a.k.a. launch)? I'm guessing no.
I wonder if this means Hexen will come to GoG as well. That will be an instabuy (i own the CD version of Morrowind, already bought the Fallout series and own Doom on Steam already, so for those bundles the price will need to drop first)
Should have been good news but this is soured by the existence of two instances of each fallout episode and some regionnally priced BS...

The GOG catalog gets bigger and I, again, don't care much about it (not caring...at best, I'm just getting warier and warier)...
Makes you wonder if the same people that okay their buggy releases made the decisions on the intro offer, as it pretty the high pricing pretty much kills it except for desperate fanpeeps.

If they started at the discounted price and then were 33% off that would be an actual deal for these games.

Here's to hoping someone nice makes a goodies bundle for peeps who don't have Fallout Classic/Fallout 2 Classic in their libraries and have no shinies due to getting these versions.
It should have been good news but with that multiple version of the fallout games and some regional pricing bullshit, it quite sours it...

GOG catalog expands and I, again, don't care about it (at least, because I'm much warier and warier than not caring)...

Meh...

Some info about those multiple versions would be welcome, GOG staff...
double post...
Post edited August 26, 2015 by GabiMoro