It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello. First off I wanted to say that I don't mind not getting that reward, I had no plans of playing System Shock 2 anyhow. I made this post mostly to let GOG staff know, in case that wasn't really intended to happen.

If this was intentional, this is rather surprising and silly. I get that this is an incentive to make another purchase, but isn't that a bit too precise ? Some people would justifiably be really upset about it.
Attachments:
capture.png (141 Kb)
low rated
Maydawn: Hello. First off I wanted to say that I don't mind not getting that reward, I had no plans of playing System Shock 2 anyhow. I made this post mostly to let GOG staff know, in case that wasn't really intended to happen.

If this was intentional, this is rather surprising and silly. I get that this is an incentive to make another purchase, but isn't that a bit too precise ? Some people would justifiably be really upset about it.
Yes,especially if you already own them.
high rated
Having been around since 2008, aren't you somewhat pleased to see a bit of precision from GOG every now and then? :)
budejovice: Having been around since 2008, aren't you somewhat pleased to see a bit of precision from GOG every now and then? :)
Gotta love this post. XD VERY GOOD SIR!
Dunno, I thought it was pretty clearly indicated as a threshold.

I would have at least inquired before assuming $4.99 might be equivalent to $5.00 in their criteria, but going into it my assumption would have been that it was not sufficient.
bler144: Dunno, I thought it was pretty clearly indicated as a threshold.

I would have at least inquired before assuming $4.99 might be equivalent to $5.00 in their criteria, but going into it my assumption would have been that it was not sufficient.
Yup I didn't mean it wasn't obvious, just that it doesn't feel "right" selling a game for 4.99 instead of rounding it up to 5 so people can enjoy the "free" game.
I'd say it's expected you will pay more than $5 on all the games during the sale, you still have 9-10 days left so don't let that bother you. And if you really can't justify another penny, i'm sure there will be plenty of free System Shock 2 codes floating around. I have one for example (assuming you don't have the game yet).

Maydawn: Yup I didn't mean it wasn't obvious, just that it doesn't feel "right" selling a game for 4.99 instead of rounding it up to 5 so people can enjoy the "free" game.
Enjoy the free game? It's System Shock 2! :P

Here you want my code for it? The game sucks.

Maydawn: Yup I didn't mean it wasn't obvious, just that it doesn't feel "right" selling a game for 4.99 instead of rounding it up to 5 so people can enjoy the "free" game.
I guess if every game was on sale for $4.99 I would agree that it's a silly threshold. Still, it doesn't lessen the sting.
tinyE: Enjoy the free game? It's System Shock 2! :P

The Many sings to us! Silence the discord!
tinyE: Enjoy the free game? It's System Shock 2! :P

TARFU: The Many sings to us! Silence the discord!
Yeah, it's a great game. Here's your gun. BTW, it breaks every FIVE SECONDS!

OH and I know you are on a ship with no way on or off, but that wont stop baddies from just teleporting in! :P
TARFU: The Many sings to us! Silence the discord!
tinyE: Yeah, it's a great game. Here's your gun. BTW, it breaks every FIVE SECONDS!

OH and I know you are on a ship with no way on or off, but that wont stop baddies from just teleporting in! :P
That whole "breaking guns" thing is such an annoying "feature" that it's the main reason I refuse to play FarCry 2.

Time to find a new weapons/gear supplier if your stuff breaks like its made of eggshells.

However, there's always the trusty melee weapon, crowbar/wrench/knife/etc. :/
Post edited November 06, 2015 by TARFU

Ah, good point. Seems like an oversight, sure.

The x.99 price is to suit our buying psychology, so yeah, it probably would have made more sense to set the thresholds according to the logic of the sale prices.

Or maybe it was intentional. Not sure. :)
tinyE: Yeah, it's a great game. Here's your gun. BTW, it breaks every FIVE SECONDS!

TARFU: That whole "breaking guns" thing is such an annoying "feature" that it's the main reason I refuse to play FarCry 2.

Time to find a new weapons/gear supplier if your stuff breaks like its made of eggshells.

What really gets me is it's in the future. Nice to see shit breaks just as easily 200 years from now as it does today. :P
TARFU: That whole "breaking guns" thing is such an annoying "feature" that it's the main reason I refuse to play FarCry 2.

tinyE: What really gets me is it's in the future. Nice to see shit breaks just as easily 200 years from now as it does today. :P
War...war never changes. lol